Author Topic: Downloading  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Mrs. W

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Downloading
« on: January 02, 2006, 08:42:55 AM »
I was soooo excited to find this site and was overwhelmed by the possibilities of enhancing my gameplaying ability however, I have no idea how to apply downloaded items from this site into my game!!!!!
My computer tells me that I cannot open zip. files because I don't have permission, so I save the zips. on my documents... after that I am lost... what do I do??
ANYONE with minimum know how on this please reach out!!! When it comes to basic operations of my Dell I am good... but I am lost when it comes to the downloading of files. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Downloading
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 09:23:31 AM »
No probs, Mrs. W! Here are the instructions below. But, make sure and go over to Introductions to "meet the gang" afterward, since this is your first post. You'll find a lot of great freinds and lots of help here! Nice to meet you, by the way!

All of us have had that problem when we began, and the solution (which just applies to ZT2 and ZT2 ES)is:

1) after unzipping the file (you will need WinZip or WinRar) the files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
2) inside that folder, you'll see another folder, created by the MAKER (e.g. exitree, penguinman, martin1990)
3) inside THAT folder will be yet ANOTHER folder (e.g. arctic fox), plus a .dl file also called arctic fox
4) cut the zoo tycoon 2 file (inside that 2nd folder) and paste it next to the arctic fox .dl file
6) Now you have two files side by side, both named arctic fox
5) then, take both THOSE files (artic fox.dl and arctic fox.zoo tycoon 2) and CUT and PASTE them into
6) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
7) This virtually always makes your download show in the game.

Some computers are configured differently, and some won't 'recognize' those individual folders. Mine, for instance, won't. I always have to do the above to get my downloads to work. Hope that helps! :happy

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Downloading
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 03:02:55 PM »
While the above may work for ZT 2 it will not for ZT 1 when asking these sort of questions please state the game version your question refers to. This way we can give you a more informative answer.

Offline Monky D. Luffy

• Pooper Scooper
Downloading
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 05:21:06 PM »
Originally posted by csleesburg@Jan 2 2006, 11:23 AM
No probs, Mrs. W! Here are the instructions below. But, make sure and go over to Introductions to "meet the gang" afterward, since this is your first post. You'll find a lot of great freinds and lots of help here! Nice to meet you, by the way!

All of us have had that problem when we began, and the solution (which just applies to ZT2 and ZT2 ES)is:

1) after unzipping the file (you will need WinZip or WinRar) the files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
2) inside that folder, you'll see another folder, created by the MAKER (e.g. exitree, penguinman, martin1990)
3) inside THAT folder will be yet ANOTHER folder (e.g. arctic fox), plus a .dl file also called arctic fox
4) cut the zoo tycoon 2 file (inside that 2nd folder) and paste it next to the arctic fox .dl file
6) Now you have two files side by side, both named arctic fox
5) then, take both THOSE files (artic fox.dl and arctic fox.zoo tycoon 2) and CUT and PASTE them into
6) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
7) This virtually always makes your download show in the game.

Some computers are configured differently, and some won't 'recognize' those individual folders. Mine, for instance, won't. I always have to do the above to get my downloads to work. Hope that helps! :happy
no 1 gave me a greeting...plz read my post in the downloading help thing....PPPLLLLZZZ

Offline Monky D. Luffy

• Pooper Scooper
Downloading
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 06:12:12 PM »
Originally posted by Monky D. Luffy+Mar 10 2006, 07:21 PM-->
QUOTE (Monky D. Luffy @ Mar 10 2006, 07:21 PM)
\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
<' + '/div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t