Author Topic: disappearing animal  (Read 1354 times)

Offline mslilypond

• Pooper Scooper
disappearing animal
« on: July 20, 2006, 11:37:14 AM »
I couldn't find this issue when I searched the archives...
First I haven't downloaded any user made animals or objects, nor do I create my own.
I have the main game and both ES & AA exp. packs.

now the issue:  I bought an animal, put it into an exhibit, then was told that there wasn't enough space so I immediately added more space to the exhibit.
I went to check something else then went to find said animal and it wasn't listed in
the list of animals that the zoo owns.  So I went to the exhibit, no animal, but when I clicked on the  announcement that read that the animal didn't have enough space, it zoomed to the animal-less exhibit.  the animal by the way was a Javan rhino.

has this happened to anyone else?  Is it a known issue that I somehow missed and wasn't fixed with the patch?

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
disappearing animal
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 12:01:54 PM »
I don't think it's anything user-made. I had a moose disappear on me once. (And I don't download user-made stuff.) I just reloaded my game and it was back. Just a random little bug that makes its way into the game I guess. :huh: :ermm:

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
disappearing animal
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:20:28 PM »
Yes it also happened to me many times with polar bears and african elephants.  The animals reappeared a short time later.  It is a bug in the game.

Offline Croc1

• Pooper Scooper
disappearing animal
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 12:31:45 PM »
it got my moose too

Offline Littlemog

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
disappearing animal
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 02:19:11 AM »
If you've got a shelter on the edge of the zoo wall, it's likely you've been hit by the "exit out of back of shelter even if there's a fence in the way" bug.

With a normal fence, the animal just ends up outside the exhibit, but it seems if an animal goes out of bounds then it just disappears.

If that's not the case with your shelter, then I don't know. (But building your shelters 1 away from fences/walls in future is a good idea to avoid said bug if it DOES ever happen.)

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
disappearing animal
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 11:09:18 PM »
I've had this happen twice. Both times the animal became stuck between a cliff and the zoo wall and got out before running away and disappearing. It also happens with shelters (as previously mentioned). However my animals have never come back.