Author Topic: Guest Happiness  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Gourami Keeper

• Pooper Scooper
Guest Happiness
« on: November 12, 2006, 10:41:16 AM »
Anyone know of a good startegy for scenarios to make the guest as happy as possble when they come in?? I will try and try to get a higher happiness but it will just get lower!

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
Guest Happiness
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 11:49:20 AM »
In ZT1, guests enter the zoo with a happiness of 70, I believe.  The best thing for making guests happy, is to have exhibits with high animal happiness all along the pathways.  The guests don't want to walk more than a couple of steps to see more animals.

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
Guest Happiness
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 05:57:48 PM »
You're very close tazlover--the guests arrive with a happiness level of 74. Some of them arrive with needs already needing to be met too--hungry, thirsty, needing a restroom...very annoying if you ask me! :woot:  I will generally have 2 animal exhibits on either side of the entrance (map design permitting) and a restaurant across from each of the exhibits so the guests can take care of their needs right away. After I get 1-3 more exhibits built, then I start putting in attractions and more restaurants. I rarely use the food stands as that can cause the guest happiness to take a nose dive into nothingness (is that a word? :blink: ). One more tip to use to increase happiness levels is to place flowers, fountains and statues around to beautify your zoos a bit. Guests seem to like to look at nice areas while walking on to the next exhibit.

Hope this is helpful to you Gourami Keeper, and anyone else who reads this! :wub:

Offline Gourami Keeper

• Pooper Scooper
Guest Happiness
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 09:42:13 PM »
So you add like a restraunt near the first 2 exhibits!

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
Guest Happiness
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 10:11:14 PM »
Yes I do, Gourami Keeper-that's it exactly! This link will take you to one of my S&T pages that has overview pics of a small zoo I did a few months ago. I try to make sure that for every 3-4 exhibits there's a restaurant close by. Sometimes I get so focused on putting in the animals that I forget to include them, but most of the time that's usually my plan...:rolleyes:  I will also use some of the themed bathrooms and place them around just so I don't get those messages saying guests are looking for more restrooms :pinch:

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
Guest Happiness
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 12:14:11 AM »
Personally, i don´t use restrooms or food stands.
Prairie Dog and normal restaurants work good for me...also, keep in mind that the aesthetic value of your zoo (ej. the roads, observation areas and decorative fences) will increase the guest happiness if they look good. For example, sometimes, i use rock or atlantean arches in the entrance for increasing happiness; also, don´t forget to use the Longhorn Statue and the Turtle fountain (surround them with flowerbeds).
An extra tip:
T-Rexes, Dolphins, Sharks, Orcas, Velociraptors, Tigers and Elephants will increase your guest happiness. Also, many popular animals will make a good looking zoo.