Author Topic: Increasing Maximum Guests in ZT2 - How?  (Read 1218 times)

Offline zooplayercam

• Pooper Scooper
  • Big Croc & Mini Croc! Croc-on!
Increasing Maximum Guests in ZT2 - How?
« on: March 21, 2007, 05:44:26 PM »
Hi there,

I'm new to the site and apologise if this is posted in the wrong spot but it's my first attempt at posting.  :snew:

I was just wondering if there's an easy way to increase maximum Guests in ZT2? I have 120 guests in a large 'critical & endagered animals only' zoo and would like to have more. If this is a dumb question, sorry!

I checked out previous Q's and A's and tried FAQ's and found a few related posts but they all seemed to be quite old and saying slightly different things and so I thought I'd ask what the current 'best method' was, if any, for increasing maximum guests. (I tried to post this in FAQ section but got no response so suspect that was a mistake, sorry.)

(PS: I love the new site and can't wait for the downloads to be back!)

Offline huntergaber@seaworld

• Pooper Scooper
  • I absolutely LOVE SeaWorld and Shamu :)
Re: Increasing Maximum Guests in ZT2 - How?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 07:18:51 PM »
You could probably use downloads or something when they are back up or a.......... hack thats what its called i had a little brain **** :).
Also you gould put in like tour objects??

:dolphin

Offline Pastcat

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 04:16:14 PM »
Try putting in more objects to make your zoo beautiful, such as fountains. It usually helps mine. If only there was a way to advertise your zoo like in ZT1!

Offline zooplayercam

• Pooper Scooper
  • Big Croc & Mini Croc! Croc-on!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, but the zoo is maxed out already, 300+ animals, all the Critical and Endagered species, a 5 star marine show, a 5 star jeep tour and two 5 star skytours, 100% guest & animal happiness but the maximum number of guests the game allows is set in the program code at 120 people and I was trying to change that, more than improve the zoo.

Pengiuno put me onto a Hack to change the program code to allow more than 120 guests and I eventually got it to work by editing the "GuestMgr.xml" document that lives inside one of the massive zipped "x15100......ztf" files.

When I found it I edited it in notepad (then re-saved, re-zipped and re-saved it) to change just two characters, the maximum guests per star, and I increased mine from 30 to 80 guests per star and they are now flooding in....up to a max of 400 guests now instead of 120.

Thanks for the suggestions though and thanks again Penguino for the tip!!

:sthanks:

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 06:30:41 PM »
You're welcome.