Author Topic: I just cant seem to find my animal files!  (Read 1658 times)

Offline kittykelly214

• Pooper Scooper
I just cant seem to find my animal files!
« on: January 02, 2007, 05:34:42 PM »
i have zt2 es aa mm
im trying to get theses files because im tring to make varients, i have read penguins VAT. any ideas?  :hmmm:

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 05:40:12 PM »
You need to open up the files with a program such as WinRar. Then navigate to the animal folder. There is a list of what folders you should use here

Please reread the guide carefully as it is very good at explaining things.

Offline kittykelly214

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 05:50:40 PM »
Part 1: Getting the files

To begin, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2. If you cannot find this file, you must find the folder named “Zoo Tycoon 2” in the location where you installed the game. Now you must decide which animal you want the variant to be for. If it is for an ES animal, open the file called “x100_000” using the extracting program (WinRar or WinZip). If the animal is from original ZT2 then open the file called “entities” in the same way

The thing is that i cant find the x100_000 file or the entities file!:juggle:

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 05:59:05 PM »
Did you buy the games separately or did you purchase the Zookeepers Collection? If you have the zookeepers collection then you need to look for the file x151_000.z2f, like the link I gave you states

Offline kittykelly214

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 07:59:04 AM »
ok, i extracted it then i painted the file, but it doesnt seem to work on my game

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 08:37:59 AM »
Did you make sure that the file was not "Read-only"? Right click on the file you painted, and go to Properties, make sure that the box in front of read-only is unchecked.

You also may not have packaged the file correctly. Make sure you have the files arranged like this:

entities > units > animals > Name of Animal (example: WolfGray). Right click on entities, hit "add to archive" and when you package it with WinRar, make sure that you hit ZIP not RAR and save the file as a .z2f

Also, make sure that you put it in your MAIN ZT2 directory, not the downloads folder

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 09:12:45 AM »
Quote from: kittykelly214;170802
ok, i extracted it then i painted the file, but it doesnt seem to work on my game

Did you use dxtbmp? If not, it won't 'paint' right. You need to download that first. And, what program did you use to paint it with? That could matter, too. :original:

Offline kittykelly214

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 09:57:43 AM »
OMG! im soooo happy i made a black tip reef shark varient! and it works! ill probably put it on zoo admin downloads soon :woot:

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 10:03:38 AM »
Glad to see you got it working. Since your question has been answered, this can now be closed. Also, if you think that you like designing, etc, and want to share with people what you have done, feel free to start a Current Projects thread in the ZT2 Current Projects area.