Author Topic: Mixed Exhibits  (Read 3902 times)

Offline Jormund The Jarl

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Mixed Exhibits
« on: December 27, 2005, 11:47:00 PM »
Hi This is a thread to discuss less common mixes that you have successfully made (ie above 85 suitability above 95 happyness) I hope this is allowed by the mods... :erm

Here's some of mine:

Highly successful
Water buffalo + Wildebeest
Blackbuck + Sable Antelope (Sables like khejris!)
Clouded leopard + Black Leopard

Not-so-succesful
Sable antelope + baboon
Bangal Tiger+Clouded leopard.

Plz note that less common does NOT mean Gazelle + Zebra or Mandrill + Bongo! :D

Offline Zoo Animal

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/zootycoonjungle/index.htm
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 01:22:42 AM »
white bengal tiger and normal bengal ( :lol )
black buck and thompsons gazzel

Offline LFZ

• Pooper Scooper
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 02:35:48 PM »
I love to mix exhibits whenever I can, so here's a few:

Ceoleophysis/Herrasaurus
Moose/Unicorn
Humpback/Sperm whale (but they need loads of room, of course.)

AAAANND, what takes the cake would have to be:
Mountain Lion/Llama.

Seriously! They love the same thing, the only problem is that the mountain lions eat the llamas. You just have to block each of them with folilage and/or rocks and/or water. I discovered this when I put a cougar in the same exhibit as a llama herd and there were green faces all around. Life's strange, isn't it?

Gosh, I sure can babble, can't I? :rolleyes

Offline Fawkes

• Pooper Scooper
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 06:07:29 PM »
There's Triceratops and Ankylosaurus, i think.

Offline drewbster

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.quirksims.com/
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 09:10:45 PM »
Okay, my first post :) I just got ZTCC like two or three days ago, totally hooked, and I'm already in the habit of mixing zebras/gazelles/wildebeest/ostriches, only done a couple zoos so far.

But this morning, even though the scientest had fits, I mixed stegasaurus and camptosaurus, and it remained one of my more popular exhibits, plus they've been breeding like crazy :w00t

Can't wait to try the mountain lion and llama -- I was also wondering this morning if any animals and dinosaurs might get along. I learned that stegs and mooses don't like each other....

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 10:13:31 AM »
Originally posted by drewbster@Feb 2 2006, 11:10 PM
Okay, my first post :) I just got ZTCC like two or three days ago, totally hooked, and I'm already in the habit of mixing zebras/gazelles/wildebeest/ostriches, only done a couple zoos so far.

But this morning, even though the scientest had fits, I mixed stegasaurus and camptosaurus, and it remained one of my more popular exhibits, plus they've been breeding like crazy :w00t

Can't wait to try the mountain lion and llama -- I was also wondering this morning if any animals and dinosaurs might get along. I learned that stegs and mooses don't like each other....
Well, from personal experience...

You can mix the Ankylosaurus with African Elephants, Black Rhinos, Wildebeests, Buffalos, Lions, Cheetahs, Leopards and Hunting Dogs. Don't try any other animal, or the Ankys will kill them. Don't try your luck with the Triceratops either, they kill EVERYTHING, although they might be able to go with the Hunting Dog.

The Megatherium and Macrauchenia can mix well with the American Bison and Wild Horse.

Moose and Unicorns go well with the Apatosaurus and Plateosaurus, although the rating isn't the highest. Don't try your luck with the Iguanadon, they'll muller the poor mythicals. You can keep them with Moose however.

The Grey Wolf mixs well with the Gallimimus and Lambeosaurus.

Bigfoot makes a great companion for all the coniferous herbivores.

The Caudipteryx can go with almost ALL jungle animals.

The Coelophysis mixes well with Tigers.

Woolly Rhinoceros go well with Arctic Wolves, although the suitability may be dampered by the fact that one likes foliage and the other doesn't.

If you have a tank, it is possible to keep Plesiosaurus or the Loch Ness Monster with Camels and Gemsbok.

And, of course, there's the must try Deinosuchus/Saltwater Crocodile exhibit.

Offline Xtreme

• Game Warden
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 10:52:31 AM »
There's the ever popular T-rex/Deinosuchus, the mixed exhibit I made that actually works. Ouch could explain it better than I could.

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 01:32:17 PM »
Possibly. I don't want to take ALL the credit you understand. I may have tested, and perfected the idea...

Basically, you need a very large land area and an even larger tank area. On the land area, make half of the habitat suitable for a T-Rex and half suitable for a Deinosuchus. Use horsetails or another aquatic plants in the Deino's tank, and Broadleaf Bushes in the T-Rex's land quarters, remembering to fill them to the maximum. All rocks should be added after the two hatch and onto the land part. I have managed to get both animals suitabilities up to 90% or greater.

...but you invented and recognised the idea in the first place Xtreme.

Offline drewbster

• Pooper Scooper
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 12:47:19 AM »
Originally posted by Ouch@Feb 3 2006, 12:13 PM
The Caudipteryx can go with almost ALL jungle animals.
Cool, my latest zoo is nearly all rainforest/tropics, but I keep forgetting to try adding something else to the caudipteryx. I tried tapirs already, but they just don't seem to like anyone else around at all -- I did put them with Asian elephants and the Javan rhino, saw that combo listed somewhere, and I like it so far. Everyone's happy, but the ZK insists they aren't.

Finally found the mermaid, but I haven't added her to my shark tank (yet). She'd probably be okay with the manatee though......

Offline Wooly Rhino

• Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
    • http://s15.invisionfree.com/shadowstar/index.php?act=idx
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 05:21:27 AM »
Mermaids are ok with everything except Sharks.  :lol

Offline Ala Okeissua

• Pooper Scooper
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 03:02:41 PM »
This is some really great info, thanks.  I have tried some of the combos before, but never thought about the Mt. lion and llama mix.  The large rock formations and full square trees are good for keeping predator/prey separate.

Offline drewbster

• Pooper Scooper
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 10:16:15 PM »
How will the llamas and cougars eat though, if there's only one gate? I haven't tried it yet either, but I got to wondering, will the zookeeper cross a barrier to place the other kind of food? Just been working out the exhibit in my head, and got stuck on that part....

Offline LFZ

• Pooper Scooper
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 02:53:46 PM »
What you have to do is sort of annoying, yeah. Every now and then you have to find the assigned zookeeper and plop 'em down on the other side of the exhibit. Also you have to watch for babies, whenever the message box says, "Congragulations! Llama/Mountain Lion *insert number here* has given birth!" pause the game, head to the exhibit, and find the said baby; the babies are placed randomly in the exhibit and you have to make sure they don't slaughter one another. It's an extremely high-matinence exhibit, but it's terribly impressive in your zoo.

And, if the cougar gets really hungry, you can always find a spare llama and transport it. *evil grin*

~LFZ

Offline Alpha Raptor

• Marine Biologist
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 12:06:55 PM »
I made an Asiatic Black Bear and Panda exhibit following Wisco's guides....at first the Pandas were angry...then they made a baby!

I also made a Plateosaurus and Unicorn exhibit.

Offline bob5

• Pooper Scooper
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 05:36:12 PM »
Tosay I made a Malaysian Tapir/Black Leopard exhibit and it was the most popular exhibit! I just couldn't belive that the two were compatible!

Offline L-E-F-T-Y

• Pooper Scooper
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 12:59:55 PM »
atlantic sword fish  bottle nosed dolphin west indian manatee  very high suttlbility but "incompatible"  nobody was unhapppy or eating each other also beluga narwhal work well

(40est post YAY :D )

koala king

Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 10:30:53 AM »
If not already said, zebras and gazelles.

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 11:33:50 PM »
Actually, my Ankylosaurs keep a good relationship with an experimental triceratops herd that i kept in their exhibit.
Another good mix would be the White and the common Bengal tigers. Or a common bengal with a clouded leopard. Also try the Hammerhead-tiger-Great White shark combo. Don´t use makos, the Great White will eat them.
Hope this helps.

Offline Kintaro316

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Mixed Exhibits
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 08:06:48 AM »
My most popular mixed attraction has been:

Iguandadon, Styracasaurus (sp?) Apotasaurus and Plateosaur. This requires a huge exhibit, i think its 25 x 20, and only one of each animal. But its a crowd pleaser.

Can't take credit for it though, got it off a list from Wisco's