Author Topic: ZT2 runs really slow...  (Read 1782 times)

Offline DezinerofZoos

• Pooper Scooper
ZT2 runs really slow...
« on: February 27, 2007, 08:05:12 PM »
I have Zoo Tycoon 2, and i guess it is okay, but it runs so slow....does it do it on every computer, or just mine? I have tried it on a desktop, with Windows 2003, and my laptop that i bought in 06....is it the game, or my computer? What do i need to either download or buy to make it faster?

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Re: ZT2 runs really slow...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 02:45:37 AM »
One thing you can do is lower the graphics settings.... otherwise, it works kinda slow on my desktop and very fast on my new laptop, so I am not entirely sure what the problem could be. I assume by the fact it that it runs that you satisfy the system requirements, but maybe not?

Offline goldenpuon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 07:00:09 AM »
Do you have a lot of downloads?  That could be the problem since that has also slowed my game down a great deal which I've learned to live with.

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 08:07:40 AM »
programs running in the background can slow it down too (e.g. antivirus, msn messenger etc.)

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 08:15:57 AM »
What we really need to know about your computer is the amount of RAM you have and the CPU speed.  These two things can be found by right-clicking on the My Computer icon on your desktop.

Offline alax

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 08:21:01 AM »
i have this same problem on my large maps

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 08:34:56 AM »
With large maps it usually has to do with graphics. I had that too. My computer can do high graphics, but it just runs alot slower especially the bigger my zoo gets. I suggest taking it down a graphics level, and it should be better.

Offline alax

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 08:50:01 AM »
yeah but my graphics are always on low but for some reason it still runs extremely slow

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 08:53:58 AM »
Again, more often then not it's the limitations of your computer that cause the game to run slow, not the game itself.  If you know how much RAM you have and what your CPU speed is we can help determine the problem.

Offline BottleNoseDolphin1

• Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 06:01:33 PM »

I have Zoo Tycoon 2, and i guess it is okay, but it runs so slow....does it do it on every computer, or just mine? I have tried it on a desktop, with Windows 2003, and my laptop that i bought in 06....is it the game, or my computer? What do i need to either download or buy to make it faster?

Hmmmm well i had the exact problem as you until I added 512mb of memory to my PC and a good graphics card. (hint,hint) Now, ZT2 runs like a dream for me, even on pretty high settings