Author Topic: Just Got Zt2 And Es  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Ada

• Zookeeper
Just Got Zt2 And Es
« on: February 19, 2006, 04:43:47 AM »
Well, I was a long ZT1 fan and finally I decided to give ZT2 a go... I just played through the tutorial, 1 challenge and toyed a bit in freeform.

Here are my first impressions:
1) I like the 1 person perspective, its usefull when planning an exhibit, plus it allows you to clean that one little poop in the middle of an iceberg (man, I hated that in ZT1 the couldn't get to trash or poop beyond water)
2) The challenges seem cool for now, although I heard that they are buggy, luckly I didn't expirience it yet.
3) FINALLY no inbreeding! I still remember when in ZT1 I bought just 1 female an 1 male aardwolf and in a year I was reciving messages like : "Aardwolf 56 doesn't like its exhibit..."
4) The major cons of ZT2 is the low amount of animal species and seeing how its much more difficult to make custom ones than in ZT1 the hings are not looking well...
5) The enviroment suitability and similar stats are not shown in percentages, for me this is a big minus. Colorfull graphs are nice if you want to have a quick check if all animals are OK, but when looking at animals in-depth I'd like to have numbers!
6) I found one weird bug: I made a Mus Ox exhibit where one of its sides was the main Zoo wall. The exhibit was fine, but after a month or two I noticed that one Musk Ox escaped the exhibit and was standing on the road outside of the Zoo itself!
The fence of the exhibit was not damaged and the zoo entrance was too far away for this Musk Ox to use it. The only explanation is that the Musk Ox somehow managed to jump through the main Zoo wall... I could understand Monkeys climbing it, I could even understand a Panther jumping over it... but a Musk Ox?!

All in alll the game looks better then I had expected but before there will be more animals available, I will still consider ZT1 the better game of the two.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Just Got Zt2 And Es
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 10:16:57 AM »
Glad you finally 'moved on up', Ada! :lol There are some bugs in ZT2 ES, true. I would suggest you use your Search button to find topics on them.
Here is one to get you started. There are others, too.

p.s. - the Musk Ox escaping IS a known problem, and it's not just the Musk Ox. Camels are particularly good at it! :lol

Offline OryxLuver

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Just Got Zt2 And Es
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 02:00:11 PM »
haha  :lol camels and musk ox masters of escape! i just got ES a little while ago, and i am addicted. I love the giant sable antelopes, and making a HUGE savannah and having a jeep going through it! The one problem i'm having is w/ variations, i havn't seen any yet  :(  does any1 kno how often they come?

Offline HMHorseluver

• Pooper Scooper
Just Got Zt2 And Es
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 02:30:05 PM »
I am only about $3 away from ES. I'm going to get it in March when I get my next allowance. Then I will train my  musk oxes and camels to be the ultimate masters of escape! Muhahahaha! I will make millions! Or I could just build a wicked awesome zoo. That works too.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Just Got Zt2 And Es
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 03:28:05 PM »
Originally posted by OryxLuver@Feb 19 2006, 05:00 PM
haha  :lol camels and musk ox masters of escape! i just got ES a little while ago, and i am addicted. I love the giant sable antelopes, and making a HUGE savannah and having a jeep going through it! The one problem i'm having is w/ variations, i havn't seen any yet  :(  does any1 kno how often they come?
As to the variations, you have to have your graphics settings on High to see them. The trade-off is, is slows the game down. Try tweaking your graphics settings, one at a time, until you get the ones that work best for your computer, yet allow the variants to show up.  ;)

p.s. - as to the escaping, you may see in another thread that I determined that my camels were actually riding the Jeeps out of the exhibit! :hehe

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
Just Got Zt2 And Es
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 03:39:32 PM »
Well, Ada, I have noticed that the red kangaroos, dromedary camels, and musk ox usually manage to escape their exhibits. :lol

Offline Ada

• Zookeeper
Just Got Zt2 And Es
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 08:22:42 AM »
Yeah, thanks for the warning... Do they escape when they are only next to the main Zoo wall, or can they escape from any exhibit?
Also I just got another bug: my Black Panthers are all colored Metallic Blue, even on the high graphics setting.

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
Just Got Zt2 And Es
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 04:43:05 PM »
I don't know what your problem is with the black panther. That's a huge glitch. :angry