Author Topic: Zoo Went Crazy?  (Read 2035 times)

Offline KalykoKatt

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Went Crazy?
« on: January 11, 2007, 12:50:38 PM »
So, I just got my first zoo all built up nice and suddenly weird things start happening.  The expense charts started showing less months.  Then objects and animals started dissapearing from the menu.  Why oh why?  The game still runs fine; I just can restock my kangaroos and sea lions because they suddenly vanished.  Am I doomed to start over?  How do I prevent that from happening again?

Offline seaworldgurl1

• Zookeeper
  • dive in
    • Pilialoha
Zoo Went Crazy?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 12:52:45 PM »
how much RAM and hard drive memory does your comp have?

Offline pokefan

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Went Crazy?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 12:53:37 PM »
its probably just that your animals are getting old and dieing. you just dont notice it cause your so busy

objects:what kind of objects?

Offline seaworldgurl1

• Zookeeper
  • dive in
    • Pilialoha
Zoo Went Crazy?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 12:58:06 PM »
another thing you could say is that if your comp doesnt have enough RAM or hard drive memory it cant process it all at one time. in other words, my comp sometimes says that i cannot place an animal because i dont have enough hard drive memory. it needs memory to run the game! also if thats not it, your comp is experiencing RAM probs and it cant run it all at one time, so it doesnt run or include some files. or maybe if u have usermade downloads they r interfering w/ the game or game files.
hope this helps!!=)
:flipper:

(and it could be very simple...your animals are dying lyke pokefan said)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 01:00:13 PM by seaworldgurl1 »

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Zoo Went Crazy?
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 01:01:51 PM »
Are all of your animals happy? The menu won't be accessible to you if they are "being abused"

Also, are you having this problem in multiple zoos or just one?

Offline seaworldgurl1

• Zookeeper
  • dive in
    • Pilialoha
Zoo Went Crazy?
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 01:05:51 PM »
but if only some of the animals and objects are dissapearing, then it couldnt be that the animals are unhappy. bcuz on my ZT1 it wont allow me to adopt any animals when animals are not happy. objects? maybe your zoo rating went down and the objects dissapear when it goes down. say if something requires 3 stars, and you have 3 stars and you just unlocked the object. if your rating goes down to 2 stars, then the object might go away.

im srry if any information im providing might be wrong. i havent played ZT1 in a looong time!

Offline KalykoKatt

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Went Crazy?
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 02:28:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure my computer has enough RAM, but I'll have to look into it.  I just got this Dell laptop for Christmas, and I know for sure there is /lots/ of memory on the hard drive.

My animals and guests are happy (about 96%).  I haven't downloaded anything.  As I said, this is my first ever zoo.  I just got this for Christmas also.  I can adopt animals and place objects... It's just certain ones that were there on the menu now are not.  Objects: Elephant Ride & Carousel  Animals: Red Kangaroo & Sea Lion  The weird thing is that I was about to place a sea lion and it disapeared from the menu before my eyes.  Very strange...

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Zoo Went Crazy?
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 03:06:07 PM »
Have you tried to see if the files are there in a different zoo though? We can't really help you a whole lot unless you try it out. :thumbsup:

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
Zoo Went Crazy?
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 04:03:33 AM »
This seems very strange indeed.... Th problem might be the RAM as was said before :original:

Offline Dandelion Mane

• Zookeeper
Zoo Went Crazy?
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 02:11:11 PM »
That happens when i use map editor somtims.

Offline KalykoKatt

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Went Crazy?
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 12:18:23 AM »
Yeah, I've started a different zoo, and everything is there.  Very strange.  I do have 512 MB of RAM, so I really don't think that's it.  No matter.  My first zoo taught me a whole lot.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Offline Silver_Gryphon

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Went Crazy?
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 03:31:29 AM »
hope it all works out and nothing else goes wrong for you, cos that's a weird one