Author Topic: How Do I Get Ratings Up?  (Read 2342 times)

Offline EchosDance

• Pooper Scooper
How Do I Get Ratings Up?
« on: April 20, 2006, 06:40:39 AM »
I'm having trouble getting my customer happiness and zoo rating up.  What is the easiest/ most effective way to do so.  Thanks!

Offline njbums

• Copa Cabana
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • http://
How Do I Get Ratings Up?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 09:49:10 AM »
Echosdance - The most effictive way to get customer happiness up is for them to see animals anywhere the walk, this will also help with the zoo rating. Another tip for zoo rating is to have your exhibits have a high suitability rating (you can find the suitability rating by clicking on one of your animals and it's the green bar at the bottom). If you suitability is less than 90%, try changing things in your exhibits. Also, if you want to find out how to get 100% suitability for all animals, check out Wisco's site, it tells you how much foilage, rocks, etc. you need for each animal :wtg

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
How Do I Get Ratings Up?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 09:57:17 AM »
*moving to strategies*

Try looking through topics in this section of the forum, you may find a few topic to help you.

The most helpful tip you will find, like njbums said, is Happy Animals = Happy Guests

You could also check out the articles section, there are a few on guest happiness/care HERE, and one HERE on the break down of zoo rating.

Offline Firehawke

• "Ooh, look---it's a frog!"
  • Game Warden
How Do I Get Ratings Up?
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 02:21:48 PM »
Also, try to complete as much research as possible.  Having more research done increases your zoo rating a little bit.  Adding tour guides also has an effect on guest happiness.

Offline Zoo Keeper Haruko

• Pooper Scooper
How Do I Get Ratings Up?
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 07:46:45 PM »
guests also like scenery such as flowers, fountains, statues etc. animals all around keep the guest happiness up most of all  

try what firehawke and njbums say aswell, it works!  :wtg

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
How Do I Get Ratings Up?
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 10:09:59 AM »
What I do is put in only restaurants.  They are more expensive but guests are drawn to them, and they fulfill food, thirst, and bathroom needs.  This also means you have no trashcans around.

It's not always the most fun way to design a zoo, what with the cute food court buildings that are available, but especially for scenarios, it's the easiest way to keep your guests happy.  Since I've started doing that I've had no hungry or thirsty guests.

Offline banmenowBK

• Pooper Scooper
How Do I Get Ratings Up?
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 08:03:33 AM »
WoW! I didn't know that guest go into restaurants to use the bathroom, I thought that they only used the restroom in the restaurants when they went in there to eat.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
How Do I Get Ratings Up?
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 09:24:56 AM »
Quote from: Peacenote
They are more expensive but guests are drawn to them, and they fulfill food, thirst, and bathroom needs.  This also means you have no trashcans around.

Sorry, but you're wrong about that, Peacenote. Restaurants don't have bathrooms, that's why you need to put a bathroom beside every restaurant. You'll notice that when the guests walk out, they almost always go straight to the bathroom. (Apparently the restaurants don't have indoor plumbing)! :laughing:

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
How Do I Get Ratings Up?
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 10:49:34 AM »
But this is for ZT1.  I think that it's a change that they made with ZT2, that restuarants no longer fulfill the bathroom need.  But in any ZT1 zoo I have I can put in restaurants only and never have a problem.  :huh:

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
How Do I Get Ratings Up?
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 01:19:59 AM »
Yeah, Peacenote is right.