Author Topic: White Tigers  (Read 9099 times)

Offline ace3457

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2006, 09:30:14 AM »
Haven't been on in a long time. Has anybody gotten any baby white tigers?

Offline brownwolf

• Zookeeper
    • http://
White Tigers
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2006, 10:11:04 AM »
I'm curious, so I'm going to breed tigers like crazy, breeding many different generations. I'll see what happens.

I think a contest would be a great idea. But wouldn't some people just cheat?

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
White Tigers
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2006, 10:44:50 AM »
Guys, I am at my wit's end with this issue!! :tear  I think I'm on my 4th generation (could be 5th but I'm not sure) and STILL NO white bengal babies!!! :grrr  I even edited the bengal behavior file so that my females would have bigger litters!!  I think I only have one of my original white bengals hanging on to life by a thread (in a sea full of normal colored-descendants!!)!!  If people made false claims to having white bengal babies as a joke, I am not laughing!!!  Hopefully someone else will have the break-through litter!! :huh

Offline atlantiswinter

• Zookeeper
White Tigers
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2006, 11:28:57 AM »
I'm not sure that having a white baby bengal is at all possible. I carried on a zoo for over 10 game-years and had a population of tigers that was thriving so well that it was almost impossible to keep up with the number of births. I had about seven different females of all different generations giving birth, and not one single white baby was ever spotted. I have, of course, had a number of white tiger adoptions, but never a baby, not even when breeding two whites together.

Forgive my skepticism, but I really don't believe that varient skins on babies is possible, as I have never once seen it for *any* animal species, and I've been playing the game for awhile now and had some pretty long-running zoos.

However, I will admit that being proved wrong here would be nice. I'd love to have varient babies!  :)

• Zookeeper
White Tigers
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2006, 01:32:22 PM »
I have had baby jaguars that appear to have different spot patterns, but maybe my mind is playing tricks on me!!

But seriously, what is the point of adding variant skins to the game and add the family tree detail, if you're not going to program the game to apply skins to offspring based on some probability??  Is there still a thread for Questions for Blue Fang somewhere??  I reallly wish they could answer that!!!  Or at least tell us whether the white bengal babies are even possible, so I don't have to drive myself crazy trying keep like 60 big cats happy!!!  No matter how many zookeepers I assign to that exhibit they never rake enough poo!!  Practically every other message I get now is "Bengal Tiger xx (or Jaguar xx) dislikes being in such a smelly exhibit!!" :angry

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2006, 01:49:29 PM »
Originally posted by Wildlife Enthusiast@Mar 13 2006, 04:32 PM
Is there still a thread for Questions for Blue Fang somewhere??  I reallly wish they could answer that!!!
Yes, there is and you can find it located here. Go ask them! Eventually they may answer, or, if not, at least maybe include the variant skins in the new AA expansion! :whistle

Offline Winxhorse

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.winxclub.tv
White Tigers
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2006, 06:24:13 PM »
To tell you the turth I`ve never tried but I will I will tell you if I do breed any!:)

Offline ace3457

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2006, 06:29:15 AM »
i'm way past the third generation and still no white tiger babies. :sad

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2006, 08:07:03 AM »
I don't think that baby white tigers exist - someone was fibbing !! :whistle

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
White Tigers
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2006, 11:05:56 AM »
white tiger babies definitely do exist.  However on my latest zoo, I think something got messed up so I don't have any of the new skins (moose, cheetah, white tiger, etc.)

Offline brownwolf

• Zookeeper
White Tigers
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2006, 11:11:48 AM »
Okay...I'm way past the 4th generation and I have had over 100 tiger babies. None of them are white.

I think that white babies are a hoax. I want to ask Blue Fang. I'm still going to keep trying, though.

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
White Tigers
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2006, 01:32:18 PM »
Ive never had white tiger cubs either.  Mabye its because regular Bengal Tiger genes are more prevailant than white tiger's are? :lol

Offline OXMASTER

• Zookeeper
White Tigers
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2006, 01:54:19 PM »
i do think white tiger cubs are in there somewhere but maybe to influence realitlity BF made the odds of w. tiger babies are the same in real as in the game  :crying  1/10,000

Offline Unicornz

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2006, 03:21:22 PM »
I remember seeing a baby white tiger in one of the pics released for ES, yet there appears to be none in the game.  You'd think White tiger + White Tiger would equal White tiger, scientifically it would, white tigers shouldn't have orange babies, as white tigers do not carry the gene for orange fur.  I'll post the pic when I find out where I saw it...

Offline ace3457

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2006, 03:42:46 PM »
I do think white tiger cubs are in there somewhere but maybe to influence realitlity BF made the odds of w. tiger babies are the same in real as in the game  1/10,000

If that's really the odds, how come it's so easy to adopt white tigers?

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2006, 08:30:33 PM »
Originally posted by Unicornz@Mar 15 2006, 06:21 PM
I remember seeing a baby white tiger in one of the pics released for ES, yet there appears to be none in the game.  You'd think White tiger + White Tiger would equal White tiger, scientifically it would, white tigers shouldn't have orange babies, as white tigers do not carry the gene for orange fur.  I'll post the pic when I find out where I saw it...
When the cover was first released, there was a baby white tiger on the cover, with it's white parent. However, there are no baby white tigers in the game. If you have them, I want pictures.

In fact, it is more realistic if the chance of a baby white tiger is 1/4, because tigers who carry the gene will readily pass it on if they are bred to a tiger who also carries the gene.

Offline mysticat

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2006, 11:19:13 AM »
Must I break out the Punnet Square?   :rolleyes   Though I don't know the exact genetics for white/orange tigers, you could have numerous ratios depending on how the dominant/recessive genes are expressed.  I'm pretty sure that they didn't do that when designing the game, therefore, no white tiger babies.

Offline Russ1

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2006, 03:38:06 PM »
I'm glad I've found this thread. I've started a project to see if I can get a whole zoo of white tigers with only buying a few pairs. I was gald to hear the white only shows through in the third generations (wonder why). But is that with ALL white tigers being used in the family tree?
Edit: I was wondering about genetics and all too. A great game would be where every now and then a baby is born with something a little different e.g. bigger ears. (I'm doing genetics at college right now so it would be great to see evoluton at work).

Offline Unicornz

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2006, 04:11:25 PM »
HERE is the correct science in the real world.  White tigers should only have white babies.  I am starting an experiment today with 36 breeding pairs of white tigers.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
White Tigers
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2006, 04:32:28 PM »
I've made a zoo with only white tigers... i'll run it tonight and see if i can get some white tiger pictures.

• Zookeeper
White Tigers
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2006, 04:40:26 PM »
Crookshankz227,Mar 15 2006, 11:30 PM][Unicornz,Mar 15 2006, 06:21 PM]In fact, it is more realistic if the chance of a baby white tiger is 1/4, because tigers who carry the gene will readily pass it on if they are bred to a tiger who also carries the gene.

Actually, I'm, pretty sure the "white tiger" issue is far more rare than a tradition dominant versus recessive punnett square calculation, because all "captive" white tigers are descendants of cross-bred and/or inbred tigers, so even if white tigers did occur in the wild among a pure bengal population at the rate of 1 in 4 when breeding a white bengal with an orange, mutant carrier, a huge percentage of any white offspring would not pass nature's "survival if the fittest" standards.  But because claims of sightings in the wild haven't happened in many years, I'm more inclined to think that if this does happen in pure bengals (which is probably not very likely, since this is not an "albino variant"), it would be more likely to be caused from a random/spontaneous allele mutation during gestation.  I have posted a link to this sanctuary before, but I'm posting it again for anyone who may be interested.  Big Cat Rescue

At any rate, I just want to see one in the game, b/c it is a game and it would be cute, but I don't think the programmer's would find a definititive formula for calculating this particular variant, unless they want to allow for a bengal/siberian hybrid, I guess.  I just want some variant to obviously show up in offspring!  But I definitely do not like seeing white tigers on exhibit in real zoos, because it makes me question the motives of the zoo owners who breed them!

Offline Unicornz

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2006, 04:52:34 PM »
A white tiger could easily occur in the wild, but just less frequenly, and with more of a chance of a predator seeing a white ball of fluff and eating it O_o.

And, white is a recessive gene.  See here again.

Offline Liger Girl

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2006, 05:28:18 PM »
Not to be off-topic, but I wish we could have a white male lion and a white female tiger to breed and have a white liger! :w00t  I think that be sooo beautiful, sence a regular liger is very lovely!!  But then I wish we could put a regular male lion and a regular female tiger to breed and just have a regualr liger  :shocked But,yeah ;) that's just me! I love hybrids!! :D I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY RRREEEAAAALLLLYYYY HOPE WE CAN IN AA :jumping

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2006, 06:20:59 PM »
Wildlife Enthusiast, I have visted Big Cat Rescue site many times (not from your link), so I know what a good site it is. I agree with you about the probabilities of 'natural' white tigers. And, Unicornz, it could 'easily occur', but not very LIKELY. And you both are entirely right about the 'natural selection' process. A white tiger would first - be seen instantly by any prey he was trying to stalk and consequently fail to kill, resulting in his eventual starvation. Also, while an infant, he would be seen by other predators and likely would not reach the adult stage anyway.

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2006, 06:41:54 PM »
True csleesburg - and I am 99.99999% sure that BF did not use the concept of genetics here (I learned about reccesive/dominant genes while breeding double tailed betta splendens). No white tiger babies. But I have a question : when a baby animal grows up, is there any chance of it having a variant skin ?