Author Topic: angry guests  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Popcorn

• Pooper Scooper
angry guests
« on: July 19, 2006, 09:09:54 AM »
For some reason when i get to about 400 guests, i always get like 1 to 4 angry guests.  I payed close attention but they don't seem to be angry for any apparent reason. Everyone (including the angry guests) is fed, enough bathrooms, etc... (all the meters are in the green except for happiness) they just say something to the effect of "I don't like this zoo; I'm going to an amusement park" even though they also say that such and such animal seems overjoyed for all exhibits... so why exactly are they unhappy?? (and no animals escaped)

thanks for any suggestion! :cool:

Offline netherdragon

• Pooper Scooper
angry guests
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 09:22:56 AM »
:happy: is this for zt1 or zt2? if its for zt1 look at the animal exibits make shure that their is not alot of poop in it or to little space. if its for zt2 the guest probly want something like gift shops or amusement stuff. if none of the tips work then I dunt know what to do
its just a glitch.

This is the ZT 1 Forum, so this is for ZT 1. Please be a little more careful with your posts.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 11:36:07 AM by LadyZookeeperNY »

Offline mikek21

• Pooper Scooper
angry guests
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 10:32:51 AM »
In ZT1, when guests say "I don't like this zoo; I'm going to an amusement park", it means there is not enough fun things for them to do in your zoo. You need to add things like the merry-go-round, the elephant ride, the animal theater etc. The quality of your exhibits and happy animals add to guest happiness, but they also need activities to keep them "amused". Just look at the objects and buildings that are available to add to your zoo, and I am sure will find "amusing" things to add.

Offline jakeeh11

• Zookeeper
angry guests
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 07:02:44 AM »
If you have Dino Digs, do what I do. Make a T-Rex exhibit. If you have an angry guest, pick them up. Place them in the Rex exhibit. Delete the door. (And replace it with the non gate fence!) Watch the rex eat!

Offline kiwah

• Senior Zookeeper
angry guests
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 07:45:05 AM »
That's sick jakeeh11!
I agree with everyone elses advice. Add amusing things. also, isn't there a guest max for 400 poeple? Maybe your zoo is getting a bit crowded?

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
angry guests
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 08:02:33 AM »
Any size zoo map in ZT 1 can hold up to 1000 guests-that's the built in game max. I always try to place one of the attraction houses that fits a themed area in between exhibits, like the Primate House near primate exhibits, an aquarium near marine exhibits, etc. Restaurants take care of normal guest needs, but adding attractions and rides always helps the entertainment factor. Wishing fountains help too.

Offline Firehawke

• "Ooh, look---it's a frog!"
  • Game Warden
angry guests
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 02:31:58 PM »
Don't forget tour guides and landscaping.  These things can add a bit to the GH.  Also, try placing your exhibits close together.  The farther the guests have to walk to the next exhibit, and the more empty space they have to look at, the more bored them seem to get (at least from what I've experienced)

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
angry guests
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 04:01:10 PM »
That's a very good point FH-I didn't think of that and it's completely true! Thanks hun!

Offline Popcorn

• Pooper Scooper
angry guests
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 08:08:38 AM »
Quote from: jakeeh11
If you have Dino Digs, do what I do. Make a T-Rex exhibit. If you have an angry guest, pick them up. Place them in the Rex exhibit. Delete the door. (And replace it with the non gate fence!) Watch the rex eat!

Ha ha! Yeah I have been doing that too... very fun indeed

Quote from: Firehawke
Don't forget tour guides and landscaping.  These things can add a bit to the GH.  Also, try placing your exhibits close together.  The farther the guests have to walk to the next exhibit, and the more empty space they have to look at, the more bored them seem to get (at least from what I've experienced)

I think tat's it then, my exhibits are far from a central area i wanted to do with everything fun and food courts etc... in it (sort of like all roads leading to that central area) but it hasn't been working, i think they have too much path to walk...

thanks for all the tips guys!

Please remember to use the Edit Button instead of double posting-Thank You!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 08:32:33 AM by LadyZookeeperNY »

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
angry guests
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 10:42:18 PM »
How wide are your paths?  With 400 guests, you will need some main paths that are two tiles wide.  Without double width, your guests will be crowded and cannot move fast enough to keep them happy.

Offline Lobelia Overhill

• Pooper Scooper
angry guests
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 07:35:59 AM »
I came to the conclusion that the game is programed to have a few guests who will whinge regardless of what you do, because there are people like that in real life!

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
angry guests
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 07:52:03 AM »
Haha, that's an interesting theory Lobelia Overhill! :happy:

BTW, :welcomean to ZA! Be sure you head over to the Introductions thread and introduce yourself. You'll find that we are all a very friendly, helpful bunch of people (if a little crazy at times :laughing: )

Also, our resident granny csleesburg always has your favorite cookies baked for you to eat in the hall. Don't forget to grab some!

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
angry guests
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 09:41:10 PM »
Actually, there is some truth to that theory. When Zoo Tycoon creates a new guest, it randomly sets the needs for the guest. So a certain percentage of guests will need something right away. In order to satisfy these needs quickly, a zoo can have everything near the entrance: happy animals to view, a restaurant, and a gift stand. Then, past those, there can be attractions and esthetics mixed in with more exhibits, restaurants, and souvenirs.