Author Topic: Dd Tips  (Read 9689 times)

Offline Liger22

• Pooper Scooper
Dd Tips
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2006, 03:47:05 AM »
The way i get the dinsoaurs to not get the dinosaurs attacking the fences is to making their exibits sutable....... :hehe  :wtg  :tongue1  :idea

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Dd Tips
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2006, 04:58:25 AM »
The best way to stop them is by not using elecrtic fences, they make the animals and guests unhappy. Instead, sink the exhibit 2 or 3 squares (I always used 2), and use the low rock fence or something like that - it keeps the guests and animals happy, and doesn't let the dinos escape !!!! :wtg

Offline Commissar

• Pooper Scooper
    • http:// http://www.myspace.com/mobilinfantry
Dd Tips
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2006, 12:44:49 PM »
What I usually do when incorporating a T-rex in my zoo is to try to create an exhibit that might suite it before it hatches. Then when it hatches try to make its exhibit as good as you can. I mostly try the whole. Pause and play method, where you take a look at what it needs then, pause the game add what it needs, unpause it-to refresh its suitability, wash and repeat. The perfect way of creating a stable exhibit for a dinosaur would be creating a moat next to the guests, about 3 spaces until the fence. Maybe even surrounding the whole exhibit with water, then all you have to use is bar fencing.

Oh, and by the way, I got my T-rex paddoc on my JP map up to about 95 suitability and 100% happyness, I'm good that way.

Offline banmenowBK

• Pooper Scooper
Dd Tips
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2006, 07:08:11 PM »
But it is fun to shock them

Offline nightowl52

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Dd Tips
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2006, 09:46:39 PM »
I have found that building a double fence does a good job of keeping in the more aggressive dinos.  Also if you put the trees against the fence, it also keeps the dinos away from the fence.

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
Dd Tips
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 11:12:23 PM »
No, that´s just an useless idea against the Spinosaurus! Those monsters will break first one, and then the two fences. Only a electric fence will stop them; but in order to prevent them from frying themselves in the fence, you should use rocks and rock formations in a row to stop them.
Or sink the exhibit two tiles. This would work with all of the dinosaurs, just keep in mind that if you want to build hills in a T-Rex exhibit, you should place them in the middle of the exhibit, surrounded by trees, water and rocks. Or the T-Rex will just run over the fence.
Ah, another thing...don´t let the raptors´size fool you. Those tricky lizards can break through a concrete or iron bar fence used for holding even elephants...use an electric fence to keep them controlled. Or sink the exhibit two tiles and use a plexiglas fence; that would give an atractiveness boost.
And the plant-eaters can be kept in reinforced concrete fences, except for the Apatosaurus. It needs an electrified fence...but if you want it to look cool, or to remember the mucus-dinosaur scene in Jurassic Park, low the exhibit two tiles and use a low rock fence, surround it with trees (especially tropical ones) and look the results.

I hope this works for someone.

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
Dd Tips
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 02:37:17 AM »
Full Grown Nessie's are tough! I put 3 electric bar fences and it bashed through every one of them. It had 100% suitability and 100 happiness and it thought it might be a good idea to slam through a kilometre of electric fence.