Author Topic: Can Animals be placed in other biomes?  (Read 4645 times)

Offline Seraphii

• Signed, sealed, delivered
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
Re: Can Animals be placed in other biomes?
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 07:38:58 AM »
Not only are most animals able to "switch" biomes, you may prefer them in other biomes! =)
I like to place my Orcas and GWS in Costal.
Hammerheads look REALLY cool (i.m.o.) in benthic and reef.
I like a mix of scrub/desert with my camels, and I love combining boreal, wetlands, and a bit of pelagic with my beavers and moose!
Spectacled bears and Tapirs look pretty cool with a mix of TR and temperate, and a bit of alpine.
One of the best parts of this game, is that YOU get to decide what your exhibits are like! I have made multiple biome exhibits, like a Chimp exhibit with Costal/Tropical rainforest/scrub/wetlands/benthic!
It all depends on you! ^_^

Offline Panda Lover

• Pooper Scooper
    • PandaMania
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 09:08:14 AM »
I sometimes put my Great White Sharks in Reef and they look good!

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 01:39:26 PM »
I had mod all the animals I have but the DD ones (User Downloads too) to be comfortable in any biome. It's really easy: How an animal likes a biome is determined with a value from 10 to -10, with 10 being perfect comfortability and -10 being total uncomfortability. 0 and above means an animal is comfortable there, but anything under -5 means uncopatibility. Just a few tweaks change how they are.

Offline Hughesy

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Pretty kitty
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 02:35:04 AM »
I had wrote  big article on what every animal liked on zoo tek but i lost it now and the werdiest result was the lemur liked the savannah :eggthumup

Offline KalahariMeerkat

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 08:07:03 PM »
Yes.  Some animals can. I wouldn't put a polar bear in desert or a camel in tundra though.  A lot of scrub and desert animals can live in savannah with no problem.   Ratels and secetary birds do fine there too.  

Offline Red-Panda-Freak

• Zookeeper
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 09:30:38 PM »
animals can go in similar biomes (savannah -> scrub/desert, alpine -> tundra, and vice versa).  It helps if you choose a ground biome, let's say tundra, then add foliage, rocks, and trees from another biome, let's say alpine.  That way you could have caribou with markhors, making a really cool mixed exhibit.