Author Topic: Strange Giraffes  (Read 10560 times)

Offline scruffdog

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2006, 11:25:38 AM »
A question... (which is slightly more on-topic than albinos, ligers, tigons, etc.)

Has anyone checked the codes for the white and black rhinos to see if they can interbreed like the giraffes??

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I didn't want to look through all the other posts.

Offline CocoPuff

• Pooper Scooper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2006, 12:42:54 PM »
white and black rhinos? wat kinda kid would they have? a grey rhino? or something like that...

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2006, 02:16:27 PM »
lol, the rhinos arent names after their colors, or at least the white rhino isnt...

Offline Davedogg

• Zookeeper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2006, 02:49:23 PM »
yer white in the case of the rhino is a corruption of wide as spoken by a dutch afrikana in the late 19th century

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2006, 03:59:24 AM »
I was just wondering, do you guys know if the two species of wolves can interbreed? that would be awesome. :cool:

Offline Davedogg

• Zookeeper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2006, 04:36:27 AM »
no definatly not germanwolf the grey wolf does not like the ethiopian one there at all he complains about the smell & gets sick if they are both in the same exhibit

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2006, 06:10:38 AM »
That can be easily modded out. I've already done that.

Offline Davedogg

• Zookeeper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2006, 12:19:18 PM »
im sorry eriorguez i cant see the point in that if you buy the game you might as well play it by the rules if everyone started modding the the game it would turn into chaos very quickly

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2006, 12:52:50 PM »
I don't see how modding the game makes it chaotic, etc. If someone created a mod that fixed zookeeper AI, would that be chaotic?

Offline Davedogg

• Zookeeper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2006, 04:11:32 AM »
not necessarily for fixes no but then that is something that should be undertaken by blue fang but modding what animals breed with what should be left alone

Offline nicholasloh

• Pooper Scooper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2006, 06:06:18 AM »
I don't think anyone has the right to dictate what others should or should not do, Davedogg. They should have the right to edit the space requirements whenever they like and not face criticism. Just FYI, all my animals only require 1+1 space. This is so that I can make the exhibits more realistic.

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2006, 04:08:20 PM »
if someone wants to mod their game its fine. they can even upload it to the server, i have no problem with that, lets just let people be

Offline ilovemyweasel

• Pooper Scooper
hybreeds
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2006, 03:36:46 AM »
has anyone here managed to get the user created downloads too breed with different subspecies, iv tried black leopard / African leopard, Bengal tiger / white tiger, cheetah / king cheetah, and lion / Asian lion but none of them will breed with each other. :crying:

Offline TigerTracks

• Zookeeper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2006, 06:51:48 AM »
I don't use the user created. sry.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2006, 08:09:55 AM »
Quote from: ilovemyweasel
has anyone here managed to get the user created downloads too breed with different subspecies, iv tried black leopard / African leopard, Bengal tiger / white tiger, cheetah / king cheetah, and lion / Asian lion but none of them will breed with each other. :crying:

As most of these user created animals were made before AA none of these inter subspecies breeding would be possible.  This is special coding within AA (and more specifically, the two giraffe's) that allow for this.  The game designers would have to edit their downloads to include this, and as far as I know, none of them have.

Offline Supercroc

• Pooper Scooper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2006, 09:43:36 AM »
I seen in national Geographic that a guy hunting bear and shot a bear. The bear was assumed a Polar bear but had long claws, a hump on its back and spots of brown fur on it. They took the bear in for test and found out it was a hybrid of a Grizzly and a Polar Bear. It would be kool if someone could have those to interbreed in the game.

Offline netherdragon

• Pooper Scooper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2006, 10:05:03 AM »
its amazing that you complain over a little missguided coding (no offence) but in other words this is a good discovery just think we could copy this code and make relative speicise breed. it happens naturaly in the wild ao who cares? besides its just an animated game....:huh:

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2006, 01:17:34 PM »
hybrid animals would need new models, plain and simple

Offline Supercroc

• Pooper Scooper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2006, 01:59:51 PM »
They wouldnt need new models. Any hybrid animal looks similar to its parents in shape and size. So all you would have to do is recolor them. What about the Liger somebody made? That wasnt a new model.

Offline planetkitty

• ZA Designer
  • Zookeeper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2006, 02:32:08 PM »
I've gotton the white tiger download to breed with the bengal tiger download, but it required modding the files first. You have to modify two files from both species you want to breed and it is not as easy as it looks. I am not done fully testing it yet, but the offspring seems to always take after the female, regardless of what the code says.

To give an idea of the difficultity, the first time I tried it, they interbred, but all my african adventure stuff disappeared.

Offline markh

• Pooper Scooper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2006, 07:11:57 AM »
is the masai giraffe with AA

Offline Bjrichards

• Zookeeper
Strange Giraffes
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2006, 07:13:38 AM »
Quote from: markhogan
is the masai giraffe with AA

yes it comes with AA