Author Topic: Question About Easels  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
Question About Easels
« on: January 19, 2005, 05:18:33 AM »
Posted by: mak1027 Jan. 5 2005, 02:22 PM
I was wondering ....once an animal paints a picture on the easel, do you need to replace the easel for another animal to be able to paint or will a blank page magically appear for them to paint on?

Posted by: AmandaPanda Jan. 5 2005, 04:35 PM
I've noticed that when they are done it will just go to blank again. I never replaced mine.

Posted by: That-Parbhu-Guy Jan. 5 2005, 05:01 PM
 i dont replace them and the picture changes  

Posted by: mak1027 Jan. 5 2005, 10:21 PM
oh...okay...thanks!  

Posted by: sheila77 Jan. 6 2005, 01:17 AM
On a side note - you know what I think would be cool? If you could "sell" the painting that the animal creates. Some zoos actually do this. I would buy one.

Wishful thinking.....  

Posted by: mak1027 Jan. 6 2005, 01:47 AM
that would a cool way to make some extra cash for your zoo ....especially since you can't sell the animals anymore

Posted by: yellowrose Jan. 6 2005, 04:18 AM
The African Lion Safari here in Ontario Canada does this with paintings done by one of the Asian Elephants and the money they raise goes to the preservation of the species. I't's a neat idea and probably would have made a fair amount of money for ZT Zoos as well. Maybe someone will figure out how a shop or souvenier booth could sell paintings and figure the programing so this could be done like we do with buildings in ZT 1.

Posted by: Purring Tiger Jan. 6 2005, 09:25 AM
Yah, It would be cool to sell the paintings. I have seen elephant paintings before, and zoos do sell them for quite a bit of $. It could earn some money in your zoo in ZT2 if you are going -$ (bankrupt  )

Posted by: mo15 Jan. 6 2005, 11:17 AM
My easels never go blank, and the pic never changes. maybe they paint the same things and i dont notice, but i always replace mine.

on the topic of selling them, have your animals ever painted a real pic other than a bunch of lines/swishes. my gorillas painted a palm tree

Posted by: mak1027 Jan. 6 2005, 02:27 PM
(mo15 @ Jan. 5 2005, 08:17 PM)
My easels never go blank, and the pic never changes. maybe they paint the same things and i dont notice, but i always replace mine.

on the topic of selling them, have your animals ever painted a real pic other than a bunch of lines/swishes. my gorillas painted a palm tree

I went back and watched my gorillas and yes, everytime a new gorilla went to use the easel the page went blank

My gorillas have painted a palm tree, but my chimps and elephants have only painted abstract paintings

Posted by: Ratqueen Jan. 6 2005, 03:02 PM
My elephants also painted a peanut

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
Question About Easels
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 05:18:33 AM »
Posted by: mak1027 Jan. 5 2005, 02:22 PM
I was wondering ....once an animal paints a picture on the easel, do you need to replace the easel for another animal to be able to paint or will a blank page magically appear for them to paint on?

Posted by: AmandaPanda Jan. 5 2005, 04:35 PM
I've noticed that when they are done it will just go to blank again. I never replaced mine.

Posted by: That-Parbhu-Guy Jan. 5 2005, 05:01 PM
 i dont replace them and the picture changes  

Posted by: mak1027 Jan. 5 2005, 10:21 PM
oh...okay...thanks!  

Posted by: sheila77 Jan. 6 2005, 01:17 AM
On a side note - you know what I think would be cool? If you could "sell" the painting that the animal creates. Some zoos actually do this. I would buy one.

Wishful thinking.....  

Posted by: mak1027 Jan. 6 2005, 01:47 AM
that would a cool way to make some extra cash for your zoo ....especially since you can't sell the animals anymore

Posted by: yellowrose Jan. 6 2005, 04:18 AM
The African Lion Safari here in Ontario Canada does this with paintings done by one of the Asian Elephants and the money they raise goes to the preservation of the species. I't's a neat idea and probably would have made a fair amount of money for ZT Zoos as well. Maybe someone will figure out how a shop or souvenier booth could sell paintings and figure the programing so this could be done like we do with buildings in ZT 1.

Posted by: Purring Tiger Jan. 6 2005, 09:25 AM
Yah, It would be cool to sell the paintings. I have seen elephant paintings before, and zoos do sell them for quite a bit of $. It could earn some money in your zoo in ZT2 if you are going -$ (bankrupt  )

Posted by: mo15 Jan. 6 2005, 11:17 AM

Posted by: mak1027 Jan. 6 2005, 02:27 PM
(mo15 @ Jan. 5 2005, 08:17 PM)

I went back and watched my gorillas and yes, everytime a new gorilla went to use the easel the page went blank

My gorillas have painted a palm tree, but my chimps and elephants have only painted abstract paintings

Posted by: Ratqueen Jan. 6 2005, 03:02 PM
My elephants also painted a peanut