Author Topic: SeaWorld Pennsylvania  (Read 23211 times)

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« on: November 03, 2006, 03:53:55 PM »
Here's something to look forward to, my first ZT2 show and tell.  Hope you all enjoy.  

Here's the storyline:
  Ever since the closing of the SeaWorld Aurora in Ohio, all of us Northerners were tired of having to travel halfway across the country to see rare and exotic marine animals.  So after hearing enough complains, Anaheuser(horrible spelling:laughing) Busch decides to build a SeaWorld right up in Pittsburgh, PA.  And to be put in charge as marine park director...me!  So the project is just about to begin, be patient and pics of the next great marine park will be posted soon.

Offline world

• Zookeeper
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 06:12:17 PM »
Woah!Cant wait to see it!!

Offline WolfXQueen

• Zookeeper
    • http://saritadawolf.deviantart.com/
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 06:33:26 PM »
Oh Yay! Finally a SeaWorld near wear I live!! ;P

Offline andypvera

• Pooper Scooper
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 07:13:03 PM »
nice. Is it like the one in San Diego with the famous SHAMU.

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 07:35:34 PM »
sweet, i cant wait, especially to see the next shamu,(is there no limit to the number of shamus there can be?)

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 07:39:22 PM »
That is just grate :specool: good luck to you cant wate to see picks :sunbathin

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 07:49:08 PM »
Show & Tell threads are supposed to contain pics of your zoos, not just the intent to post them. You have until Sunday the 5th to get some pics up here, or we will have to close this thread. It can be reopened when your pics are ready to go up. Just PM a Mod or Admin to open it back up.

Thank you.

Offline creationfan

• Zookeeper
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 08:00:59 PM »
We need that in this state, all we can see is those dolphins and seals in hershey. Have fun building Sea World PA!

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 09:57:30 AM »
Wow! Thanks guys!  I didn't think there would be much interest.  Don't worry LadyZ, I had the pics I just needed to edit, it takes a while:laughing:

Alright.  The land has been confirmed there is a large lake just outside Pittsburgh that is going to be great for the park.  Since it is a little grassy, I'm going to have to import some sand from the Sahara and add some dunes.  You can actually still see the city skyline of Pittsburgh, which will look great at night! ][/URL]  

The park gate is also up after a few weeks of constructing.][/URL]

Okay so after a few months we have sand, from the Sahara, added all around the lake and some dunes at the park entrance.  We also decided to go ahead the schedule and add the scenery for the park gate area.  Check out these. ][/URL] ][/URL]

Just as a sneak hint, the animal attractions will be put up very soon, and are in progress as we speak.

Offline Kasatkasnumber1fan

• Zookeeper
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 11:56:34 AM »
Can't wait for more! Excellant story!

Offline rexy_rox1000

• Pooper Scooper
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 12:38:34 PM »
Looking forward to more! great story and pictures!

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 01:04:45 PM »
Thanks!:thumbsup:  I' m going to make this a little more fin. I'm going to give you all some sharp clues on what attraction is next.  You can post your fearsome guess if you want, but I'm not posting any more pics today until someone does correctly:wicked::mwahaha:  .  If no one gills anything by today's end, Eastern Time, I'll post the pics tomorrow.  Oh and by the way, the clues are in what I just wrote:wink:  And name not the animal but the SeaWorld attraction, unless you've never been to SeaWorld, give the animal.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:14:27 PM by MarineManiac »

Offline Iwuvmyparakeetz

• Zookeeper
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 01:13:28 PM »
Sharks!!!!!!

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 01:37:12 PM »
yay! i these are good so far. but couldnt you just get sand from arizona lol. ive lived there and boy is there a lot of sand.:surprise:

oh, and im gonna guess scalloped hammerhead, because thats got to be some sort of shark that theyve got at sea world. but what do i know. its been waaay too long since ive been to seaworld
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:41:13 PM by eye_of_the_tiger »

Offline andypvera

• Pooper Scooper
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 01:38:30 PM »
the shark tunnel I know it

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 01:39:05 PM »
Yeah good point, but I guess no one will miss that sand anyway seeing as it came from the desert with the most sand.:laughing:

andypvera, I'll give it to you anyways, since you got so close.  I was looking for Shark Encounter, but there is a shark tunnel in it.  Since ZT2 doesn't have any tunnels, I made a shark indoor aquarium called Shark Encounter.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:45:03 PM by MarineManiac »

Offline SeaWorldFan2010

• Zookeeper
    • http://
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 01:41:40 PM »
Is it the Shark Encounter with the shark tunnel?

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 01:44:12 PM »
yes :thumbsup: Expect pics soon.

you posted while I was editing my post lol.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:46:23 PM by MarineManiac »

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 03:32:47 PM »
The Shark Encounter Aquarium is now finished.  Animals are being transported at this very moment.  Although I can't show any pics of the inside here's one of the actual complex. ][/URL]

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 04:25:00 PM »
The sharks are now situated in their new environement and you are all invited to a private showing of this aquarium.  Just turn here into the entrance. ][/URL] Please remember that these are sensitive animals and try not to tap on the glass.  you will also be going into all exhibits except for the Goblin Shark exhibit, they are VERY solitary.  Ok our first stop takes us to the Black-tip Reef Shark tank.  As you can notice the exhibit is quite colorful and Bali (m) and Coral (f) seem to enjoy themselves.][/URL]  Next up we have our hammerheads, Hammy (m) and Shell (f)  Their exhibit displays foliage from both coastal and reef biomes, due to a new discovery that palegic animals can tolerate both. ][/URL] Now we have our fearsome White Sharks, Jaws (m) and Jewls (f)  Don't be fooled by their viscious appearance, for these animals are quite gentle unless provoked.][/URL]  Next up are the Whale Sharks, George (m) and Helen (f).  Their exhibit is quite deep and is necessary because Whale Sharks prefer deep water.][/URL]  Finally our last visit is for Rumplestiltskin (m) and Goblina (f), our two rare Goblin Sharks. ][/URL] eye_ of_ the_ tiger and SeaWorld Fan, I told you no tapping on the glass:angry: ( Kidding, just play along:wink: )  

Now get ready to suit up for a shark dive: :) :  If you would like to skip the shark dive to health conditions just let me know and I will scratch you off the list.

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 04:29:47 PM »
oh boy i cant wait, this is well put together. and who in their right minds wouldnt want to dive with sharks.(cowards) whats the worse that could happen...:badgnome:
count me in, but keep me safe, i dont have life insurance:pinch: : :P :
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 04:42:04 PM by eye_of_the_tiger »

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 04:33:50 PM »
Amazing pics MM---you've done a great job with this marine zoo. I am very impressed with the Shark Encounter exhibit you created. Since I don't have MM2 yet (and won't for a while) I truly appreciate you taking the time to showcase what can be done with this new expansion.

If you have an enclosed diving bell, I'll go--but since I can't swim, I'll just keep my feet dry and watch from a safe distance! :laughing:

Keep Building! :wub:

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 04:42:45 PM »
Thank you very much LadyZ, and yes I do have a enclosed diving bell, for those who don't want any danger.  I will tell you all to prepare for a dive very soon, sometime tomorrow afternoon.

eye_of_the_tiger, nothing too bad should happen tomorrow:innocent:

Offline HorseGal

• Zookeeper
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 07:12:18 PM »
Great Shark Encounter, MarineManiac and I would like to join the Shark Dive too. Woohoo!

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
SeaWorld Pennsylvania
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 07:19:09 PM »
wow! This is very cool. Great story line. :thumbsup: