Author Topic: Major AA+MM problem, please help.  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
Major AA+MM problem, please help.
« on: January 03, 2007, 07:53:08 AM »
I have a major problem. I got Marine Mania 2 for Christmas, and it's great, but I have a major problem...every time I try and use an animal from African Adventure, the game works for a short while, then the old "The program has encountered a (non-existant) problem and needs to close". It constantly does that. Constantly.

What's the problem? It's getting on my nerves.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 07:55:19 AM »
I have something similar to that as well. On mine, animals and uch work, but my scenery objects from AA are missing. I guess just re-install AA. : :( : That is what I will end up doing, I think.

Offline Zookeeper91

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 08:00:20 AM »
Do you download a lot of user-made downloads?  If you do, your problem might be that your game doesn't have enough memory.  Try deleting some of them and see what happens.

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 08:03:52 AM »
No user-downloads at all. And I have everything that came with AA...but it keeps closing down for no reason other than it's doing it on purpose.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 08:08:52 AM »
How much memory do you have? What type of graphics card?

You can find out these things by RIGHT clicking on My Computer/Properties. This might help us answer. :original:

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 08:34:52 AM »
Try updating your graphics card drivers perhaps? A quick way to check for driver updates: As long as you have XP and are connected to the internet (can't tell you how to do it with other systems unfortunately) Right click on "My Computer" on your desktop (or in your start menu). Then go to "Properties". Next You'll want to click the Hardware tab at the top (it shoud be between "computer name" and "Advanced". Now that you have selected the Hardware tab, select the "Device Manager" button. This will bring up a list of all of the hardware that your computer has. Go to "Display Adapters" and click the little plus sign. It should bring down a one or two things. Mine, for instance, has "Radeon 9550" and "Radeon 9550 Secondary". Right click on the first one and hit "Update driver". XP will automatically go into the web and search for a driver update. If it doesn't come up with anything type in google the name of the card (in my case, I would type "Radeon 9550 drivers"). Hopefully this works!

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 09:05:55 AM »
Mine's 9250, and there's only one.

The strange thing is that it's only AA that's the problem. MM works fine.

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 09:15:08 AM »
Reinstall then, that's the only advice I can give you. :(

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 10:04:51 AM »
I'll do that and let you know what happens.

Mind you, I still find it strange that I never had the problem when I didn't have Marine Mania installed. ZT2, ES, AA and DD all worked perfectly.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 10:07:18 AM by Ouch »

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 10:08:05 AM »
You can also check out the Microsoft Games web site; some problems with ATI Radeon cards exist: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889367

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 10:18:03 AM »
also which way did you install the ep's there has been know problems if you install DD after AA and before MM you need to install DD after ZT2 and before ES or AA to get MM2 to work properly

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 01:37:36 PM »
Whin you install the new Marine Mania  it my be to much for your PC  The graphics card may need to be up dated . Make sure you dump all temp befor starting the game .This games  make lots of temp file , and they will lock up your game. All so you need A lot orf ram, :hmmm:  to run all the combined programs. one more thing, whin did you defrag your PC last .I all so like to run A program called ( windows registry repair pro) it well fix some of the things that atach to you whin you are on line they can shut down fast .:original: hope this helps I have had A lot of learning in this part of the games so if this is not the prab.  :mail:  pm me and well work it out:juggle: :hmmm: there are many other things so if you need make A list and we can go down it one at A time:throw: but this dose not work I know

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 02:29:25 PM »
It doesn't matter too much now, it's fixed. The game is up and running. It even loaded a scenario I could never open before, so I think it's safe to say things are looking good.

Nonetheless, I will keep in touch if something goes wrong again.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 02:34:40 PM »
Question answered, so :s_closed: