Author Topic: Major Issues.  (Read 1305 times)

Offline zygirl22

• Pooper Scooper
Major Issues.
« on: February 02, 2007, 01:21:08 PM »
I have played Zoo Tycoon 2 for awhile, I purchased Endangered Species, and African Adventure and installed them. Both which worked fine together, No problems, no lag, nothing. Today I bought Marine Mania and Installed it, I can't even play the game. It goes in fine, and I get to the screen where it has like..load saved game, challange game etc. Everytime I try to make a new Zoo, Load an old one, or even play a scenario it loads fine, and I get into the map and it just doesn't work. The screen goes all "crazy" with sometimes pixelated colors, an almost entirely green screen, or I can see everything but I can't move and the music is either not working, or sometimes playing. It's weird, I never had this problem before. It never loads, I thought it eventually would, I so I left to go have Dinner and left it on for about 35 minutes, came back, same thing. Any help? It would be greatly appreciated! Also, I have no background programs running, zilch. I have 2 gigs of Ram, Pentium 4, Windows XP, GeForce card...Don't ask me which, I'm not all that great with computers. This computer was just purchased before Christmas, so I'm pretty sure the problem isn't dealing with my computers performace.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Major Issues.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 01:23:23 PM »
Try updating your graphics drivers. A quick way to check for driver updates: As long as you have XP and are connected to the internet (can't tell you how to do it with other systems unfortunately) Right click on "My Computer" on your desktop (or in your start menu). Then go to "Properties". Next You'll want to click the Hardware tab at the top (it shoud be between "computer name" and "Advanced". Now that you have selected the Hardware tab, select the "Device Manager" button. This will bring up a list of all of the hardware that your computer has. Go to "Display Adapters" and click the little plus sign. It should bring down a one or two things. Mine, for instance, has "Radeon 9550" and "Radeon 9550 Secondary". Right click on the first one and hit "Update driver". XP will automatically go into the web and search for a driver update. If it doesn't come up with anything type in google the name of the card (in my case, I would type "Radeon 9550 drivers"). Hopefully this works!

Offline zygirl22

• Pooper Scooper
Major Issues.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 01:28:18 PM »
I just updated my drivers, I'm going to restart because it prompted me to do so. I will post the results after I try it again.

EDIT:

Still nothing, however, when I start Zoo Tycoon 2 now it says Warning, your graphics card may be too old to run Zoo Tycoon. Uh, What? It's a GeForce FX 5200, if anyone has any idea...??

EDIT:
 I'm not getting that weird warning anymore, but my game is still pretty much unresponsive, I completely reinstalled all games, still no dice.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 02:54:01 PM by zygirl22 »

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Major Issues.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 05:15:24 PM »