Author Topic: A long time ago, not so far far away....  (Read 35914 times)

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
A long time ago, not so far far away....
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2006, 08:41:59 PM »
Hi there, James!

Offline Eagle One

• Game Warden
    • http://eagleonenet.com/ztempire/
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2006, 06:35:54 PM »
Wow good to hear from all of you James 24, Frinky, Sideshow Bob cant belive all the old faces poping back in lets keep it going

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2006, 06:44:23 PM »
Quote from: Eagle One;153636
Wow good to hear from all of you James 24, Frinky, Sideshow Bob cant belive all the old faces poping back in lets keep it going

I completely agree with you EagleOne, and we want you to visit more often too! Welcome back to all of our loyal long time members...Frinky and SG--how nice to see you stopping back by! Ya'll need to remember to stop in once in a while, okay? :thumbsup:

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2006, 12:39:08 AM »
So many old members stopping by......Great to see they haven't forgotten about ZA. Frinky glad to hear from you pal, also Mr. Webcrawler and the Eagle.......Welcome back and don't be strangers now......:wub:

Offline Quivaz

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://oneheartlonging.blogspot.com
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2006, 05:45:41 AM »
Hey all!  Wow, It's been good to see some of your names here.  Just to list a few: EagleOne, James24, Spiderghost, Frinkyman, Planetkitty, Sideshow Bob.  Now all I need is Jens to pop in and give his regards. :laughing:

My story? I was young and naaive.  Haha, no, I was 14 and wanted cheats and so I went looking for any site that had them.  I soon came across ZA and stuck around.  I saw the early discussions on this thing called APE and how you could make new things for the game (except only like...1 person (markbell) knew how to make them actually visible in the game).  So, soon after that, I started working on an expansion pack (possibly the first) called SWEP (Star Wars Expansion Pack).  From there I went on to other designing.  You probably know my name best in association with APE 2.5 (a little remix I pulled together).  I got to the point where I knew the ZT code so well that I could just answer questions on the spot about how to hack something or what piece of code did what.  It was borderline ridiculous.  Pixigger and Loewenfrau were my mentors and Casey was my programming counterpart.  I did the designing, and went to him to program it for me.  Over my time here I have been a member, a design team member, a moderator, and wished I could have been an Admin but real life took me in another direction.

Now I am 20, in my 3rd year of college, and I stop in every couple months or so.  So this isn't exactly my BIG homecoming to ZA.  It's good to see all the faces though!

Keep It Up ZA.  Stick around for another 5!

:IloveZA:

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »
Hi Quivaz! Good to see you can pop by!

Offline Quivaz

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2006, 10:47:36 PM »
It's always good to stop in every once in a while!

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2006, 02:57:27 AM »
Hi Everyone :)
Congrats to ZA on a 5th Anniversary. Great to see the site still going strong and everyone still enjoying the ZA community!

Unfortunatley I do not play Zoo Tycoon any more so have had no need to come around but it was brought to my attention by an old ZA friend that there was this thread here and so here I am :)

Maybe I get that Zoo Tycoon 2 out and give it another shot one of these days.. I really do not play that many pc games these days.. mainly just Sims 2 :surprise:

Great to see all the older members popping in to post their congrats and the site is looking great so good job to those responsible.  I have no doubt that ZA will be around for another 5 years or as long as the Zoo tycoon franchise continues on.

I am still in touch with a few of you here, and frinkyman and I have just restarted our canasta passion so maybe see some of you there!! lol

All the best to everyone!

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2006, 03:29:40 AM »
Hi there AK! Long time no see! Yes, I'm still here...

Offline Loewenfrau

• Retired ZT Webmistress
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
  • The Lion Lady
    • The African Lion
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2006, 12:46:21 PM »
I guess it's my turn now :woot:

It's been over 2 years when I left the site but I was never really gone :)
I'm stopping by frequently though I don't play the game myself anymore. My son now is old enough for playing it so the CD's don't get a chance to collect dust :)

It's great to see all the "old guys" post here. But one of the greatest is still missing ! :surprise: Pixigger !!
So, old friend, if you happen to read this drop us a line here.

My congrats to the team to reach the 5 year mark. Just as AK already said I'm sure there's many more years to come.

So keep up the good work.
:IloveZA:

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2006, 12:57:04 PM »
Wow, the legends have returned to say hello! Thank you all for stopping in and letting us now how you are. Even though I don't personally know...well....any of you, lol, I still know that you all layed down the foundation for the best site on the net! Bravo!

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2006, 05:23:50 PM »
Nice to see you, Loewenfrau!

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2006, 05:55:34 AM »
Great to hear that the both of you (AK and Loewenfrau) are doing well. I am happy to see you stopped by and have a look......

You are the two that brought me where I am today, before you approached me I was just another member and look at me now.....!!!!

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2006, 08:07:27 AM »
Yay! It's really great to hear from some of the members who started the whole thing. I may not know you personally, but I'm glad you're doing well and hope to see you again soon :happy:

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2006, 08:14:59 AM »
Aussie Koala!! One of the names we see everywhere as the original starter of most of the Staff Threads! Nice to meet you! Come back and visit more often, AK. And was nice to see you again, Lowenfrau. You were just leaving when I was joining.

Offline Rosinas Cat

• Feline Friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Cool Cat
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2006, 11:27:42 AM »
Nice to se Quivaz, Loewenfrau and the one and only Aussie Koala popping in to say hi. You guys really shouldn't stay away so long, you know....:hammer2: :laughing:

Offline JohnZTMaster

• Zookeeper
    • JohnVMaster's Hideout
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2006, 02:16:15 PM »
If there's one thing about the ZT community I never liked, it's that everybody would dissapear at some time, usually without telling everyone.

I first found ZT in early 2003 when the MM box caught my eye. At first, I was mad that I needed to get ZT first before I could get MM, but either way, I was hooked. I wouln't have gotten off the computer If I wasn't threatened with water in face to wake me up the next morning!

One day I noticed the download stuff, and I decided to try downloading some animals. After a long time, I got some at god-games.com and quickly disocovered the wonderful community! I registered back when everyone was wondering what the third ZT expansion would be. Good times, Good Times. My favorite sites were here and Zookapi. I bought ZTCC and loved it even more than the original, and I frequently downloaded animals.

In 2004, ZT was it's height of popularity. RSN and And 1 were our new and great designers. (I still wish they hadn't dissapeared.) and everyone was going great until it happened...Microsoft made both the BEST and WORST thing ever to happen to Zoo Tycoon - ZOO TYCOON 2!!!

As I remember, everybody started leaving the site saying they didn't like ZT2. It was like being deserted. RSN was gone, Zookapi closed down and I still couldn't find a site that wasn't shutting down besides ZA! But at the same time, this was revolutionary. We started getting many new members.

I kinda dissapeared for a little bit, but returned when I discovered people were making ZT2 user-content. I was dazzled and kept trying - but to no avail - to make ZT2 content, but I wouldn't succeed.

In 2006, I started a site for ZT2 and BF2 called "JohnVMaster's Hideout". It was an intresting site, and me and Tinyliljawa chatted there regularly.

So, I befriended Zebu (offline) and thanks to me, he got hooked on ZT as well. ZA is a great site, and DESERVES MORE THAN ANOTHER 5 YEARS!!!

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2006, 12:40:25 AM »
Aussie Koala! EagleOne! OMG, the ZA leaders are returning!

But where's Pixigger? I have been to his site alot of times, but never 'met' him.

I've never really 'met' any of you guys - I only joined back in '05. Just like kiwibuddy, my first post was in 'Wild-Life Park 2!!' and I first saw a dinosaur! :woot:

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2006, 11:40:39 AM »
WOW!  Eagle One, Aussie Koala, Loewenfrau, James, Quivaz, JohnZTMaster, Frinkyman, Spiderghost, Sideshow Bob, and anyone I might have missed.  Thank you ALL for coming back around and taking the time to say hello.  Every last one of you were integral to the founding and success of this site.  There is a quote I am quite fond of that I think applies here.  There are many versions and variations of this quote, but this one is my favorite.  I certainly think it applies here:

"We are like dwarfs sitting on the shoulders of giants. We see more, and things that are more distant, than they did, not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they, but because they raise us up, and by their great stature add to ours."

Thank you all for all of your efforts.  I hope you will continue to visit us as often as you like.  You're always welcome here.

Offline Thoth

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.thwhack.com
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2006, 08:29:23 PM »
Well, seeing as everyone is popping back in, I might as well.
Now to see if anyone remembers me. : :P :

I joined - oh, January 24th, 2004. I haven't been active here in, err, a long time. I joined mainly because of my friend, known here as Boris. All of our old posts are gone (they were in one of the original forms of Random Insanity), which is probably a good thing.
Don't play any ZT any more (I never played much to begin with...), but I still pop over once in a while to see if this site is still alive.
Anyways, seen a few familiar names, and a lot of new ones in this topic. So I've just got to ask - anyone remember me, Boris (or even my sister - I think her name here was CuddlyKitten)?

Cheers,

~Thoth

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2006, 09:34:20 PM »
I remember all three of you Thoth...and it's very nice of you to stop by and let us know you still visit! :thumbsup:  The names and faces may have changed a bit, but our site is still going strong thanks to all of our wonderful members.

AK, LF, JZTM, Quivas, Mngwa....some many of our past leaders, designers and webmasters (and webmistresses)...now how wonderful is all of this??!! :party5: Like Tex said, our site has accomplished so much because of the great loving start all of you gave it. You put in so much of your heart and time here, and we who are now on Staff are working hard to keep the ideals and principles you set forth going, with top quality user created downloads, informative forums and above all else, a friendly place for all ZT lovers of all ages to visit freely!! Thank you all so very much! :sign_than :nice:

Offline Quivaz

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2006, 04:17:39 PM »
It's good to pop in every once in a while.  I even get the urge to make something or learn how to make things for ZT2.  Then I remember that I don't do that kind of thing anymore... :)

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2006, 04:42:27 PM »
It's good to pop in every once in a while. I even get the urge to make something or learn how to make things for ZT2. Then I remember that I don't do that kind of thing anymore... :)

so start anew! Don't stop because of that! Try!

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2006, 06:01:46 PM »
Wow I never thought Id see all of these old faces around again!  AK, lowenfrau, Quivaz, Spidey, and many more.  Its so great to see all of you again!  I really miss all of you.  You helped me a lot when I first joined ZA!  I really miss Frinkyman and his 'arguements' with spidey and Tex!  You three were the real comedians around here!

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2006, 12:40:23 AM »
Quote from: Quivaz;157649
It's good to pop in every once in a while.  I even get the urge to make something or learn how to make things for ZT2.  Then I remember that I don't do that kind of thing anymore... :)

If you really want to, go ahead, if you don't don't. Don't go and hold yourself back!