Author Topic: Large Cats  (Read 2052 times)

KyrisWindsong

Large Cats
« on: December 27, 2005, 06:32:10 AM »
I have made various environments for the Big Cats-Cougar, Snow Leopard, Leopard. Each time I have one that is "well suited to Big Cat 1" the cat is eternally "furious" or not happy. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do about this and I've tried modifying the cages to small degrees to better "suit" the animal but nothing works. Is this a bug? No big cat seems to be happy except the Lion and his pride of women!

Offline Melt0s

• Zookeeper
    • http://spaces.msn.com/members/Melt0s/
Large Cats
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 07:42:07 AM »
This is normally the case. What I do is, Fill up the squares with foliege and rocks, So there exhibit suitability is around 95-100, So what you need to is put the Square grid on (Control + S) Then fill a square up with its favourite foilege normally work, If not the thing to do is;

1) Buy one of the cats (E.g. Jaguar) Then Build the exhibit around that animal, Then if the animal is not happy, Sell it and buy a other one or two

2) Pause The Game, Simple I Know But Sometimes it works and Keep double clicking the animal so your picking it up and putting it down often

3) The Animals Enjoy the zoo keepers inside (dont ask why...) Do the same with what you done with th animal, Double click the zoo keeper, keep placing him in and out, in and out. That should work.

Best of Luck :)

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Large Cats
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 08:22:50 PM »
Or  use wisco and make perfect exhibit and then buy the animals. In any case, in ZT1 you should make a rough exhibit before buying you animals.  :cool

Offline Jormund The Jarl

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Large Cats
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 10:56:53 PM »
No its easier to make a suitable exhibit after you put the animal in. This is what I normally do for example, Bengal tiger.

1) Fill the exhibit with the main terrain, in this case rainforest floor.

2) Adopt 1 tiger.

3) Put in the shelter (In This Case Rock cave)

4) Put the other terrain needed one square by one till the tiger doesn't have happy faces, i.e becomes neutral to the terrain.

5) Pause game.

6) Record suitability.

7) Put 4 quarter square foliage (same type ex. Mangrove in 1 square, or if its a 1 square foliage ex. Durian tree put in 1) from the region into the exhibit, record suitability again. The foliage with the highest suitability is the animals favourite. The adoption panel isn't always right.

8) If its a one sguare foliage, etc. durian unpause and put them in till one red face comes up. DON'T undo. If its 1/4 square foliage put 1 in each square till one red face comes up. DON'T undo. Then fill up the rest of the 3/4s.

9)Put in small normal rocks, nothing else till one red face comes out. This time DO undo.

10) Put in mate, or if you can afford, Sell of your first animal and buy a new pair (or trio for lions)

Hope that grammatically horrible guide helped. I can always get 100 suitability exhibits that way.

BTW, for these animals you should put wayy more foliage than one red face.

Hippopotamus
Grassland grazers (Zebra, Gazelle, Gnu etc.)
Flamingo
Elephant (african)
And a few others I cant remember.

Do the same thing as above except step 8. Do this instead.

8) Put in 2 foliage each in square till the animal shows a RED to the first foliage in a square, and is NEUTRAL to the second. Then fill the gaps up.

:sweat  :sweat

IF its still not happy, (they always are for me this way) Double click the zookeepers if their happiness is in hte green. If it ain't sell em and buy a new pair.

Did that help you, if it didn't I just spammed half a page! :8

KyrisWindsong

Large Cats
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 08:05:02 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'll try these all out!

Offline Jormund The Jarl

• Zookeeper
Large Cats
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 11:56:29 PM »
Happy to help.  :happy

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
Large Cats
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 12:13:52 AM »
Originally posted by Jormund The Jarl@Dec 28 2005, 12:56 AM
No its easier to make a suitable exhibit after you put the animal in. This is what I normally do for example, Bengal tiger.

1) Fill the exhibit with the main terrain, in this case rainforest floor.

2) Adopt 1 tiger.

3) Put in the shelter (In This Case Rock cave)

4) Put the other terrain needed one square by one till the tiger doesn't have happy faces, i.e becomes neutral to the terrain.

5) Pause game.

6) Record suitability.

7) Put 4 quarter square foliage (same type ex. Mangrove in 1 square, or if its a 1 square foliage ex. Durian tree put in 1) from the region into the exhibit, record suitability again. The foliage with the highest suitability is the animals favourite. The adoption panel isn't always right.

8) If its a one sguare foliage, etc. durian unpause and put them in till one red face comes up. DON'T undo. If its 1/4 square foliage put 1 in each square till one red face comes up. DON'T undo. Then fill up the rest of the 3/4s.

9)Put in small normal rocks, nothing else till one red face comes out. This time DO undo.

10) Put in mate, or if you can afford, Sell of your first animal and buy a new pair (or trio for lions)

Hope that grammatically horrible guide helped. I can always get 100 suitability exhibits that way.

BTW, for these animals you should put wayy more foliage than one red face.

Hippopotamus
Grassland grazers (Zebra, Gazelle, Gnu etc.)
Flamingo
Elephant (african)
And a few others I cant remember.

Do the same thing as above except step 8. Do this instead.

8) Put in 2 foliage each in square till the animal shows a RED to the first foliage in a square, and is NEUTRAL to the second. Then fill the gaps up.

:sweat  :sweat

IF its still not happy, (they always are for me this way) Double click the zookeepers if their happiness is in hte green. If it ain't sell em and buy a new pair.

Did that help you, if it didn't I just spammed half a page! :8
WOW! That is a great guide! :w00t

Offline Jormund The Jarl

• Zookeeper
Large Cats
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 09:23:08 PM »
Thanks Zoo! :blush

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
Large Cats
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 12:26:49 PM »
I use this strategy, and it works:
First of all, you have already noted that almost every big cat in ZT gets angry with almost every thing you do to its environment, right?
1.For example, for the Bengal Tiger, i build a big exhibit and fill it with the Rainforest Floor terrain, then i put the Tiger and start making changes to the floor. (It works for almost every big cat since it gives him a happiness boost from the beginning due to the floor).
2. If you have Snow Leopards or Pumas, first, do the same thing to the floor, then proceed to build some hills and cliffs before placing the animal in the exhibit.
3. After that, put the shelter (always the rock cave, or if you don´t research it yet, use the concrete shelter) and you should be on the right way.
4. Then, put the rocks and trees. But not the same kind of tree or rock; for example, i like to do rainforest-like exhibits to tigers, so i put the Rainforest Rock Formation, the Rock with the Waterfall and then use lots of medium common rocks.
For the trees is the same thing, with Tigers, i use mangrove, palm tree, sometimes durian tree and the rainforest fern. But try to place 4 of them in a square; and a lot of these. It usually boost the happiness of the suitability for the animal to 93-100.
5. Then put other animals for company. If another one´s needed.
6.Finally, use the toys. But, for example, in case of Black Leopards and almost every leopard, use one if you have two animals.
Bonus: It´s hard to keep a continous happiness level with tricky cats like the Puma, Snow Leopard, Jaguar and Black Leopard.
Here´s some tips for them:
-Sunk the exhibit two tiles.
-Always, use rock fences with the puma and the Snow Leopard. But only with one visible side (big cats hate people look at them from almost every side).
-The same for the jaguar, but with this guy, you should use a concrete fence with the plexiglas or the half concrete/half chain link fence.

Well, if you follow these tips in the right order, you can boost the animal happiness without pausing or selling and buying again (well, except for the Puma and the Snow Leopard, they are hard).

I hope this mini-guide helps someone.

Offline bcassidy27

• Pooper Scooper
Large Cats
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 07:27:25 PM »
Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it.

Offline fantasycat89

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Large Cats
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 02:09:18 PM »
The big cats are usually hard to please,but I find that tigers are also quite easy to keep happy,them and lions seem to be the best at breeding for big cats also. :cowboy: