Author Topic: Orca Shows  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Orca Shows
« on: June 11, 2006, 08:51:36 AM »
Posted by: judieau Oct. 14 2004, 01:55 AM
Not sure what I'm doing wrong folks but I can't seem to get a suitability for the orcas show tank above the mid 70s...any suggestions please?

I put in a ball, the stage and the advanced trick area but my orcas are not enthoosed about their tank at all. They are happy as larry in their main tank though.

Thanks for your help

Posted by: rednotdead Oct. 14 2004, 05:13 AM
show animals dont like the show tanks no matter what you do they just dont like it (guess its because they ZT is real to life and it not nice to have show animals  ) but they are always unhappy when performing even if the show are infrequent.  

Posted by: judieau Oct. 14 2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks rednotdead  Yes I figured as much, as it's not natural for them to be doing these tricks in a tank, so it does make sense.  

Posted by: WhitePanda Oct. 14 2004, 09:55 PM
When I have sea otters performing they lose a wee bit of happiness but then they go back to their main tank and they quickly regain it again. It must be some strange glitch ... they don't get more upset if you set it to Infrequent. They just keep losing about 5 points each then regain it quickly ... hmmm. Odd.  

Posted by: James 24 Oct. 15 2004, 12:54 PM
Moving to strategies

--------------------->  

Posted by: Nessie Nov. 4 2004, 07:56 PM
Maybe the crowd makes them nervous.  

Posted by: mo15 Nov. 4 2004, 08:02 PM
I think they just become a bit unhappy because performing in a show makes them tired. as soon as they get back to their tank and have a bite to eat and some rest they are happy again. thats why they get very unhappy when it is set to frequent, they get too tired