Author Topic: Zoo keepers  (Read 3570 times)

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
Zoo keepers
« on: February 13, 2007, 01:09:25 PM »
Has your zoo keeper done something stupid?
Did he try get the cat poo but couldn't even though it was right in front of him?
Are you desperately needing to tell someone about them?
Then post here!!

You post the stupid things your keepers have done here.

The stupidest thing mine has done was cage a beaver when it was safely enclosed in its exhibit.  :wacko:  

Offline Silver_Gryphon

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Zoo keepers
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 02:59:01 PM »
My keepers do stupid stuff all the time, so where do I start? The 'Cannot reach blah' is a great one, I ignore them when they come up now, cos usually the blah is within easy reach. What really annoys me is when the keeper complains he can't reach it when he's in the wrong exhibit. That really ticks me off  :angry:  What else...? Oh yeah, a good one was the guests running away from my camel, so my keeper went and crated it. Why, I'm not sure - the camel was in its exhibit 'eating hay from the food trough' :blink:  :D

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 07:23:20 PM »
Oh i have a ton to say, but let me tell you this...

An elephant was safely enclosed in its exhibit, when suddenly it went like wild out the exhibit! :eleph: :eleph: :eleph:
But my zookeepers totally ignored them. they sat on the bench doing nothing.

later, a penguin got out of its exhibit. :penguin: Then my Keepers were running like crazy to crate it. Like a penguin's gonna kill everyone. lol

their so dumb.  :wacko:

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 01:51:07 PM »
A message show up that says a zookeeper can't reach a dirty animal when a zookeeper is walking by it or actually cleaning it. 

Zookeepers are silly! :slol:

Offline catfan

• Zookeeper
  • Small or big, don't mess with the cat!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 02:34:54 PM »
My zookeepers do the same thing that your guy's zookeepers do. Oh, once my zookeeper said he was  "going to rake poo (I don't like to that)" when he's really swimming in an orca's tank!

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 05:53:07 PM »
I've had zookeepers all sit on a bench, meanwhile animals were not being taken care of (unhappy) and my guests were also upset because they had run out of benches even though if the zookeepers would scoot over there would be room for 3 guests. Plus, none of this would have happened if the zookeepers were doing what they were supposed to in the first place! :D

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 07:26:40 PM »
a zookeeper was once standing right in front of poo and the textbox said: "zookeeper ______ can't reach the poo."  :loony:

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 10:47:36 PM »
The "can't reach" stuff is SOOOOOOOO annoying and stupid! And also caging animals in cages when they didn't do anything at all! Oh, I could go on and on...

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 11:17:17 PM »
I know this sounds odd, but...
Once, i was building a lion exhibit in one side of the zoo, then that dread sign of "Zookeeper **** can't reach the poo" appeared; i didn't gave it attention...but it kept appearing all over and over again. So, i went to check the exhibit (Elephants) and the zookeeper was standing in the middle of a lot of poo! It was all over the place, and the zookepeer was acting like he wasn't seeing all that.
It's kind of weird, isn't it?

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 11:27:01 PM »
That's either a bug or another demonstration of how stupid those zookeepers are...

Offline Chimpinater

• Zookeeper
  • I am Dr. Chimpinater!
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 11:27:47 PM »
Makes you a little nervous when they're driving you around in a jeep dosen't it?

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 11:31:02 PM »
Haha. And I've had zookeepers just walk around "waiting for jobs" when a lot of animals have food to be replenished, poop to clean and diseases to treat.

Offline Chimpinater

• Zookeeper
  • I am Dr. Chimpinater!
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »
My zookeepers keep giving my animal water dishes when they have a watering hole.They must be crazy.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 01:54:18 AM »
Mine too!

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 10:33:14 PM »
I think that's just because some animals don't drink in the watering hole. I've seen this on Galapagos Turtles...but i haven't seen it in other animals yet.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 01:34:03 AM »
Nope, I'm pretty sure all animals do.

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 08:14:40 PM »
Actually, i have seen a tortoise drink from the watering holes. but i think its only shallow water. :dolphin

:offtopic: Did i ever mention that this is my first thread? :dancer:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 05:39:01 PM by Seadragon »

Offline BottleNoseDolphin1

• Zookeeper
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 06:17:08 PM »
All the time a message pops up like: "Keeper Hassleberg can't reach Orca 1!" There really lazy  :crash:  

Another message goes like this: "Common Peafowl 3 is really hungry!" When its like standing 2 feet from the food  :duh:  Bloo Fang has some stuff to fix in Extinct Animals Expansion

Offline Pastcat

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 04:26:59 PM »
I don't like it when zookeepers crate an animal for no reason, but I have also had zookeepers not crate an animal that isn't in an exhibit. That's annoying too.

Offline Jaguar

• Zookeeper
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 05:56:03 PM »
I use this strategy to stop zookeepers from being so stupid. :dancer: :happy2:

Put them in an exhibit without a staff gate and assign them to the exhibit their locked in, they always have something to do 90% of the time and don't complain about 90% of the time too! :hammer2:

Try it, although you still get those messages, but not as often, I get one about every 20-45 minutes in my zoos. :D

Offline beagleboy21

• Zookeeper
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2007, 06:47:02 PM »

later, a penguin got out of its exhibit. :penguin: Then my Keepers were running like crazy to crate it. Like a penguin's gonna kill everyone. lol

their so dumb.

first of all, the animal could die, a dumb person could try to take it home, it could get a deasise, a uman couldget a deasise, it could bite someone, the list goes on and on.

Edited for content by Peacenote.  Please be polite when talking to your fellow ZA-mates.  Thank-you.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 07:52:31 PM by Peacenote »

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2007, 07:55:50 PM »
ok, so it can be bad. i was wrong. but really, is that the way you talk to other ZA members?

My zookeepers sit on the bench all day when they should be doing their work. and they always say they cant reach blah, and i find them sitting on a bench!

Offline beagleboy21

• Zookeeper
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 08:16:08 PM »
sorry, it's just i'm a irrtble teen with even moe annoying parents and a even more annoying brother.  also, my deaflet state is annoyed.

Offline creationfan

• Zookeeper
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2007, 08:26:07 PM »
I have a few, but here's my favorite. One time the crocs "broke out" while they were still in their enclosure  :happy2:. This sent the keeper running to the cage to shoot my crocs with tranquilizer darts, which they missed every time ...  :happy2:. Afterward the keeper was walking around the zoo, but interestingly he was carrying the tranqulizer gun and wouldn't put it away :rofl2:

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 04:40:37 PM »

sorry, it's just i'm a irrtble teen with even moe annoying parents and a even more annoying brother.  also, my deaflet state is annoyed.

thats ok, beagleboy, i sorta get irritated too.

I have so many " Zookeeper ____ Can't reach ____", signs that i cant read other messages and it creates lag.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 06:36:45 PM by Seadragon »