Author Topic: Tazzie Tiger Presents: The Zoo  (Read 4149 times)

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
Tazzie Tiger Presents: The Zoo
« on: October 02, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »
:welcomean Welcome my name is Tazzie Tiger and i would like to take you on an exclusive journy through some of the worlds zoos

this multi chapter show will give u breathtaking pictures
and an in depth look at the zoos and its animals

this show is directed and filmed by Tazzie Tiger 99 and is made for the ZA show and tell forum network.

The first zoo we will be visiting is a animal shelter where animals are taken in to be cared for from all over the world.

Welcome to Vineyard Park

One of the first animals kept in the park was a Nile Monitor named Cole

He lived in captivity for quite a long time... living in a garden of a very rich old man

the garden was fenced and had a fountain and a small pool some trees and some toys

the old man found out he was loosing money and reluctantly had to give away Cole

he gave cole to Vineyard Park which was near his house.... he actually gave some of his property to the park when it was first being built

cole was given a small exibit for himself with a pond and a small pool as well as plenty of lizards to chase around

he died of old age the following october though.

here are some pictures of cole:
http://123pichosting.com/images/4460cole 1.jpg

http://123pichosting.com/images/8515cole 2.jpg

next we will explore more of Vineyard Park right after this commercial break:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 03:37:54 PM by Tazzie-Tiger99 »

Offline Thestoneofdoom

• Pooper Scooper
Animals in the Spotlight with Tazzie-Tiger
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 08:23:26 AM »
Nice pics!Cole's cute!

Offline lamna

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 08:58:31 AM »
Nice pictures of cole. I like that you put more of a story behind it than "here is the nile moniter"

Offline Ethiopian Wolf

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 09:20:33 AM »
Kewl Pics! hurry and update!

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 05:12:46 PM »
Welcome to Animals in the Spotlight i am your host Tazzie-Tiger
You may remember me from such shows as The Earths most Humerous Animals and the World Series of Dog Poker

Now i bring you a show that will bring you right to the animals of zoos, rehabilitation centers, and nature preserves from around the world.
We will tell you the story of the animal and what may lie in his future. I will also accept ideas for an animal in a zoo, rehabilitation center, or preserve that i could interview just tell me the name of the place, where it is located country/state/province etc. and the species, sex, and name of the animal

now for the first animal in the show tonight: Jackson the Lone Wolf

Jackson is a male Grey Wolf who resided in the now closed Cantelope Park Rehab Center

Jackson was sent to the Center located in central Montana after he was badly injured in a fight with another wolf, he was found lying in the snow outside a mountain cabin

the park took Jackson and placed him in a small exibit that was ment for smaller species, Jackson was quite alright by himself and made a full recovery

he was very tame... much like a hearding dog at some times, when the park was near its end a farmer who needed a sturdy hard working hearder came by and looked at Jackson and bought him from the park, ASPCA people come and make sure he is alright every now and then. And 5 months after the parks closing Jackson has been doing fine herding cattle.

Due to his short time at the park there is only one official picture of Jackson taken by park photographers to keep record of him:

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 05:21:10 PM »
Please remember that each member is only allowed to have one Show and Tell topic. Thanks!

I like the way this is going though. Good narration style!

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 05:37:29 PM »
o verry sorry

the topic titled The Zoo was on page 6 and hadent been posted on since october so i thought it was clearly gone for good so that ment i could start another one....

well atleast the topic(s) are still going

thx

Offline CoolKid

• Zookeeper
    • Modern Hunting!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 02:10:20 PM »
I like the way that the story is actually like a show. You wonder what person picked up the injured wolf. "cough,redneck,cough"

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 03:30:41 PM »
lol... or someone who despiratly needed a hearding dog but was probably what you said
the thought did occur to me

Today i am going to the Pearwood ( why are all my zoo names fruit related is that all i can thinkof) well Today i am going to the Pearwood zoo located in eastern Pennsylvania.

This zoo is very archetectural and uses archetecture from all over the world making it very unique and interesting. I am going to the first exibit built in the zoo

the Eurasian Badgers- the 4 eurasian badgers ( 2 parents and 2 kids) live in a small exibit right above the Egyptian themed Food/Zoo Plasa and inbetween the Siberian Lynx and Grey-Winged Trumpeter exibits

the badgers exibit is forested with several tree stumps the badgers hollowd out to live in as well as a cave dug by the zoo workers during the exibits early construction
there is a large plataeo and many hills

the exibit is in need of enlargement for the young badgers grew up quickly ( something i wish would be fixed its kinda annoying) after early battles with illness.

the badgers are unnamed and are all tame except the eldest young who has a mean streak.

i will get pictures in later tonight ill add them inn if i have time.... i am going to go take them now k:wink: :original:

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 05:59:39 PM »
here are the Eurasian badgers....

Next I will take you to Karl's Reptile Paradise
a zoo with mainly reptiles and i will show you the mighty komodo dragon as well as some funny little green lizards

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Palawan peacock pheasant
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 06:12:36 PM »
i like that eurasian badger exhibit!

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »
okay.. after the next animal i will take ideas for a zoo for me to "visit and interview an animal"

all i need for the zoo is the name of the zoo, preserve, or rehab center
where it is located.... not where the map is you can make something up ( realistically) no african tundra please though.....

what the animal species you want me to visit are......  also a little info on the animals and the zoo.... and a little bit of what the place looks like

i dont have MM2 yet

and you can say downloadable animals and i will see if i have it ok
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 12:15:10 PM by Tazzie-Tiger99 »

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 04:22:24 PM »
Welcome to Karl's Reptile Paradise a prime strip of marshland located south of Lake Okechobee in Florida that was bought by a wealthy herpitologist named Karl so it could be turned into a preserve for the regions wildlife as well as a park for reptiles from all over the world and not farmland like much of the surrounding area

the large park supplies all eco friendly products to the guests and animals
also the buildings are eco friendly as well and there are tons of native trees and plants, none are cut down and paths are built around them

i arrive at the park at 2:00 in the afternoon and walk through the entrance where to my left and right are small areas fenced off by white picket finces and are full of plants from around the world... i see something moving in the plants..... a water bamboo to be exact... i see a flash of bright green, then the three friendly Balkan Green Lizards hopped out of the plants right infront of me.... a great start to my visit
i quickly snapped some pics of the Balkan Green Lizards in both pens and continued down the path:

here are what the 2 little lizard pens looked like:

now i move on and into the plaza where you can get food or gifts, and even see other reptiles in a reptile house. then i look at my map of the park and notice i am right near Komodo Canyon

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 04:33:59 PM »
woo hoo 150th post!!!!!!

ok...

I had a bite to eat.... A Burger, Lemonade, and Cheese cake mmmmmmmmmm:dindin:

then i turned around and saw a huge platform on legs near the entrance gate, i must have missed it when i came in

I looked for it on a map and it said it was a Ranger Station which would make sence it being a preserve and all... with high ranking keepers there keeping the Park safe and protected, also a great place to try to photograph things lol but its restricted, normal park staff cant even go there

well after my meal i headed over to my main point of intrest today.... Komodo Canyon home to the Komodo Dragons: Archie, Val, and Desmond

I talked to the Educator for the Komodos and he told me that Archie and Desmond have been living peacefully with the female Val since they were brought here... but latly Val and Archie have been spending more and more time together and Desmond has been getting mad and aggression between the 2 is increasing. I asked him about a pass to enter the exibit for photographs and i was told to get one from the Cheif keeper of the exibit, the 2 of us entered the exibit.

the exibit has a large pond in the middle where i saw Desmond swimming at the surface before he dissapeared underwater and surfaced at the other side where he took a long nap under a Yellow Fever Tree

then i was told that Val was sleeping in the burrow on the cliff, puzzled by what he meant he pointed toward the  large rock formation where a section was clearly cut out and i could make out the shape of a hut like mound of earth
we approached quietly, but we probably didnt need to because Val snored really loudly.
I saw now that in an inlet in the cliff was a large earthen burrow

then i got the ok to move closer.... i got a great shot of val all curled up asleep and got a great wiff of some horrable smelling breath.... talk about Dragonbreath

I wanted to interview the Educator about the Komodo Dragons here so i left the exibit  and walked over to him,

here are the hilights of the interview, The Komodo dragons here are from different places, Desmond was rescued from a Miami based animal smuggleing ring when he was very young, and Archie and Val are both the offspring of wild Komodo dragons, as eggs they were taken from their nests and raised in a small pen in the Komodo Islands, the 2 did not know each other, Archie and Val were sent to Karl because they had become too tame and used to man during the Reasearch
I talked to him for about 10 mins when the head zookeeper came running up to me and told me that Archie had just killed Desmond in a fight, the carcass had been removed already and Archie was standing under a Shepards tree looking all triumphant.
I only got to take 1 picture of Desmond. I wanted to get more photos of the dragons so i checked into a hotel and came back the next day
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 04:57:34 PM by Tazzie-Tiger99 »

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 05:15:19 PM »
Quote from: Tazzie-Tiger99;172874
okay.. after the next animal i will take ideas for a zoo for me to "visit and interview an animal"

all i need for the zoo is the name of the zoo, preserve, or rehab center
where it is located.... not where the map is you can make something up ( realistically) no african tundra please though.....

what the animal species you want me to visit are......  also a little info on the animals and the zoo.... and a little bit of what the place looks like

i dont have MM2 yet

and you can say downloadable animals and i will see if i have it ok

ok, can we start that now? if so, then...
Just outside of San Diego, the KHS Zoo is a rich, fertile plot of savannah/grassland/desert mixed land that specializes in hoofed animals, pachyderms, marine mammals, sharks, small mammals, and reptiles. The zoo's most popular exhibits are as follows: The African Savannah, Asian Trail, The Sahara, The Sonoran Desert, Shark Encounter, Lizard Lounge, Turtles and Tortoises, and the Small Mammal House.
Here, the largest wild boar in teh zoo, Old Major, is available for interview.

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »
i walked into the Park the next day and had a nice cup of coffie and some cheese cake for breakfast then headed straight for the Dragons...

I didnt know what to expect from what occured yesterday so i was ready for the worst

but when i walked in i was greeted by Archie with a big smile because he had just found a well hidden beef shank.

he then moved toward the burrow where val was already sleeping, interupted by Archie's entrance Val got up and left the burrow giving Archie plenty of room

then after a short nap archie left too and headed toward the pond where Val was swimming

Val came onto the shore and Approached archie and started grooming each other

Afterwards Archie scrached his belley and went to have something to eat

I had a plane to catch so i left around noon to embark on my next journy

Where should I go next??  you decide

give me ideas and i will see what i can do with them... i have downloads so you can mention them and i will see if i have it i do not have MM2 or Dino Danger

read above posts for full idea giving criteria.... and who knows mabee i will make a visit to your zoo next:cool:

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 05:50:05 PM »
Quote from: hupdo1593;174300
ok, can we start that now? if so, then...
Just outside of San Diego, the KHS Zoo is a rich, fertile plot of savannah/grassland/desert mixed land that specializes in hoofed animals, pachyderms, marine mammals, sharks, small mammals, and reptiles. The zoo's most popular exhibits are as follows: The African Savannah, Asian Trail, The Sahara, The Sonoran Desert, Shark Encounter, Lizard Lounge, Turtles and Tortoises, and the Small Mammal House.
Here, the largest wild boar in teh zoo, Old Major, is available for interview.

I dont have MM2 though so you wont likly see any marine things in the exibit

I will get right on the Wild boar..... hahahahahaha  I just finished reading
Animal Farm too

whats KHS though

also what about exibit mates??

this is considered a doulbe post.  Please do not do that unless you have more pictures to add.  Replying to somone must not be done in a sperate post immedialty after a picture posting thanks for obaying the rules
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:59:54 AM by RedNotDead »

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 07:13:11 PM »
o yeah, i forgot about the MM stuff. o well. i can do without that.

Old Major has one exhibit mate named Winifred
and KHS is the first letter of me and my 2 friends last names. its not anything real.

Offline Tazzie-Tiger99

• Zookeeper
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 06:52:47 AM »
well unless anyone else gives me an idea i am headed to the KHS Zoo in San Diago home of the wild boars Old Major and Winifred

also hupdo i cant find a map that has grassland, dessert, and savannah... is there one??

if not will a map of dessert and scrub work..... cuz that is wat the outskirts of San Diago are closly like i thought
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 06:56:15 AM by Tazzie-Tiger99 »

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 08:28:12 AM »
o yeah. you can do a scrub map, large.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
Re: Tazzie Tiger Presents: The Zoo
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 04:22:54 AM »