Author Topic: Food containers  (Read 1143 times)

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
Food containers
« on: January 19, 2005, 12:02:56 AM »
Posted by: doglover Dec. 4 2004, 06:23 AM
Once an animal in my zoo killed another animal and the carcass became a food container. It could be refilled like other containers.  

Posted by: mak1027 Dec. 4 2004, 02:29 PM
I had this happen as well ....I put a moose in with the grizzly to complete the stalking/killing photo challenge and the moose carcass became the animal carcass "food dish", but when you mouse over it it still comes up as moose 3  

Posted by: Purring Tiger Dec. 4 2004, 02:31 PM
 weird. I'll have to try that.  

Posted by: Zoo_Master Dec. 4 2004, 03:01 PM
I think that killed animals go to nothing but ribs as soon as they die. Then their ribs are used as food containers, but they are still the animal.  

Posted by: sara_dippity Dec. 4 2004, 04:00 PM
Ok, thats hysterical. Do you have to have the rib containers unlocked and researched, or is it a freebie no matter what?  

Posted by: TerrierMom Dec. 4 2004, 04:29 PM
If you click on the dead animal, it says something along the lines of: "Carcass of Cheetah 3'  You can sell the carcass for money  

Posted by: Moose Dec. 5 2004, 01:32 PM
I noticed that, too. I guess they wanted to have something happen to the animal after being attacked by another one unlike in ZT1.  

Posted by: Ratqueen Dec. 5 2004, 03:47 PM
(sara_dippity @ Dec. 4 2004, 08:00 PM)
Ok, thats hysterical. Do you have to have the rib containers unlocked and researched, or is it a freebie no matter what?  

It's a freebie, but it only becomes available after your Zoo Fame gets higher (can't remember at how many stars... maybe 3 or 4?), as it is the preferred food dish for carnivores.

I noticed that if I have both a through with meat and a carcass container with meat in an exhibit, carnivores always go to the carcass first if it's not in use already and is not empty. They like it a lot more than the piles of meat or other containers.  

Posted by: flamethrower Dec. 5 2004, 04:04 PM
Because it's fresh meat.  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Dec. 5 2004, 08:10 PM
When I fed a gazelle to the crocodiles, they seemed to love eating from the gazelle carcass...and what is kind of gross is that the zookeeper would replenish it too!  

Posted by: toxckrayon Dec. 6 2004, 11:14 AM
i don't think you need a particular fame level for the carcass. you just need to let a predator chow down on its prey. however, the cheapest prey being $2000, it's a long way to go for just the effect.

when your fame does get high enough, however, you can purchase a faux carcass rack (forgot what it's made of)  

Posted by: Ratqueen Dec. 6 2004, 11:29 PM
Yes, what I meant is that we need a certain Zoo Fame to be able to *purchase* one, and that it wasn't an object that needed to be unlocked with a challenge or campaign  Any killed animal becomes a carcass/food container at any Zoo Fame level.

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
Food containers
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 12:02:56 AM »
Posted by: doglover Dec. 4 2004, 06:23 AM
Once an animal in my zoo killed another animal and the carcass became a food container. It could be refilled like other containers.  

Posted by: mak1027 Dec. 4 2004, 02:29 PM
I had this happen as well ....I put a moose in with the grizzly to complete the stalking/killing photo challenge and the moose carcass became the animal carcass "food dish", but when you mouse over it it still comes up as moose 3  

Posted by: Purring Tiger Dec. 4 2004, 02:31 PM
 weird. I'll have to try that.  

Posted by: Zoo_Master Dec. 4 2004, 03:01 PM
I think that killed animals go to nothing but ribs as soon as they die. Then their ribs are used as food containers, but they are still the animal.  

Posted by: sara_dippity Dec. 4 2004, 04:00 PM

Posted by: TerrierMom Dec. 4 2004, 04:29 PM
If you click on the dead animal, it says something along the lines of: "Carcass of Cheetah 3'  You can sell the carcass for money  

Posted by: Moose Dec. 5 2004, 01:32 PM
I noticed that, too. I guess they wanted to have something happen to the animal after being attacked by another one unlike in ZT1.  

Posted by: Ratqueen Dec. 5 2004, 03:47 PM
(sara_dippity @ Dec. 4 2004, 08:00 PM)

It's a freebie, but it only becomes available after your Zoo Fame gets higher (can't remember at how many stars... maybe 3 or 4?), as it is the preferred food dish for carnivores.

I noticed that if I have both a through with meat and a carcass container with meat in an exhibit, carnivores always go to the carcass first if it's not in use already and is not empty. They like it a lot more than the piles of meat or other containers.  

Posted by: flamethrower Dec. 5 2004, 04:04 PM
Because it's fresh meat.  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Dec. 5 2004, 08:10 PM
When I fed a gazelle to the crocodiles, they seemed to love eating from the gazelle carcass...and what is kind of gross is that the zookeeper would replenish it too!  

Posted by: toxckrayon Dec. 6 2004, 11:14 AM
i don't think you need a particular fame level for the carcass. you just need to let a predator chow down on its prey. however, the cheapest prey being $2000, it's a long way to go for just the effect.

when your fame does get high enough, however, you can purchase a faux carcass rack (forgot what it's made of)  

Posted by: Ratqueen Dec. 6 2004, 11:29 PM
Yes, what I meant is that we need a certain Zoo Fame to be able to *purchase* one, and that it wasn't an object that needed to be unlocked with a challenge or campaign  Any killed animal becomes a carcass/food container at any Zoo Fame level.