Author Topic: White Tigers  (Read 9100 times)

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2006, 06:45:57 PM »
If you mean turn white - No. There is no chance of that, sorry to say. :sad

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
White Tigers
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2006, 02:25:02 AM »
Originally posted by Unicornz@Mar 17 2006, 08:52 AM
A white tiger could easily occur in the wild, but just less frequenly, and with more of a chance of a predator seeing a white ball of fluff and eating it O_o.

And, white is a recessive gene. See here again.
The Punnett square shows the probabilities that certain combinations of genes will be inherited from two creatures. It says nothing about the actual frequency of a particular gene. Strongly adverse mutations (as is a white tiger in the wild) or recent mutations would have a frequency of much less than 1 in 4.

Offline OXMASTER

• Zookeeper
White Tigers
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2006, 04:38:20 PM »
Originally posted by ace3457@Mar 15 2006, 05:42 PM
I do think white tiger cubs are in there somewhere but maybe to influence realitlity BF made the odds of w. tiger babies are the same in real as in the game  1/10,000

If that's really the odds, how come it's so easy to adopt white tigers? [/b]
because adopting and breeding are 2 differnt things cause zoos can adopt white tigers easily but breeding is much more difficult for zoos.

Offline Dragon Mistress

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
White Tigers
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2006, 07:14:20 PM »
i'v had a white baby tiger. however i had the zoo open for like ten years and almost the whole zoo was a tiger exibit so i had a lot. if i had to guess it was between the fiftenth and twenty-first generation. somewhere in there. keep at it you'll get one someday

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2006, 07:28:41 PM »
Could you please post pictures ?

Offline Dragon Mistress

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2006, 07:49:36 PM »
shure as soon as i get my camera working right again. and hopefully my little brother hasn't screwed up that zoo i havent looked at it for uh while. (he does that just to ***** me off!! Little brat!!)

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2006, 08:10:30 PM »
I certainly hope he hasn't. If you can post a pic, then I will beleive that baby white tigers exist. Otherwise, nobody seems to have got them. Could you post a pic showing it's family tree as well, please ?

Offline Dragon Mistress

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2006, 08:20:29 PM »
k but B4 i go & find it in the ton of zoos i got i'm gonna have to fix my camera the darn thing won't take pictures. nothing i cant fix thow should take me like uh day or 2. then i'll see what i can 4 ya! PROMISE!!

When you return, Dragon Mistress, please do not use 'chatspeak'. Most of us here cannot understand it. Thank you.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2006, 08:32:40 PM »
If you're having trouble with your game camera, maybe it's because it's full of pictures. It will only hold 24 at a time. You need to go into your Album and pull the pictures down into it, so that you will have the maximum (24 shots) to use for the pictures of the elusive white tiger baby.

Offline Dragon Mistress

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2006, 08:40:53 PM »
it's not that. there is 0 pictures in my camera. it just planly won't take them. but no worries i'll fix it.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
White Tigers
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2006, 08:41:41 PM »
For some reason I no longer have the extra skins for the animals.  Does anyone have any idea why this might be.  I've re-installed the game and now it isn't working.

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2006, 08:47:20 PM »
Dragon mistress, use the print screen button :
The print screen button is on your keyboard. On mine, it is above "insert" which is above "delete". You open paint, then play the game. When you want to take a picture, you press the button, press start (between Alt & Ctrl on a QWERTY keyboard), go to paint and paste the picture. Then save the picture as a JPG file, not BMP. Then you can upload it on an image hosting site like imageshack.

Offline Dragon Mistress

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2006, 02:58:36 PM »
thanks Crookshankz227 but i've already tried that but my computer has decided to be a you know what. and it's saying 'cannot proccess this action please try again at a later time.' i think it's a problem within my computer itself. looks like i'm going to have to unistall the game and then take apart my computer (again) fix the issue and then reinstall the game. no worries about deleating the zoos thow. i'm going to send them to my friend who will keep them safe for me. i've done it before however it will take me longer to get yall those pictures. i will thow. promise! and hopefully my little brother hasn't done anything (i caught him on my computer early today >_< looking very pleased with himself). i also noticed that you have a Harry Potter quote. which book did it come from? i know i've read it somewhere but can't place it.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
White Tigers
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2006, 04:32:27 PM »
I figured something out in terms of the varient skins.  Having done some programming I've used random functions before.  

Say Blue fang wanted a 1 in 4 chance of producing a white tiger.  They use the game's clock to determine a random number.  Programmers often use the game's clock or the actual clock to determine a random number... for example.  As I write this, my clock says 7:25 PM, Different programming languages interpret this (caried out to fractions of a second) as an integer as opposed to the actual time.  7:25 PM and 36.5 seconds could be represented as 725365.  It's not, but for the purposes of this explanation, it is.  What randomizers will do, is they'll take that current integer time and divide by the number of chances or random numbers that the program wishes to create.  In this case, they want 4 different options.  The program will divide 725365 by 4 and use the remainder as the random number.  This random function can return the numbers: 0, 1, 2 and 3 as possible remainders... in the case I've given, the remainder is 1.  Let's say that the program has decided that whenever this function returns a 0 a white tiger will be created, otherwise a regular bengal tiger will be created.  Because the remainder in the example I gave is a 1, the tiger placed at that exact moment will not be a white tiger.  

For those of you still following me, I've learned that there is no change of whether or not an alternate skin is created if animals are adopted while the game is on pause.  This means that the games random function is tied to the game clock as opposed to the real clock.  This is effectively another "smaller" problem with the game.

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2006, 08:58:45 PM »
AnimalKingdom, you can get variant skins when paused. Pause the game and adopt 20 bengal tigers, then unpause it - you will have white ones.

Dragon mistress the quote is from book 6.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
White Tigers
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2006, 09:05:57 PM »
crookshank, i realize that now... they don't use the game clock.  That being said, I thought for sure I'd seen a varient skinned baby (a white tiger baby specifically), but I'm in year 9 of this zoo and I haven't seen a white tiger baby.  I'm guessing that I won't.

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2006, 12:57:44 PM »
It's wierd that everyone who has a white tiger baby cannot post a picture of it.   :mellow

Dragon Mistress, go into your game and use the print screen button to take a picture if the game camera doesn't work.  Then minimize the game and paste it into your graphics program (microsoft paint works well) and save it as a Jpeg file.  Then you can post it here.  

I tried the third generation theory out myself today.  I started with four pairs of white bengal tigers, who had eight regular babies.  I separated these babies and they had sixteen normal babies, so no, the third generation theory doesn't work.  Maybe if you have a different graphics card than me they will show up, like the reflective water does.

Offline Dragon Mistress

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2006, 06:25:23 PM »
Quess what!? i have the picture but how do you post pictures on this site? can't find it anywhere.

Offline Person

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2006, 06:32:17 PM »
You have to upload the picture to imageshack or something, then post the image here with a thumbnail or a link. I cant' wait to see the picture! :D

Offline Dragon Mistress

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2006, 06:33:52 PM »
thank you! i'll get right on that! ^_~

Offline Dragon Mistress

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2006, 06:49:11 PM »
would someone like to give me there real e-mail address so that i can send all of you this picture then you can post it for me. my stupid computer is still having problems. i think i might kill it!!

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2006, 11:13:36 PM »
Please use the edit button instead of double posting ;) , mods do not like double posting.

You give imageshack your ID, then you get a letter from noreply - which will give you a link.

Wolfclan, I tried the 3rd generation theory, but it didn't work, and my graphics card allows reflective water and everything.

Offline wolfclan4515

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2006, 01:46:16 PM »
No double posting is not allowed.  You have to wait at least an hour before posting here again unless someone else posts before you.  Also, crookshankz, helping mods is not allowed either.  Just a heads up. ;)

There are a number of ways to post pictures.  You can find them here.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
White Tigers
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2006, 03:40:28 PM »
Originally posted by Dragon Mistress@Mar 19 2006, 09:49 PM
would someone like to give me there real e-mail address so that i can send all of you this picture then you can post it for me. my stupid computer is still having problems. i think i might kill it!!
Sure, I'll be glad to give you my email. Just PM me and you can send the picture direct to me. ;)

Offline mysticat

• Pooper Scooper
White Tigers
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2006, 05:41:40 PM »
:rolleyes Wow, I can't wait.  I bet it'll be great.  Yeah, right.