Author Topic: Admission Fee  (Read 2329 times)

Offline heroquestelf

• Pooper Scooper
Admission Fee
« on: March 02, 2006, 03:58:53 PM »
I have a question. I've tried raising and lowering my entrance fee, and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

What I mean by that is, if I lower my price, more people come in. If I lower my price, less people come in.

Now, before you comment, I realize that what I just said is a "yeah, duh" statement. The reason why I'm posting this is purely the numbers involved. The amount of money I make in admissions is almost identical. I average around $3200 with a decent sized zoo, regardless of my admission price.

Anybody else notice this? Any input or suggestions? I'm still fairly new to Zoo Tycoon.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Admission Fee
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 05:41:27 PM »
I think it may matter a little-I know if you set it to free, the guests come flooding in.  I've never bothered to actually take a look at this, I usually make more money off things other than admission.

Have you tried lowering or raising your marketing funding?  It's at the same place where you raise the admission.  It says that the higher the funding, the more guests you will get.

Offline banmenowBK

• Pooper Scooper
Admission Fee
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 04:06:12 PM »
Not, that it really matters, but put the admission price at cheap will do the same thing for your zoo as putting it on free

Offline Firehawke

• "Ooh, look---it's a frog!"
  • Game Warden
Admission Fee
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 02:34:43 PM »
One of the first things that I do when I'm starting a new zoo is to set the fee to $29.  Guests don't grumble about the price being too high but it's not so cheap as to bring no money in.  It usually works out pretty well for me.  Hope this helps!

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
Admission Fee
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 07:02:53 PM »
I agree with FH. My zoo admissions stay under $30 per adult, unless I'm almost done with a large zoo, then I put it up to about $35. I've never gone any higher than that.:blushing:

Offline wbfd817

• Veteran Member
  • Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.pccountrydoctor.com
Admission Fee
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 08:13:29 PM »
Ok, we're all agreed on price level affecting numbers of visitors. But lets go to the next level here...
     What exactly are you trying to accomplish, what are your goals for this zoo?
     If this is a pure money making to build bigger, better, faster then you'll probably think you want to set the admission price higher. hmmmm, maybe not.
     I've found the best strategy is to vary the admission price from $19 to $24, leaving the higher price admission to deliberately slow down the number of visitors.
     The low price of $19 to start, goads more and more visitors through the gates of your "starter" zoo, and by a careful mix of exhibits, vendors and attractions, (and needless to add - a few best done exibits) your first visitors will quickly raise your zoo's popularity, spend more money, and donate like crazy.

If your goals for your zoo is an awards based zoo, the same strategy seems to work best there as well, getting you to the first level awards more quickly and still generating enough money to keep building.

I only raise ticket prices to help reach building goals more quickly,.. or as mentioned earlier, to temporarily, or more permanently decrease guest flow.

Hope this helps :) Build on :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 08:21:48 PM by wbfd817 »

Offline Gaterade

• Zookeeper
Admission Fee
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 11:34:43 AM »
The only time I mess with the admission fee is to control the amount of guest to prevent sick guests and crowded animals. I higher the price at about 250-300 guests depending on the size of my walkways, number of animals, and soze of zoo

Offline I_27_04

• Pooper Scooper
  • YOu will never have an afro better than mine. haha
Re: Admission Fee
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 10:04:43 AM »
guests dont realy care what the zoo admission costs, maby it doesent work like a hop cost I dont know. but who cares. I amke a tone of money off of it, when my zoo looks good enough to be popular I raise the admission cost to 100 and go full zoo marketing. works every time. unless u have a realy crummy zoo. and I mean like one animal with a small cage that has no zookeepers. even just four animal exhibits that look good can make a great zoo. :offtopic: thats why I play demo version. when I am in a cheating mood I make the admission at 100 and use the zoo test hack, or ill set the chance to make a guest at 100 with all chances so it makes one every four seconds. IF anybody knows how the zoo test hack works let me know because I have been waiting forever to try to make a zoo with 10,000 guests. just read my signature, youl see it sais that we will one day have that. and its true.
Still this was a  :goodpost: :goodjob: :iloveZA: :hammer2:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 10:13:51 AM by I_27_04 »

Offline Emdr

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Admission Fee
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 05:40:13 PM »
I rise my fee everytime I introduce new exibits, staff etc. My maximum is 35 although I have been to a 45 fee once due to the large zoo, expenses etc. Guests still flooded my zoo
A good strategy is set the fee free and raise the food and drink fees to the maximum. That gets you a good deal of cash.