Author Topic: I Need Your Expert Opinion  (Read 1501 times)

Offline wi_hunter

• Pooper Scooper
I Need Your Expert Opinion
« on: March 12, 2006, 06:12:48 AM »
Hello fellow zoo ppl,

I have been playing ZT1 for quite awhile but am new to these downloads! They are awesome. However, I am having some troubles with a  few of the downloads. Specifically, the IMAX and the ZA Admin Building. I have them installed but when I try to place them in the game it gives me a black screen and shuts down.

Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 09:50:51 AM »
Howdy, wi_hunter! I don't have ZT1, but I can answer your question, I think. :lol

I do know there are two topics found here and found here, plus an entire section on them, found here.

If you check those out, you'll probably find the answers to your questions. If not, feel free to post again. And, since you're a 'newbie', go on over to Introductions and meet all the other ZT fans! See you there (help yourself to a cookie). :happy

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 10:17:35 AM »
OK first off what version of the game do you have. Just ZT or ZT + DD + MM + ES or do you have ZTCC.

I can't say much about the Imax, but I created the ZA Admin Building and have no troubles with it in my Zoos at all. I have ZTCC and that may be the reason. Some things created by people using ZTCC will not work in other versions of the game and can cause the game to crash due to incompatability with the earlier versions of the game.

Make sure all the files have been installed in the proper folders. If you are using the combined dll files from our downloads do not use the dll file included with the file. This could be causing your crashes as the 2 dll files will conflict with one another.

Also how many downloads do you have installed. ZT has limits as to how many files it can handle.

Dll files = total of 63 including any MS has included in game

ZTD Files = 360 including any MS has included for the game

If you know you have exceeded these limits first make a backup copy somewhere on your system of your zoo.ini file located in the main ZT folder. Also backup your saved games, screenshot and dlupdates or updates folders depending on your game version.
After the backups are complete and you have saved all these folders and files in a safe place away from the ZT directory (preferably on your desktop for easy location later). Uninstall ZT and download and install the ZT regisrty Cleaner in the Utilities section of our downloads HERE. Run the registry cleaner to erase all traces of ZT from your system registry and reboot the system. Now reinstall the game and run it to be sure everthing works the way it is supposed to. Now install the combined dll files below

langZA01.dll HERE

langZA02.dll HERE

LangZA03.dll HERE

With these files now installed in the main ZT Folder - C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Zoo Tycoon

Install just the ZTD files for the Imax and the ZA Admin Bldg into the dlupdates folder or updates folder of your game located in C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Zoo Tycoon/dlupdates for ZT + MM or ZTCC or updates for ZT and ZT+DD. Start the game and see if everything works. If everthing is fine slowly add the other downloads form the saved backup folder 1 or 2 at a time. You may have had a download installed that conflicted with both of these downloads and this yes long and tedious is the best way to find one if that is the case.

Important Note: - to install the files of course use winzip or other program to extract the files first and then use copy and paste to install the downloads. Do Not use the check locally feature in game as it adds unnecessary files.