Author Topic: "i Can't See Any Animals From Here!"  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
"i Can't See Any Animals From Here!"
« on: October 19, 2005, 02:55:03 PM »
So I've been working on this zoo, and I have a certain busy viewing area where some of the guests walk up, get happy smiley faces, and think thought about the animal - in this case, a Black Leopard.  Other guests walk up, get mad, and complain that they can't see any animals.

I made sure I was using fences from the game, and not user-made ones, because the last time something similar happened to me that was the problem.  But before, NO ONE could see the animals and now, some can and some can't.

So my question is, has this happened to anyone else?  Can anyone think of a reason some guests would be able to see and not others?  Are the guests in ZT2 not able to see if too many other people are in their way?  Is there only a certain amount of time between a guest trying to look at an animal to the time they get upset and say they can't see any?  Could it be the exhibit is too big and there aren't enough animals?

The thing is, the guests who give me this error seem to do it pretty quickly, almost right away.  And when I drop into guest mode and stand where they're standing, I can see animals just fine.

(I wasn't sure if this would be in Tech Support or Strategies - depends on whether it turns out to be a glitch or something I'm doing wrong, I guess - so I figured for now I'd put this in General and it can be moved if necessary.)

Offline otusasio451

• Zookeeper
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 03:09:14 PM »
That happened to me once on an ibex exhibit. It is weird  :huh , but it's probably just because of their position :happy  No need to worry.

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 03:50:26 PM »
If the exhibit is more than nine tiles, (fence lengths deep), the guest cannot see the animals if they are in the back of the exhibit.

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 05:18:09 PM »
And these comments do seem to be influenced by the size of the group.  I had a glitch-like situation where everyone wanted to be at the snow leopard exhibit and wouldn't go anywhere else!  In a couple years ZT2 time, I had like 3 exhibits without any donations, and one of them was my panda enclosure! :blink   I finally had to close the zoo and reopen it after everyone finally left.  But, I've also seen crowding bring down happiness in "normal" games, as well.

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 10:04:39 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

At least a couple of times there was definitely an animal right in front of the exhibit.

I'm thinking it's the crowd thing.  One of the persons who got mad was standing in front of (and looking over) people sitting on benches enjoying the exhibit, maybe they can't "see" over those, although I could when I was in guest mode.

That's interesting about closing the zoo, I wonder if it's better to close the zoo sometimes.  It might be better for people distribution, especially if you're still building the zoo.  I've definitely noticed that if you build a new exhibit everyone in the zoo flocks over there and abandons all the other exhibits.

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 11:58:59 AM »
Yeah, it is a good idea to close the zoo periodically, especially if you're not getting many new admissions because a bunch of people have been there for 2 years!!! :lol  This will help your revenue.  When I had the problem over the snow leopard exhibit, the last couple people were really stubborn and I had to keep picking them up and placing them by the exit until they finally left!!

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 04:33:13 PM »
HAHA, that's really funny!  It just brought to mind how funny I would look if a hand just picked me up and dropped me at an exit of a store or restaurant!   :lol