Author Topic: A Question?  (Read 859 times)

Offline neon_dream

• Pooper Scooper
A Question?
« on: December 30, 2005, 02:18:48 PM »
Ok, I have download the Albino skins and cariabo skins too and they aren't working on the those animals. Also, I have download some other animals, and its still not working. I have retryed this over... and is downloading it 2 times and nothing pops up? can someone help please?

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
A Question?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 03:20:37 PM »
can you tell us where you put the downloads ? That woud help alot . This is where they should go: For .z2f files pu them in C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/ZooTycoon 2 . .dl files can be put in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\downloads\zootycoon_com_zt2_1033 .

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
A Question?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 03:29:04 PM »
Well, some of us have had that problem and the solution (just applies to ZT2 and ZT2 ES) seems to be:

1) after unzipping (you will need WinZip) the files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
2) inside that folder, you'll see another folder, created by the MAKER (e.g. exitree, penguinman, martin1990)
3) inside THAT folder will be yet ANOTHER folder (e.g. arctic fox), plus a .dl file also called arctic fox
4) cut the zoo tycoon 2 file (inside that 2nd folder) and paste it next to the arctic fox .dl file
6) Now you have two files side by side, both named arctic fox
5) then, take both THOSE files (artic fox.dl and arctic fox.zoo tycoon 2) and CUT and PASTE them into
6) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2
7) This virtually always fixes the problem

Some computers are configured differently, and some won't 'recognize' those individual or download folders. Mine, for instance, won't. I always have to do the above to get my downloads to work. Hope that helps! :happy

Offline neon_dream

• Pooper Scooper
A Question?
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 07:42:23 PM »
sorry dinwrest... it didn't work for me.. but thanks to cleesburg it worked!!!!! Thanks sooo much!!