Author Topic: help for 'stuck in the water' bug  (Read 1034 times)

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
help for 'stuck in the water' bug
« on: January 19, 2005, 12:11:05 AM »
Posted by: Ramin_Raptor Nov. 24 2004, 04:31 PM
Have you ever had your bengal tiger get stuck in that deep water or your croc well here is the solotion.
Put your deep water in and then around the edges place shallow water so they can get out with out struggling  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 24 2004, 04:33 PM
I've found my peafowls only get stuck if there's water next to a tree and they jump from that tree into the water.

Just my tip: Keep water away from trees in a peafowl exhibit.  

Posted by: Ramin_Raptor Nov. 24 2004, 04:39 PM
My peafowls will alwas go in any water any time and say they are drowning. I never put water with them i just take water bowls and place them around.  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 24 2004, 04:51 PM
well, it's yet to happen to me with the trees away from the water - so I'm continuing to use water in the exhibits.  

Posted by: Ramin_Raptor Nov. 24 2004, 05:19 PM
does any one know of any other animals that get stuck in shallow water for no reason or is the peafowl the only 1?  

Posted by: Purring Tiger Nov. 24 2004, 05:21 PM
Well, in the demo anyway, once in a while the gazells will get stuck.  

Posted by: WhitePanda Nov. 24 2004, 05:54 PM
My red pandas are very good. I build their exhibits with wide waterfalls on a gentle slope. They climb the hill but they're very good about avoiding the large ponds at each end of the mountain. Only animal I ever had a problem with was penguin. It got trapped in a corner between some rocks and couldn't get out to poo etc. so it died :S  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 24 2004, 06:53 PM
I had an elephant stuck in shallow water- i had to pick him up to get him out- he was stuck on the side  

Posted by: Ramin_Raptor Nov. 25 2004, 03:45 AM
for the elephant did it say he was stuck. And is the shallow water 1 a bug  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 25 2004, 05:00 AM
No - it did not say the elephant was stuck- I just watched it for quite some time and it was sliding up and down the bank- it had other needs it could not get to as it was stuck there

Posted by: Kaivo Nov. 25 2004, 09:46 AM
I've had some problems like that, with animals sliding kinda on my lake, with my tiger exhibit. Then again, I have a -very- thin strip of shallow water around the edge.. But the tigers always make it out though.  

Posted by: Ratqueen Nov. 25 2004, 10:27 AM
I've had warnings that some peafowls and kangaroos were stuck in the water, but when I went to look at them to pull them out, they were actually stuck in the GROUND, *far* from the shallow water that was in the exhibit!! There's definitely a bug that needs to be fixed regarding animals stuck in the water...  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 25 2004, 01:21 PM
The land around the water (muddy etc) counts as water for some reason.  

Posted by: Zoo102 Nov. 26 2004, 04:11 PM
My peafowl always get stuck in the water. I have also had okapis with went in the water and it said they were stuck but they just swam around.  

Posted by: yahoo Nov. 26 2004, 08:23 PM
My ostrich(s) and zebra(s) usually get stuck in the water. By the way, how come the giraffe can walk into deep waters and through exhibits ?  

Posted by: Nepenthe Dec. 19 2004, 10:42 AM
My kangaroos looked so silly when they got stuck in the water. Just bouncing around. It didn't seem to bother them, until they started to get hungry.

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
help for 'stuck in the water' bug
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 12:11:05 AM »
Posted by: Ramin_Raptor Nov. 24 2004, 04:31 PM
Have you ever had your bengal tiger get stuck in that deep water or your croc well here is the solotion.
Put your deep water in and then around the edges place shallow water so they can get out with out struggling  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 24 2004, 04:33 PM
I've found my peafowls only get stuck if there's water next to a tree and they jump from that tree into the water.

Just my tip: Keep water away from trees in a peafowl exhibit.  

Posted by: Ramin_Raptor Nov. 24 2004, 04:39 PM
My peafowls will alwas go in any water any time and say they are drowning. I never put water with them i just take water bowls and place them around.  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 24 2004, 04:51 PM
well, it's yet to happen to me with the trees away from the water - so I'm continuing to use water in the exhibits.  

Posted by: Ramin_Raptor Nov. 24 2004, 05:19 PM
does any one know of any other animals that get stuck in shallow water for no reason or is the peafowl the only 1?  

Posted by: Purring Tiger Nov. 24 2004, 05:21 PM
Well, in the demo anyway, once in a while the gazells will get stuck.  

Posted by: WhitePanda Nov. 24 2004, 05:54 PM
My red pandas are very good. I build their exhibits with wide waterfalls on a gentle slope. They climb the hill but they're very good about avoiding the large ponds at each end of the mountain. Only animal I ever had a problem with was penguin. It got trapped in a corner between some rocks and couldn't get out to poo etc. so it died :S  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 24 2004, 06:53 PM
I had an elephant stuck in shallow water- i had to pick him up to get him out- he was stuck on the side  

Posted by: Ramin_Raptor Nov. 25 2004, 03:45 AM
for the elephant did it say he was stuck. And is the shallow water 1 a bug  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 25 2004, 05:00 AM
No - it did not say the elephant was stuck- I just watched it for quite some time and it was sliding up and down the bank- it had other needs it could not get to as it was stuck there

Posted by: Kaivo Nov. 25 2004, 09:46 AM
I've had some problems like that, with animals sliding kinda on my lake, with my tiger exhibit. Then again, I have a -very- thin strip of shallow water around the edge.. But the tigers always make it out though.  

Posted by: Ratqueen Nov. 25 2004, 10:27 AM
I've had warnings that some peafowls and kangaroos were stuck in the water, but when I went to look at them to pull them out, they were actually stuck in the GROUND, *far* from the shallow water that was in the exhibit!! There's definitely a bug that needs to be fixed regarding animals stuck in the water...  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 25 2004, 01:21 PM
The land around the water (muddy etc) counts as water for some reason.  

Posted by: Zoo102 Nov. 26 2004, 04:11 PM
My peafowl always get stuck in the water. I have also had okapis with went in the water and it said they were stuck but they just swam around.  

Posted by: yahoo Nov. 26 2004, 08:23 PM
My ostrich(s) and zebra(s) usually get stuck in the water. By the way, how come the giraffe can walk into deep waters and through exhibits ?  

Posted by: Nepenthe Dec. 19 2004, 10:42 AM
My kangaroos looked so silly when they got stuck in the water. Just bouncing around. It didn't seem to bother them, until they started to get hungry.