Author Topic: germanwolf's zoos!  (Read 8741 times)

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
germanwolf's zoos!
« on: November 18, 2006, 02:48:43 PM »
Hi guys, I decided to show some of my zoos here, so here it goes. This zoo is called Zoo an der Donau! ( it is German, I used some of Nique's wonderful items from her Alpine Pack:wink: ) This is not one of my best, but it is still pretty good, so here we go!

Here is the entrance. As we walk in, here is a small food court area. Should we go eat there, or go to the wonderful Alpin Gaststaette? Well, after we are full from an excellent lunch, wherever you chose to go, we head over to the cute walruses! Aww, there are 2 of them. Look! More updates today, I'm still gettin' the hang of this. I only have half the zoo built, so maybe you guys can help me fill in the rest and name them?:original:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 12:36:23 PM by germanwolf »

Offline DingoMutt

• Zookeeper
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 02:55:55 PM »
Looks awesome germanwolf! I love the cute little walruses, I mean big walruses. *looks at walrus behind me* Keep up the good work! :specool:

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 03:18:40 PM »
After touring the walruses, we decide to look at the friendly whale sharks! The guests sure love them. Our next stop are the Dart Frogs! Here are two of them playing! Let's walk to the mischevious markhors, next to the Alpin Gaststaette. But as we are walking, we are suddenly sprayed by snow! :shocked: Finally, the markhors. Here is a cute little baby, and its mother. How about one of the mixed exhbits? Next to the markhors, we encounter a Thompson's gazelle and Giant Sable Antelope exhibit. Here comes one of the gazelles.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 12:36:39 PM by germanwolf »

Offline kingkong10

• Zookeeper
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 04:09:04 PM »
Great zoo so far. Can't wait for more!:original:

Offline Budgielover101

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 04:40:26 PM »
Aww i like that last picture, the antelope are looking sort of superior up against the poor little gazelle lol. Very nice zoo :thumbsup: I like the entrance!
But did anyone notice what has happened to that guest in the 'snow!' picture? : :P :

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 05:28:18 PM »
yeah, I did. I guess the good food from the restraunt and the snow was a little too much for him. : :P :

Offline world

• Zookeeper
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 07:33:38 PM »
Cool Zoo Germanwolf!:woot:

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 12:20:03 AM »
Nice start! It's a bit intimidating starting a new zoo, isn't it? :laughing:

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 03:10:57 AM »
Great start to your building Germanwolf! :thumbsup:
The Sable Antelope exhibit looks really nice, and I do love the Whale Sharks :original:

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 04:31:06 AM »
Beautiful beginning Germanwolf! I :wub: the markors - that picture of the baby is just too cute! You're off to a great start - can't wait to see what's next!

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 12:18:34 PM »
I love baby animals, and that Markhor was cute!  Can't wait to hear more!

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 06:05:39 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm still gettin the hang of it. :01:
Next up we see an exhibit that is seperated into 2 different areas by a small mountain! Can we guess which two species live here.....? On one side we have a beautiful mixed exhibit of scimitar horned oryxes and addax! And on the other side we see black rhinos! Here is the male, Kifaro, and here is his mate, Noir, with their new baby! :wub: She doesn't have a name yet, do you guys want to name her? Next to the rhinos we see a Bengal tiger exhibit, containing a male Bengal tiger called Garwein.His mate recently died,: :( : , so we'll have to get him a new one! After we admire him, we move on to the elegant sea turtles.Herewe see a cute and friendly one swimmy torwards us! :wub: Soon we come across a rainforest ape section! A cute gibbon family...... And hereand here we can see a mixed exhibit of chimpanzees and Gorillas! Here is one of the chimps, Mango, climbing a tree fern. His mate, Banana, is nowhere to be found... maybe she is hiding? and here we have the king of the exhibit, Java, and his two mates, Coco and Monet One of them seems to be doing a wierd kind of dance... or is it a gorilla stretching move..? Still wondering about the gorillas, we go to the exhibit across from it, containing wild boar and peafowl! Alongside them, in the next exhibit, we see a curious kangaroo and his albino mate. And for our last exhibit, the wolves! :woot:  Here we see Unimet,as well as Mitternacht and Moonglow. Well, that's it for now!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 12:36:00 PM by germanwolf »

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 08:43:09 PM »
Your off to a great start on your zoo germanwolf :thumbsup:. The turtle pic is really cute.

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Palawan peacock pheasant
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 04:39:32 PM »
nice zoo, germanwolf! i like the boar/peafowl exhibit. can we request any downloads? if so, then i would like to see a pair of phorusrhacos/terror birds, downloaded from this site. if ur not taking downloads, then i would like a pair of warthogs, please.

thanks!

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 05:29:50 PM »
yes, I am taking downloaded animals.  Any ideas for the baby rhino's name? It is a girl.

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Palawan peacock pheasant
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 06:58:26 PM »
what about mwana for the baby rhinoceros name? it means daughter in swahili. just a suggestion, i mean u dont have to use it.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 10:47:36 AM »
We decide to end the tour and go home, but not before catching another glimpse of the cute rhinosceros baby, who the zoo has just named Mwana, a name which means 'daughter' in Swahili. our next zoo will be the mysterious.....

Forest Naertis Zoo!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 11:45:07 AM by germanwolf »

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 06:02:19 PM »
Finally, we reach the Forest Naertes Zoo. As soon as we enter the zoo, we can tell this will be a wonderful experience. :wink: Here is a view left of the entrance, and also to the right of it. As we turn to look at the first exhibit, we think, What could live here? Leopards! Here is the mother, Silent Huntress, with one of the cubs. And look at all three of them playing! With the father, Mordor, keeping a close watch. The cubs' names are Raven, Blackray, and Kalla. We leave them behind and soon come to the next exhibit, which contains 2 okapies, Jared and Ophelia. Here is Jared, looking proudly around his exhibit. Ophelia, on the other hand, contents herself by resting in the ferns. we also manage to get a good close-up. Next, we wonder what could be in this beautiful exhibit.Here is Comet, the leader of the herd. Nearby, we see Cupid. It looks like Dancer resting. And here is a beautiful picture of all 6 of them standing together.

That is all for today, I hope that you liked it! More updates tomorrow!!:bounce:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 07:58:56 PM by germanwolf »

Offline IcelandV4R

• Pooper Scooper
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 07:06:36 PM »
Wow, you have some nice names there, and of course, great pics:thumbsup:

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2006, 08:24:01 PM »
I must say, you have very good pics! :thumbsup: Your animals have very good names too! I especially like the ptarmigans. : :) :

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 08:29:27 PM »
Thanks alot. I will also try and add some MM2 animals as well.
@kiwibuddy- ptarmigans? I don't have pics of ptarmigans. You must be able to tell the future or something, though, because I was planning to put up pics of ptarmigans tomorrow!:wacko:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 08:33:06 PM by germanwolf »

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 08:31:50 PM »
AWESOME zoos! The exhibits are all simply marvelous and the names are so beautiful. Keep up the great work! :bounce:

(Oh and btw I think sometimes your newer pics override your older ones becase they have the same names. I was trying to look at the old ones and it kept showing the new ones again :wink: Prehaps you could rename them or something, but if not, they're still great!)

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2006, 08:36:29 PM »
wow, you are right, penguinman! And they are pics I haven't even shown yet! awww.... now my surprises are ruined. Now I know why kiwibuddy thought I had ptarmigan pics! Because I do!! Ahhhh! :wacko:

Well, I'll get to work on fixing them right away. Thanks, PM. In the meantime..... try not to look at the old pics, people....

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2006, 08:39:05 PM »
:pinch: EDIT: oh no, I know what I did wrong! I accidentally deleted all those former pics from phototbucket! Grrrr........ and I deleted that zoo and pics too!! How could I have been so stupid! You guys can't see the pics if there are no links! Sigh. You can obviouly tell I am new to this.

woops, I wanted to edit my previous post, but it looks like I accidentally posted new instead. I am sorry.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 08:47:05 PM by germanwolf »

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
germanwolf's zoos!
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2006, 09:54:28 PM »
Awww... ya, it's tricky! If you need any help just PM me, but don't give up because they look so good! :wacko: