Author Topic: Triceratops?!  (Read 3746 times)

Offline Zoo Keeper Haruko

• Pooper Scooper
Triceratops?!
« on: May 02, 2006, 06:18:23 PM »
anyone want to give me tips how to make the triceratops happy? when i make the exhibit, the suitability is usually 83-87 but they still rampage and destroy everything, which makes them even more unhappy. so could anyone help me out?  :happy

Offline HAL9000

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Triceratops?!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 06:50:17 PM »
What I do to make all dinosaurs happy is put all the trees on the other side of a river so they can't reach them.  It works with T Rexs.

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Triceratops?!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 10:04:25 AM »
From what I can remember, triceratops like the grass tree (I think that's what it's called...it's one of the ones from Australia) the most.  Put in 4 of these per square until the first tree you place in a new square brings up a red sad face.  The suitability should get quite a bit higher.

Offline njbums

• Copa Cabana
  • Senior Zookeeper
Triceratops?!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 02:55:07 PM »
Zoo Keeper Haruko - you can go to Wisco's site (the link to it can be found under other zoo tycoon sites). It will give you the breakdown of what you need in each exhibit for all animals in order to achieve 100% suitability

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Triceratops?!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 02:52:24 PM »
It depends on what version of the game you have too.  I've checked Wisco's for you and found 2 different exhibits.

From "Unlock" Animals list:
Triceratops
Exhibit size: 20 x 10 (200 squares)
Fence Type: 40x concrete fence + 20x concrete chain fence
Terrain: 150 squares savannah, 10 squares fresh water, 10 squares sand and 30 squares dirt
Foliage: 18 squares full with thorn bush
Rocks: 16 small rocks
Shelter : none
Toy: no toy
Elevation: no elevation needed
Animals: 1 male and 1 female
Animal Happiness: 100
Suitability Rating: 101
Total Cost: $ 45.020
Cost/Square: $ 225,10

From Dino Digs list:
Triceratops (Dino Digs Version)
Exhibit size: 20 x 10 ( 200 squares )
Fence Type: 60x reinforced concrete and iron bar fence
Terrain: 150 squares savannah, 10 squares fresh water, 10 squares sand and 30 squares dirt
Foliage: 18 squares full with sigillaria tree
Rocks: 4 medium savannah rocks
Shelter: no shelter
Toy: no toy
Elevation : no elevation
Animals: 1 male and 1 female
Animal Happiness: between 94-100
Suitability Rating: 101
Total Cost: $ 45.500
Cost/Square: $ 227,50

Offline strangeguy32000

• Pooper Scooper
Triceratops?!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 09:58:22 AM »
TO keep the Trikes from Demolishing all Foliage in thier exhibit, Bunch them (the foliage) together. It has worked with my anky(Ankylosaurus), My Spino(Spinosaurus), My T-Rex(Tyrannosaurus Rex), And my Apys(Apatosaurus). It should Work with the Trike. Do not use iron bar electrified Under any circumstances with a Trike Exhibit. :IloveZA: :IloveZA: :IloveZA: :IloveZA: Can you Tell I love ZA

Offline raptor

• Pooper Scooper
Triceratops?!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 01:08:38 PM »
if you don't get it happy, just sell that one and buy another one

sometimes if they are unhappy they stay unhappy unless you replace them

Offline zoo120

• Pooper Scooper
Triceratops?!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 01:33:20 PM »
I have tried all the suggestions and how do i make them happy

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Triceratops?!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 01:43:01 PM »
One thing that may not have been mentioned yet is patience.  Give them some time to cheer up to their new exhibit. :original:

Also, you don't need an electric fence for trikes, so don't use them.  They can electrocute (sp?) themselves on those fences, which will make them unhappy.  Just use on of the reinforced concrete fences.

Offline bengaltiger

• Zookeeper
  • Movie Maniac
Triceratops?!
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 01:48:52 PM »
I agree with Mo patience is the key to success.:happy:   But if you arnt patient, simply make the enclosure, hatch the egg, put in needed items (trees, grass, rocks, ect.)until happy, then sell the animal and buy a new one, this one will be perfectly happy with the arangment made for its stay at your zoo.: :) :
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 01:51:34 PM by bengaltiger »

Offline Gaterade

• Zookeeper
Triceratops?!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 06:59:32 PM »
The way (it has been mentioned) to do it is to build a river in an "L" shape of the corner of your exhibit and build all trees in that corner. The animal cannot swim therefore it will not trample resulting in happiness

Offline kiger

• Zookeeper
Triceratops?!
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 11:04:31 AM »
Bengal that's exactly what i do. Especially with dinos

Offline Okapi_Keeper

• Zookeeper
Triceratops?!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 04:48:29 PM »
What I do for any stbborn dino is wait till the egg hatches then I pause the game. Then add needed terrain, plants, and rocks. They should be happy when you unpause the game

Offline Ixion

• Zookeeper
  • doughnuts: heart didease in a ring
Triceratops?!
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 05:19:39 PM »
If they're still not happy after their exhibit is 100% perfect, here's what I do(this also works for regular animals). Make sure you have the scientist training that when they enter the exhibit the animals become happier. Sooooo, just place the scientist in the exhibit like, a zillion times, by speedily clicking on them repeadietly=100 happiness! :)

Offline ilovesimgolf

• Pooper Scooper
Triceratops?!
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 02:42:54 PM »
Ixion is right. You might also want to check that there is no poo in the exhibit as this will make the mad. Are any or the triceratops sick :sick: ? That would do it. If you gave us a screenshot of the exhibit then maybe we could help you more.

Good luck, as all dinos are hard to take care of (:surprise: )

ilovesimgolf

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
Triceratops?!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 05:18:49 PM »
What I do with my dinos i lower the terrain under it to put it in a pit, add the terrain, foliage, and rocks, and wait. When the dino's happyness bar reaches 90+, I level the pit and put the dino in the exhibit. Hope that helps.

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
Triceratops?!
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 12:12:49 AM »
If you put thire trees along the wall and rocks around there to That has help me all so they seem to lick a lot of space so they can live in a big heard . And sometimes you just get a crabby animal so get a new one .

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Triceratops?!
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 02:33:09 AM »
The way I used to do it was to FIRST make a fairly suitable exhibit with savannah grass and water, along with a few squares of rocks and trees, and THEN buy the triceratops.