Author Topic: Guests Stuck at Entrance...  (Read 4389 times)

Offline Crystallyne

• Pooper Scooper
Guests Stuck at Entrance...
« on: August 21, 2006, 05:40:16 AM »
I am having a problem with my guests getting stuck at the entrance, not even entering the park.  They aren't moving at all from the spot where they first appear on the edge of the map, and eventually a crowd will form, all getting angry because they need the bathroom, need to sit down, are getting hungry, etc.  Stupid people, it's not my fault if they're shoes are glued to the pavement!!

I don't have any of the expansions, I haven't added anything to the game besides what you get from the download section directly from Blue Fang.  My entrance is completely clear, guests can leave just fine, and a very are few will actually start moving and enter the park like normal.

I found another post about someone else having this problem here in this forum, but there weren't really any responses to it that helped me.  I have not tried a new game to see if this problem happens in all my games or if this one just got bugged.  I'm playing a Challenge game (I think that's what it's called, not where you are given a specific scenario right from the start).

I'm really hoping someone might know some kind of solution to this problem.  This is the first park I've had success with, and I've gotten a lot accomplished with it so far.  Having spent several hours on it, I really don't want to abandon it if I can at all help it.

And looky!!  I have pictures to show the problem!!  See them at http://www.crystallyne.net/temp/zt2/album.html.

So, has anyone else had this problem?  Has anyone possibly found a solution?

Also, I first noticed the problem when I got a challenge that involved the exchange of animals, and the ones I was given were placed in crates RIGHT in front of the opening of my entrance, so people couldn't get in.  I quickly moved them, but it was after that I started to have this problem.  I have no idea if it's related or not.

And one final mention...  I did try to open my park and then close it again.  And closed the game and reopened it.  Restarted my computer.  None of those ideas helped.

EDIT:  Forgot to mention, in regards to the 2nd picture showing the people standing around inside the gates not moving, I had just moved them all inside the gate and a bunch continued to just stand there.  But it seemed like after awhile they finally moved.  They just took a long time to figure out what they wanted to do.

When they gather like that I can move them inside the gates and they will finally move and begin their visit, unless they've been there awhile and are so angry they turn right back around and leave.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 05:44:01 AM by Crystallyne »

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:00:17 AM »
That's weird.   And they're not even inside the park to be doing this.  Hmmmm, does this happen everytime you play the game or just once in a while?

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 07:41:35 AM »
Unfortunately I think the only solution is to start a new challenge zoo.  People have had this problem before, and it seems to happen more often after people accept certain challenges (such as one having to do with a cheesecake cart and some having to do with exchanging animals, I believe).  As far as I know, no solution has been found unless you have a saved game that you can revert to that has the zoo before you accepted the challenge.  : :( :

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 08:10:11 AM »
Maybe you could try picking up the people and putting them inside your zoo.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 08:20:18 AM »
I remember having this problem once. But it wasn't an actual zoo that I was making. I tried putting the mob in the zoo but more guests just gathered and stood there. So, I don't know what happened. I guess it's a bug. :mellow:

Offline Supercrochunter 2.0

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 10:48:01 AM »
Quote from: Animalover44
Maybe you could try picking up the people and putting them inside your zoo.

That is what I did. It happened when I was playing the Javan Rhino scenario, but it cleared up after I got rid of the mod.

Offline tycoon start

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 03:53:45 PM »
It usually happens when the entrance road is replaced . Thats what happened to me

Offline Crystallyne

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 04:32:41 PM »
Thanks for the response.  I did mention in my post that I did pick them up and move them inside.  But they still would gather outside.  I replaced the path before I ever opened the zoo, and didn't have any problems for more then a year.  But I will try to replace the path again and see if it changes anything.

I guess I will consider this game perma-bugged and try a new one.  I'll save my game after I complete each challenge, and watch out for people getting stuck again.  My computer can get really laggy sometimes running the game, so it can take several minutes to save my game.

Thanks for all the responses and assistance.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 04:50:49 PM »
This is strange, maybe it is a glitch in your game, as you seem to have other problems ( like the beaver hat ) that none of us have. :huh:

PS: that is a cool entrance gate! For which map is it? I've never seen it before.

I agree, but it's not this member with the beaver hat problem, it's wiltaz. And, yah, where did you get that entrance?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 05:42:58 PM by csleesburg »

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 06:22:58 PM »
That IS a cool entrance!

The only times I had that problem, I had replaced the path way at the very beginning (just as the game had loaded - I stopped and paused it before the beginning 1/2 star had finished coming up in the game) - I found that I just needed to wait until the game had fully loaded before making changes.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 07:51:06 PM »
And, yah, where did you get that entrance?
It's the entrance you get when your zoo hits 5 stars. :original:

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 07:53:52 PM »
This may be off-topic, and I am sorry, I just want to know about the gate. Does the gate only turn that way in challenge games, or also in freeform?

@crystallyne, does this happen every time you play zo tycoon 2, or just this once or somestimes?

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 07:56:36 PM »
It changes in freeform, challenge, and scenario. Now back on topic, eh? :laughing:

Offline Crystallyne

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 08:49:44 PM »
So far I have only seen people getting stuck outside the entrance on one game.  However, it was the first game I had played into the 2nd year.  I just got the game a couple weeks ago, and it's taken me awhile to get the hang of making a park where the guests aren't screaming at me for things.

I've just started my 2nd game, and so far so good, but I haven't even reached the 2nd year yet.  I'm crossing my fingers that the problem doesn't re-occur.

And yes, as someone pointed out, I am not the one with the beaver hat problem.  heheh  I just made my own remark on that thread, joking a bit about it.

And again, yes, as someone else pointed out, the zoo gate is what you get with a 5 star zoo.  I got that playing a zoo in challenge mode, and it's probably the same gate you would get with a 5 star zoo in the scenario or freeform mode.

Back onto the topic at hand...  heheheh  If I see the problem of people getting stuck outside again, I think I'll reinstall the game.  But so far, so good.

Offline dragon_rider05

• Zookeeper
  • Wolves;You've gotta love 'em!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 07:38:17 AM »
I had the same problem as soon as i read this!.....creepy....
anyway, I had the problem when I opened the zoo in year 2, and all the guest said "looking for something to do". I put a jeep tour and the all went in. Then, I deleted the jeep tour and none of the guests were stuck anymore. I did this in freeform mode though....:hmmm:

Offline Crystallyne

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 03:44:43 PM »
Weird!!  Am I contagious?  *looks around worriedly and puts on a face mask just in case*

Unfortunately I don't have any of the expansions, so no jeep tours for me.  Mine started getting stuck around the beginning of year 2 as well, in the one saved game.  I've got a new game going that's approaching the 2nd year, and so far I haven't had any problems.

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 05:21:21 PM »
This sounds alot like a problem I had a few weeks ago. The guests would go into the three buildings at the entrance (restaurant , bathroom , gift shop) and then stand there and say "Looking for something to do". I was wondering , what does it say they are doing?

Offline Crystallyne

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 06:52:37 PM »
I think they were saying the same thing for me.  Ironically enough in that same game that I had problems with people stuck at the entrance, I started seeing groups of people gathered around certain points, the same problem you had.  Specifically one group I remember was around a garbage can.  I hadn't seen any reports of them starting to get angry, but it may be that not enough time had passed, and I'm not playing that particular game anymore.

Also, when people were stuck at the entrance, I would start getting messages of people wanting a place to sit down, or needing more bathrooms, or wanting a place to sit and eat.  Anymore if I get those messages my first instinct is to check the entrance to see if people are stuck again.

Offline Napper

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 10:02:45 PM »
I said this in the other thread too. What I did was close the zoo and wait until the next month started and then reopened. It was back to normal after that for me.

Offline Crystallyne

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 03:07:48 AM »
Hmm, I didn't see your post, Napper.  I did try to close my zoo and then reopen it, and it didn't seem to make a difference.  I may try that again.  Thanks!

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2006, 09:45:40 AM »
Hi,

I had that problem and is related to challenges, like someone mentioned here.  There are a few ways to sort the problem out, but they are tempory and they could happen again.
1) If it is a challenge where you recieve animals and have to get a certain amount in donations, breed the animal, etc...  you just need to wait it out untill you fail the challenge them it should sort it out.
2) If this doesnt work try closing the zoo once ALL the guests have gone save the zoo and exit the game, then reload the zoo and open it, they should then flock into the zoo like normal.

However i do stress that this is only tempory and could happen again,  sorry.

It is really annoying when you get animals on a swap and if you complete it you get to keep the animals.

Ps their is another theads somewhere here where i posted this aswell it my have other solutions from other members, sorry i cant remeber what the topic was called

Tell us if it works,  i know i few people have had success

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2006, 02:50:05 AM »
hi, just an update on this problem

I think i have found a solution to the problem, create a new profile and copy over your options file (options.xml) this should stop this problem occuring, i havnt tested to see whether you can copy zoos and the problem not be there.

the problem has something to do with the profiles maybe name or letter related

hope this helps

Offline Blue Fox

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 08:09:07 AM »
I have had a similar problem before, and I found out what was bugging it up for me: The drinking fountain. I tested it several times, made a zoo and then added a random drinking fountain in and it all went haywire with guests getting stuck. I am not sure if this may be the same problem; maybe my fountain is bugged. But save it, then try deleting all drinking fountains. If not, I can be no further help.

Offline Taun

• Zookeeper
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2006, 03:31:00 AM »
The drinking fountain has been already noted that it's bugged, this is a completely different bug that seems to only appear for a few people

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2006, 06:42:53 AM »
I just save and re-load the game to fix bugs. I have lots of problem with the drinking fountain, like guests getting stuck at it and sometimes the animation just freezes and the guest stays hunched over it, and then no other guests can use it. And I can't seem to move the guest, and I even closed the zoo so there were no guests in it except that one and the quick stats tab said there were no guests in the zoo. Deleting the fountain did nothing either. And then I couldn't place it there again, like the collision data was still there, but not the rest of the guest files.