Author Topic: A Question about exhibits  (Read 1094 times)

Offline jakhill32

• Pooper Scooper
A Question about exhibits
« on: July 28, 2006, 07:55:37 AM »
I've seen many exhibits like this but i try to do it and it all screws up.
I mean the exhibits that are in a pit. I know how to lower/raise land but how do you guys make it so its not just little hills every where and its not flat???

thanks
jak

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 08:25:58 AM »
Well, I've never done it, but I think first you make a small indention in the middle of the exhibit with the cliff tool.  Then you even the rest of the exhibit to that.

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 10:06:03 AM »
What you do is first put a pit in the ground (using he pit tool), at the depth of your liking. Then, use the flatten terrain tool to smooth out the exhibit to the size you want it to be. Surround the top of the pit with fencing, and there you have it.

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 11:20:25 AM »
What I do is create a flat pit first, then adjust the terrain in the pit using the hills button. If you make them too extreme then you can use the soften terrain button (next to the flatten terrain)

Alternatively you can raise the land around the exhibit using the cliff tool (meaning you don't have to adjust the bottom) and smoothen the areas of cliff around until you can build a path up the side without it turning yellow (where it is too steep for guests to climb)

Offline AnimalKeeper95

• Pooper Scooper
Giraffes
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 12:12:44 PM »
this is usually used the best with giraffes, the guests seem to enjoy looking at one in the eye, and, if it is a destructive animal you might want to put a fence around it in case of a glitch.