Author Topic: Down Load Is Ruining My Game!  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Liger22

• Pooper Scooper
Down Load Is Ruining My Game!
« on: April 14, 2006, 08:28:37 AM »
Usually i download a file by downloading it from ogres net and when its in a temporary folder i just extract it to my desktop then start my zoo tycoon complete collection go to get new zoo items and then i go to download locally and download the file from my desktop.Anyway this has always worked for me but today i downloaded both of the easy animals hacks and my game seems to be brokin.The animals cant be pleased!Is it because when i download the dino digs easy animal download it ruined my complete collection?Please help! :(

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 09:15:18 AM »
what you will find is that 2 hacks doing the same job will overwrite each other.  all you need to do is to remove the hacks from your updates or dlupdates folder and then only put one hack for the animals in.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 09:40:19 AM »
Also when installing downloads into ZT 1  Do Not use the ingame check locally feature this causes unnecessary files to be installed that when you want to remove downloads are difficult to locate.

Once you have the files extracted to the temporary folder you have open that folder highlight the file you want to install by clicking on it. If you have mere then 1 ztd file you want to install at the same time hold down the Ctrl key and click on all the ZTd files you want to install. With all the files highlighted go to Edit/Copy. now navigate to the dlupdates folder in the Zoo Tycoon directory and open it, now click Edit/Paste.

Always install your downloads manually.