Author Topic: Graphical Error With Guests and Animals After installing AA  (Read 10275 times)

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Graphical Error With Guests and Animals After installing AA
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2006, 10:15:28 AM »
Just something I noticed after doing a fresh install of ZT 2 and the 2 expansions.

I don't have the naked guest and animal problems you are seeing.

When i did the install i first installed ZT 2 then installed ES then installed AA ran the game and looked for these problems with settings on high and med i did not see anything like this.

NOTE

When you have ES you do not need to install the patch for ZT 2 as the patch is covered in ES so when you install ES your ZT 2 gets patched. Then continue with AA.

I have a Gforce 6200 OC video card with 256mb ram on a Pentium 4 1.8 gig processor with only 512mb system ram.

as said above I have not yet experienced any problems.

It may not help and is an inconvenience I know but save your saved game folder and any downloads you have installed to a safe place on your system uninstall ZT 2 and expansions and then do a fresh install - don't install the patch after installing ZT 2 but continue on with ES and then AA. Before restoring your saved games and your downloads run the game and see if you are still having the same naked guest and white animal issues. Then add only the official downloads and test again. Then add just a couple user downloads at a time testing after each small addition to see if the video problem occurs. If it does make a note of the when the problem occurs and what downloads you added when the problem occurs. This may help to narrow down a cause for the problem.

This may not be a solution and I am no programing expert but have found over the years that code is code and the slightest typo or something in the wrong place can sometimes conflict so even though 3D is a lot different this is one way to try and see if the problem may be a downloads conflict similar to the ones we experienced with ZT 1 user content. Or at least give the Blue Fang guys another area to look at regarding any conflict that may be occuring to cause the problems you are experiencing.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 10:23:28 AM by Yellowrose »

Offline panda11

• Marine Biologist
    • http://www.frontiernet.net/~TrentonV/
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2006, 03:50:01 PM »
this is just a problem for some people right? :huh:  Not everyone has it? cause I don't. :mellow:

Offline Diablo0825

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2006, 07:00:50 PM »
The patch is out, I'll let you know.

Offline Diablo0825

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2006, 07:31:17 PM »
Fantastic!!  Thanks BF and MS!!!

Please do not Double Post.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 10:59:34 PM by csleesburg »

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
    • http://
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2006, 10:34:42 PM »
Thanks for letting us know. 35 minutes! :shocked: It'll be worth it though.

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2006, 06:39:07 AM »
Ok, well, patch is installed. Does anyone know if you need to uninstall ES and AA first? :ermm: Because it says 'installing ZT2' when the patch is installing.

Offline Diablo0825

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2006, 07:59:25 AM »
I didn't uninstall anything and my zoos are back to normal.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2006, 10:47:45 AM »
Me, too. Patch worked fine.

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2006, 10:30:26 PM »
Well I tried to install the patch too.  I wasn't having the Nvidia problem, but who wouldn't want improved performance?

It started to install the patch, but it failed...giving me the SAME message I got when I first tried to install AA: "ZT2 is not installed."  I scrutinized my disc, but it doesn't have the Ubisoft logo on it, so that shouldn't be the problem.

No way am I uninstalling and reinstalling everything just for the patch.  Luckily I am not having the extreme graphical problems some of you had, but I have a bad feeling that when MM comes out I'm going to have to do this again, if even the patch won't that recognize ZT2 is installed!

My question for everyone here is: has this happened to anyone else?

My question for BF is: What is the installer checking and not finding when it's giving me that message?  Is it a registry entry, the start menu shotcut (which I did move because I clean up my start menu), or possibly a file that I could restore from the CD?  It would be nice to install the patch, although obviously I can live without it, but I am REALLY not going to be a happy camper if I have to reinstall everything for MM...and DD.  :ermm:

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2006, 11:10:38 PM »
Well, personally, I'd put that in the Q. for BF if I were you. Steve does read them. I installed the patch with no problems whatsoever, although, like you, I wasn't having any problems.

Offline icepengwyn

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2006, 11:10:38 PM »
I have the Nvidia GeForce mx4 - the AA version looks & works fine as long as I run a small to medium-size zoo. I finally got around to completing the Panda scenario - and it ran slow and spat me out. After updating the driver (no problem there) - it spat me out more often! Mostly when I was moving the screen to another area of the zoo.

No nekked people, but I do occasionally get a white square.

I went to the ZT site to install the new patch. Their web-site says "double-click zoopatch.exe" - the file that is saved is setup.exe - is this still the correct file?

After running the above patch - I still get v22.03.00.0012, not v22.03.00.0013. Any ideas? I see no Ubisoft logo anywhere, so that should not be a problem.

thanks

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2006, 11:36:55 PM »
Good idea...I went and did just that!  : :) :

@icepengwyn: Setup.exe is the correct file.  But I can't tell you about the version since the patch didn't install for me.  Someone else can maybe help you though.

Offline Roaming Tigress

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2006, 01:05:07 PM »
The patch has worked wonders. I don't have to mess around with the settings, and I don't get naked guests anymore! Thank you so much, Steve (and the rest of the BF crew) for helping us out.

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
I just installed the patch and it will not let me open one of my zoos that I have worked on forever :crying: It just cut the game off!!  It opened a different zoo fine.  It did give me a notice at the beginning; could this have something to do with it?  It says "Your graphics driver may be too old to run Zoo Tycoon 2.  Please contact your graphics card dealer for an updated driver."

Offline gracejr83

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2006, 07:20:43 PM »
I'm having the same issue with the serial number still showing 0.0012 instead of 13.  I'm not sure what the issue is though, but hopefully it's easily fixed.

Offline BF_SteveW

• Blue Fang Community Representative
  • Zoo Admin V.I.P
  • Pooper Scooper
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2006, 07:55:06 AM »
Quote from: Red Panda Twins
I just installed the patch and it will not let me open one of my zoos that I have worked on forever :crying: It just cut the game off!!  It opened a different zoo fine.  It did give me a notice at the beginning; could this have something to do with it?  It says "Your graphics driver may be too old to run Zoo Tycoon 2.  Please contact your graphics card dealer for an updated driver."

You need to go to the website for your graphics card manufacturer and download the latest driver to insure the game will work properly.

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2006, 08:05:18 AM »
Well I had a very hard time getting the patch to download but I finally installed it, and it majorly improves the game performance.  Before my comp was laggy at medium settings but now it runs fine at max high settings.

Offline gracejr83

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2006, 02:04:21 PM »
Sheltie, what was the issue you were having with downloading the patch, and how'd you get it to work?  Was it just the download, or was it not installing right?

I downloaded and installed it fine, but, it's not being recognized (still has old serial number).  I was hoping someone would know what the issue is, but nobody has answered yet about it.  *sigh*  I tried re-installing the patch, but, when I went to do that, it un-installed the entire game!

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2006, 02:48:14 PM »
Quote from: BF_SteveW
You need to go to the website for your graphics card manufacturer and download the latest driver to insure the game will work properly.

Thanks, I'll try it tonight.

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2006, 03:57:19 PM »
@ Gracejr83 well according to your post you have the same problem I did were the patch first wouldn't show up and then uninstalls the game. As far as I can tell what you need to do is reinstall the entire game and then try installing the patch again (this worked for me anyways).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 04:00:03 PM by sheltiefan »

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2006, 06:24:38 PM »
My version still shows up at .0012 as well, but my graphics issue was fixed.

Offline gracejr83

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2006, 07:30:52 PM »
Sheltie, thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately, I've now uninstalled and reinstalled twice, but it's still showing the old version number.

I wasn't having major issues before with the game, but it'd be nice to know that the patch is in and working correctly, KWIM?

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2006, 07:33:17 PM »
Hmm... perhapes you should consider emailing BF about this problem since it seems to be very common.

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2006, 07:27:03 AM »
Steve posted that the patch has been updated and this issue resolved. Also, there is another topic created for the patch, so from now on post anything regarding the patch in that thread.

http://zoo.ogresnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3977

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2006, 06:45:48 PM »
Quote from: BF_SteveW

I tried!!!!!  Our computer cannot use another graphics card.  It will not update!!  My most complex zoo still cuts off every other time I play the game:crying: .  Is there other way?