Author Topic: Disappearing objects!  (Read 1575 times)

Offline chelra1969

• Pooper Scooper
Disappearing objects!
« on: January 05, 2007, 03:10:11 PM »
Since installing AA last week, I've had a few problems... one is that whenever I use raised paths over an exhibit, guests can get into the exhibit despite them being fenced off.

My main problem though is objects I have placed are sometimes gone the next time I look, but it seems as if the game thinks they are still there because if I try to put a new object in the same place, it won't let me. This has happened to me with a small stable, some desert themed tables, benches, a statue and some flower beds!

These problems started before I downloaded any user-made stuff, so I believe if anything they are bugs within AA. I just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same and if so, is it possible to get around the problem?

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Disappearing objects!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 04:13:30 PM »
It's a common problem with AA that guests on elevated paths can access adjacent exhibits. There hasn't been any solutions so far. :wacko: :whistling

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Disappearing objects!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 11:02:59 PM »
As CSL has accurately answered your first concern, I will just move onto the second one:

I have never experienced this myself, so I really don't know the best advice to give you. Does the game allow you to delete them? Are they only missing when you are zoomed very far out, or are they gone in guest mode too?

Offline chelra1969

• Pooper Scooper
Disappearing objects!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 08:03:32 AM »
Hmmm I haven't tried in guest mode, although I've tried zooming right in and they're still invisible. I'll try that and let you know! The game doesn't allow me to delete them or pick them up though, I tried that. I'll try to get a screen shot so you can see (or not see, as the case may be!).

Offline chelra1969

• Pooper Scooper
Disappearing objects!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 01:52:06 PM »
The latest on this problem is that I deleted the zoo where I was having trouble and started again, all seemed well then it happened again in my Asian elephant enclosure - a metal water trough disappeared (the water stayed there floating in the air!) and the elephant house also disappeared and one of the elephants was stuck there - I was able to lift him out though. Here's a screenshot where you can see the floating water and the bare rectangle where the elephant house was;

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/rachelfay/zoomissingobjects.jpg

Any advice anyone can give will be most welcome!

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
Disappearing objects!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 09:25:21 AM »
Now that is weird.  If have not experience this problem at all.  I would say you say go into to your graphics and see if there any anomolies in your settings.

Offline BottleNoseDolphin1

• Zookeeper
Disappearing objects!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 10:44:11 AM »
Quote from: chelra1969;174226
The latest on this problem is that I deleted the zoo where I was having trouble and started again, all seemed well then it happened again in my Asian elephant enclosure - a metal water trough disappeared (the water stayed there floating in the air!) and the elephant house also disappeared and one of the elephants was stuck there - I was able to lift him out though. Here's a screenshot where you can see the floating water and the bare rectangle where the elephant house was;

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/rachelfay/zoomissingobjects.jpg

Any advice anyone can give will be most welcome!

freaky.....