Author Topic: A long time ago, not so far far away....  (Read 33575 times)

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
A long time ago, not so far far away....
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2006, 08:59:04 AM »
Thanks to those that greeted us and remembered us with such warm  regards -I dont think Loewenfrau will mind me commenting on her behalf as well- the two of us became an inseperable team here and are still the greatest of friends. That is the one of the best bonuses about this forum is the friends you make- and I know the ones I have kept will stay with me as long as my internet connection allows its lol.

Since this is a memory thread, i would also like to throw in the memories of some really great Zoo Tycoon creative people. One that comes to mind who was a really great friend of mine and also contributor to this site - is the Frogman.  Froggy if you still around we miss you!! Frogman taught me how to make objects for ZT and with Casey's (Casey - who did so much for ZA- he needs his own thread)  guidance how to rotation fix them which led me to make my tutorials for others.   We were lucky enough to have great people like Mark Bell create the rotation fix program and creating objects so much easier.

I agree with Loewenfrau that Pixigger needs a big hand here- he was a pioneer with the programming of Zoo Tycoon not to mention just a great person to know!

So I guess this post is for memory of Pixigger, Casey, Mark Bell and Frogman- all of them made improvements to our zoo tycoon game .Thank you guys!!

Offline pepe_starr

• Affiliates
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • ZTG Admin
    • Zoo Tycoon Gold
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2006, 09:28:26 AM »
Nice to see some of the older faces here. You guys are such a big influence on how the site is now and the present members have alot to thank you for. Thank you! I think I remember speaking to you once AK, but maybe it's just me!

Offline Necrotizing Spectre

• Scientist
    • http://www.freewebs.com/mixmasternecro/
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2006, 09:33:48 AM »
Memory lane, hm? Well let me tell you a tale of old, a tale of... me? o.o

I joined 3 years ago, on my birthday I believe. My sister got me into Zoo Tycoon and I stumbled across ZA when looking for downloads. I met some very awesome people. Firehawke, Xtreme, Ouch, Jeox, Save the Mop, flamethrower, and, of course, Aussie Koala, Loewenfrau, Quivaz, and those other people.

Then I noticed something that Xtreme did that I thought was pretty nifty; mixed exhibits. I practiced with these and eventually, I got pretty good at it. I opened Mix Master's Lab, a site dedicated to mixed exhibits. At first it started off pretty slow. Then... I don't remember how, but hits shot through the roof. People loved it. And then... I disappeared off the face of ZA. School did me in. Now I'm back because I missed the awesome people here, to find many of my friends from the past are now mods. But with promotions come demotions. I was sad to see Aussie Koala no longer in charge.

If there's one person that stands out in my mind, it's LadyZookeeperNY. I don't think I've ever heard a discouraging word from her. Firehawke and Xtreme also had the same attitude, which I commend all three for because even I don't have the patience they do.

Now I'm older and wiser. I havent matured much, but hey, that's optional, right?

- <3 Necrotizing Spectre

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2006, 05:40:10 PM »
Wow, it is so great hearing form all these people!  I feel so... young now... like a total newbie.

Offline JohnZTMaster

• Zookeeper
    • JohnVMaster's Hideout
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2006, 07:36:22 PM »
Same here germanwolf. Heck, whenever I read about the old days, it's like thinking about when you were a baby. It's great to see the original site builders, but it's almost sad yet so cool that this site has changed so very much in as little as five years.

Offline Budgielover101

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2006, 07:59:15 PM »
It's great to see all the original site founders and members coming back to see how the sites going and to say hi! It's nice to meet you all!
Even though I feel really new lol

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2006, 08:29:50 PM »
I enjoyed reading posts from the 'old' members. It brings back a lot of memories.  I have enjoyed my time at ZA.  

The designing and programming was a lot of fun.  I enjoyed working with Quivaz, James, Mngwa, Frogman, Aussie Koala, Iriri, planetkitty, zooey, and eagle one. I am sure that I still missed a few names, sorry about that.  I enjoyed working on the projects.  Most of all, I enjoyed the screenshots from the members, who used the downloads in their zoos.

I am amazed that there are so many new members.  Great that the game is still so popular.  Keep ZA exciting, and I will keep visiting.

Offline Rosinas Cat

• Feline Friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Cool Cat
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2006, 11:36:59 PM »
Hi casey! : :) : Nice to meet you. I don't think you were here very much by time I joined. And yes, the site is still really popular. And the game! MM2 is proving very popular :flipper:

Please keep visiting us!: :) :

Offline Eagle One

• Game Warden
    • http://eagleonenet.com/ztempire/
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2006, 04:07:14 AM »
Aussie Koala, Loewenfrau, Casey, and Quivaz  nice to see your all stop in.   Good to here from you Aussie Koala and Loewenfrau i miss you both.  If it wasnt for them Helping out and eventally becoming Admins in the benging i would of had been a wreck.   I also cant froget everything frogman and Casey did for the site either they revolutionized design for the game along with Mark Bell has anybody heard from Him?

Thanks again and AK and Loewenfrau PM me for my curent email address  I would like to chat with you again

thanks
Eagle One

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
    • http://
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2006, 12:05:39 PM »
I joined January 26, 2004..during the time of AK and Lowenfrau, but I was lurking way before that- back in Eagle One's time! I have seen the site go through many changes, and it is only getting better. :thumbsup:

It's great to see all your former staff members stopping in- it was you guys that shaped ZA and made it, and I feel confident in saying this, the BEST Zoo Tycoon fansite on the web.

Offline fern

• Zookeeper
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2006, 03:20:32 AM »
It would be nice to hear from Mark Bell. I love his Markhor for doing rotation work but it needs updating and I would love to discuss that with him. I remember seeing his name a lot in the past a several websites.
Another name I haven't seen is Devona. Has she been in?

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2006, 01:15:24 PM »
I miss ZA's old layout.... With the giraffe logo...

Offline Jormund The Jarl

• Zookeeper
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2006, 09:46:34 PM »
Quote from: germanwolf;158308
Wow, it is so great hearing form all these people!  I feel so... young now... like a total newbie.

Yeah... even though I've been around for nearly one year .. and I'm "older" than some people with 1000+ posts .. I'm still a heck of a newbie. (:

I remember those good ol' days last December .. when I was at 400 posts.. but now for no apparent reason I only have 100 something. Nice to see how much ZA has developed in one year.

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2006, 10:11:03 PM »
Post counts were lost during the forum update. I could give them back to you though.

Offline Jormund The Jarl

• Zookeeper
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2006, 11:27:13 PM »
OOOH

thank you SOO much Penguino!!

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2006, 06:40:54 AM »
Hi Fern, thanks for reminding everyone about Devona. She was certainly one of the pioneers of the game with all those animals she made for us.
Last I saw of her she had a Sims 2 website and making clothes for our Sims game so maybe she has moved on from ZT also.  

She was very active at ZooKeepers Lounge so maybe someone there might know!

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2006, 02:07:26 PM »
Oh! Yes, Devona I remember! All those neat DLs!

Offline JohnZTMaster

• Zookeeper
    • JohnVMaster's Hideout
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2006, 05:45:06 PM »
Ah, good times, good times.

Anyone else remember back when ZT2 was first out, and when Martin1990 and SilesianTomcat started the ZT2 editing revolution.

Whatever did happen to Martin1990 anyway?

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2006, 06:39:08 PM »
well martin i think is still around.... i will find out

not on this site though

yeah.... its too bad zookeepers lounge isnt really prosperous any more.... there downloads were the only ones i could make work lol

and hey aussie koala was here.... cool:woot:

Offline JohnZTMaster

• Zookeeper
    • JohnVMaster's Hideout
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2007, 05:56:58 PM »
You know I remember the first time I logged onto ZA, maybe before I registered, but I remember it was before CC came out. Is anybody left from that era?

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2007, 06:18:14 PM »
I am. :lolol:

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2007, 07:13:20 AM »
so am I

sorta

wasnt a mamber then but knew about the site

Offline JohnZTMaster

• Zookeeper
    • JohnVMaster's Hideout
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2007, 07:43:24 PM »
Say, a lot of people have dissapeared just in the past year or two:

Martin1990
RightEyElash
RSN
Gibbon-fanatic
Tasmanian_Tiger

Anybody know what happened to these guys? Except Martin, I've asked around a few guys, and he's gone. I even checked his "new" site for the US + UK, but the navigation wasn't working. No downloads :(

RSN, I last heard from in early 06 or sometime in 05, saying that they were still working on fixing the RSN CC to be bug-free. I personally never had any bugs with it.

The others: No idea.

I miss the old ZA. I used to know everybody, but then ZA stopped working on my comp, and then when I was finally able to return. Duh duh dun. Everyone's gone. I'm all alone....

But now I've made new friends and come to terms that half the people I used to know here are long gone.

Offline Raptor Llama

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/raptor-llama
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2007, 06:50:52 AM »
Quote from: Quivaz;155284
Hey all!  Wow, It's been good to see some of your names here.  Just to list a few: EagleOne, James24, Spiderghost, Frinkyman, Planetkitty, Sideshow Bob.  Now all I need is Jens to pop in and give his regards. :laughing:

My story? I was young and naaive.  Haha, no, I was 14 and wanted cheats and so I went looking for any site that had them.  I soon came across ZA and stuck around.  I saw the early discussions on this thing called APE and how you could make new things for the game (except only like...1 person (markbell) knew how to make them actually visible in the game).  So, soon after that, I started working on an expansion pack (possibly the first) called SWEP (Star Wars Expansion Pack).  From there I went on to other designing.  You probably know my name best in association with APE 2.5 (a little remix I pulled together).  I got to the point where I knew the ZT code so well that I could just answer questions on the spot about how to hack something or what piece of code did what.  It was borderline ridiculous.  Pixigger and Loewenfrau were my mentors and Casey was my programming counterpart.  I did the designing, and went to him to program it for me.  Over my time here I have been a member, a design team member, a moderator, and wished I could have been an Admin but real life took me in another direction.

Now I am 20, in my 3rd year of college, and I stop in every couple months or so.  So this isn't exactly my BIG homecoming to ZA.  It's good to see all the faces though!

Keep It Up ZA.  Stick around for another 5!

:IloveZA:

I loved your star wars expension pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even made a zoo using all the animals in it plus a bantha!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: :) :

Offline Somedude

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2007, 07:39:19 PM »
[QUOTEI miss the old ZA. I used to know everybody, but then ZA stopped working on my comp, and then when I was finally able to return. Duh duh dun. Everyone's gone. I'm all alone....

But now I've made new friends and come to terms that half the people I used to know here are long gone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i agree i joined so long ago but than just stopped cause...well i dont know...anyways i moved on to another forum that revolves around star wars...