Author Topic: Can Animals be placed in other biomes?  (Read 4644 times)

Offline yamicat_mage

• Pooper Scooper
Can Animals be placed in other biomes?
« on: November 14, 2006, 12:55:28 PM »
Ok, my question is: Is it ok to place animals in other biomes other them the suggested ones? Like will camels be ok in scrub? Or wolves in temperate forests? Or is it just better to place them in the correct biome? :hmmm:

Offline dragon_rider05

• Zookeeper
  • Wolves;You've gotta love 'em!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 01:00:03 PM »
you SHOULD put animals in the suggested biome, but you could put them in others. They won't be as happy and sometimes might get sick, so i don't really recomend it.:wink:

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 01:02:05 PM »
yes, you can place them in other biomes, but there are limits to what biomes they will accept. as long as the habitat suitability is in the green youre fine. grassland is accepted by most animals. and in mm, pelagic is the most preferred.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 01:07:25 PM »
Some animals are compatible with multiple biomes. To see if an animal is okay with the biome you put them in, put them in the biome you wish and then click on the animal. There is a little box with a rock and a plant or something in it; this is how happy the animal is with the biome. If that box is completely empty, the animal is entirely happy with the biome. If its covered by any amount of green, then the animal would prefer a different biome, but its okay with the one it's in. If its covered in any amount of red, then the animal is not at ALL pleased and will not be happy at all in that biome.

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 03:42:55 PM »
Yes, they can be. But use common sense - bears don't like desert! All land animals like grassland except penguins. All marine animals like pelagic.

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 05:06:57 PM »
It depends on the biome. All the animals have a rating for a biome from -10 to 10. The higher the rating the more they will like the biome. Certain animals like most from the AA expansion are compatible with scrub and savannah.

Off Topic: 1 more post until I get Senior Zookeeper!

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 12:38:33 AM »
It's great to put animals in 'alien' biomes. they don't mind ( as long as it's sensible, IE don't put camels in tundra), but I find guests complain.  :angry:

Offline zookeeper601

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/zk601navigation/
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 08:04:37 AM »
Quote from: dootdoot;157279
Yes, they can be. But use common sense - bears don't like desert! All land animals like grassland except penguins. All marine animals like pelagic.

Actually the both penguins are okay in grassland but they will not be too happy. Only 33% happiness (yellow) for E.P. and higher for R.P.

All animal biomes can be found on the site in my sig (please delete if this is not allowed). Just click on animal biomes on the side.

EDIT: Almost forgot, yamicat_mage, both wolves are happy in T Forest and the camel is fine in scrub.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 08:06:48 AM by zookeeper601 »

Offline Wild One

• Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 08:41:44 AM »
Yes, many animals can be placed in many biomes. Jaguars can be placed in savannah, lions can be placed in tropical rainforest, grey wolves and girzzlies like tundra, and so on. So the answer, yes, many animals can be placed in different biomes. :original:

Offline JasmineKor

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »
My Scrub and Grassland exhibits share a wall and a gate.  Once my two secretary birds (reccomended for Grassland) escaped into the Scrub exhibit.  They were so content I didn't even notice until I went to check on the Grassland exhibit and they weren't there.

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 02:49:30 PM »
LOL! Yeah, I guess animals love other biomes, but guests hate it..

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 04:26:25 PM »
You can also program animals to like certain biomes but I wouldn't suggest it unless you have a lot of coding experience.

Offline 2fishy4u

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 07:34:38 AM »
You can put crocodiles in the desert and some savannah animals in the desert

Offline 2fishy4u

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 07:35:13 AM »
Also does anyone know where to find some good zoo 2 downloads???

[modnotice=RedNotDead]You keep being asked to use the edit button not to double post yet you continue to do so[/modnotice]

Offline starwolfie

• Zookeeper
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 07:19:26 PM »
some scrub animals are okay in  savannah (i.e gemsbok) i know this because i too have had animals escape into a different exhibet

Offline Wolf

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 04:27:41 PM »
Quote from: dootdoot;157279

Do every land animal like grassland? I did a grassland zoo but many animals complain.

Offline Army Kid

• Zookeeper
  • Computer Geek!
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 05:01:53 PM »
I sometimes put Secretary Birds, Gemsboks, Gerenuks, Nile Crocodiles, Flamingoes, Aardvarks, and many other animals in a savannah biome. Sometimes I but Gray Wolves in tundra. They are all quite content with this. The DD2 animals, however, do not seem to like any other biome than that which they were programmed for. I.E. the Tyrannosaurus Rex cannot be placed in Savannah. (Well, he can, but he sure won't like it!)

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2006, 05:24:23 PM »
DD animals are very hard to work with, because they are not 100% compatible with anything. T-Rex is only compatible with Carnotaurus, and Trike is only compatible with Styrac (and I guess elephants, rhinos and hippos could work).
But, yeah, out of the fully compatible animals, the only ones that don't require modding to be together are Lynx/Caracal and Javan/African rhinos.

Offline Admiral_Aorta

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2006, 08:05:08 PM »
The manatees are completely satisfied in wetlands. The beluga and walrus are compatible with alpine for some reason.

Offline duhfur

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 09:20:09 PM »
has anyone made a nice list of what is ok in what?

Offline KookyKoopa12

• Zookeeper
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 10:17:06 PM »
Not really, but my brother has learned that the tiger doesn't mind the savanna, but would pretty much prefer tropical forest. He tried mating a lion and a tiger to get a liger, but we all know that doesn't work!

Offline Goldenmarmoset

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Can Animals be placed in other biomes?
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 12:40:04 PM »
All that I have found out is that ring tail lemurs like temperate forest and lions like almost all the biomes except tundra and mm biomes.

Offline Albino Lion

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 01:04:50 PM »
At ZTUF they have an entire guide on what biomes animals are compatible with.

Offline BottleNoseDolphin1

• Zookeeper
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 06:42:57 PM »
I wonder why BF switched the gemsbok from desert (ZT1) to scrub (ZT2) I still put them in desert though, and they are just fine  :hmmm:

Offline Luna Sundiver

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 04:01:23 AM »
I found that the african buffalo is perfectly happy in Savannah. The black leopard doesn't mind savannah either... be warned though, don't mix them with cheetahs, they'll kill them if they get the chance (I learned that the hard way... :boohoo:)