Author Topic: Orcas, Dolphins and blowholes?  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
Orcas, Dolphins and blowholes?
« on: March 23, 2007, 05:30:52 AM »
Ummm....I've read somewhere about Mm2 :dolphin that orcas breach at the surface of the tanks and dolphins teach others tricks? Is this true in the game? the dolphin part is ok, coz by training one dolphin completely other dollys in the tank partially or completely learn the tricks(but I've never seen them teach) But what about the orcas do they breach or jump('ve seen the spyhopping) that would be quite awesome if it did! And do they breach in shows and is a great white shark a show animal like in MM1? And do dolphins travel by jumping? And in the particle files I saw blowhole_small.psys, med, big? Does orcas and other whales do that?

Plus do BT reef sharks breach as said in the animal escapades

Thanks in Advance for anybody's help! :ty1:

Offline dannybob

• Zookeeper
  • okapis and gemsbok rule
Re: Orcas, Dolphins and blowholes?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 06:39:31 AM »
well I know that the dophins and whales do use there blowhole. The GWS cant perform tricks, which I was unhappy about. I think the shark breach's, I don't no about jump travel, and  I dont know about orcas breaching, but I think they do :)

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 02:03:04 PM »
Well for starters I'm not completely sure what you mean about the orcas breaching, jumping etc. They do jump, flip, etc in shows if that's what you mean however I've yet to see them do so in their tank. The dolphins can't teach each other tricks (although I'll admit that would be a nice feature  :P). There are no sharks that can perform in shows including great whites. Dolphins do not travel by jumping, they just swim. And in regards to the blowhole_small.psys I really wouldn't know... I don't know much about the games animation files etc nor do I remember seeing any whales using their blowholes although it's possible.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 02:19:05 PM by sheltiefan »

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 11:57:42 PM »
dannybob have you seen the orcas and dolphins use their blowholes, if so a picture would be nice!
When I mean breaching(leaping out of water with full force and makes a Big Splash, like other big whales) jumping, I mean the stuff they do for fun, simply! not in tricks though! but in their tanks as in the oceans, and do orcas and gws fight or does the orca directly kill the shark?

Offline dannybob

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 06:24:24 AM »
I got a pic of a false killer whale. I put all the different whales and dolphins in 1 tank. I missed about 50 shots as it was verry hard to get a shot. The dolphins and orcas where using there blowholes too but i just didn't get a shot of them. The Orca kills the GWS straight away, I think.

Here is the pic

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 11:36:59 PM »
Great! Thanks dannybob, this pic might clear many's doubts, they say there aren't much animations for MM2 animals, like not using the blowholes! And does it say that it is using the blowhole, and how often does it use it--Orcas and Dolphins! (too excited) And have you seen any unique behaviours of any other MM2 animals?

Offline The_Blue_Dragon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 12:05:06 AM »
Yes, i've seen manta's who jump out of the water and dolphins and manta's who make salto's under water. :dolphin

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 03:33:34 AM »
Cool, do dolphins jump? And If you don't mind what is Salto's?, ok whatever it is do they make it together or seperately?

Offline dannybob

• Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 03:41:31 AM »
I think they jump, I have know idea what salto's is, lol, and whales and dolphins do swim together. There isn't much other stuff. Remoras clean sharks and rays which is pretty cool. There is no sea cave like in zt1. I wish there was tho. Thats all I can think of right now, oh and I dont know if it says it is using its blowhole
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 04:09:42 AM by dannybob »

Offline rtully

• Pooper Scooper
  • I love the smell of biology in the morning.
    • Dizzy Technology and Gaming
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 07:44:55 PM »
I should hope they use their blowholes. Without them, our little cestacean friends would drown.

:dolphin