Author Topic: XPs  (Read 1845 times)

Offline caribou_caro

• Pooper Scooper
XPs
« on: March 23, 2007, 11:38:09 AM »
I have ZT2, and I'm wanting to get MM2.  I don't have any other XPs and I'm wondering which ones are best.  I can't afford all of them, unless I get the 3-pack - but since I already have ZT2 I feel like that's a waste of money also.  Should I bite the bullet and just get 'em all? Or can MM stand on it's own pretty well? Which is your favorite? Thanks! :ty1:

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Re: XPs
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 12:03:52 PM »
Please use the search bar. This question is asked a lot, and a thread is already devoted to it.

http://www.zooadmin.net/Smf/index.php?topic=5453.0

Offline BottleNoseDolphin1

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 06:05:32 PM »
well i tried installing MM2 without my 2 other xp's. but it wouldn't install but when i installed ES and AA again it worked fine. ok ill leave now.....

Offline caribou_caro

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 01:45:04 PM »
Thanks mikaboshi, I read through that thread. Does that cover all the xps? I thought there were 3 total, if you include Dino Attack. Sounds like it would be best to get ES before MM, but would it help to have AA also? Does DA add much?

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 01:54:12 PM »
well, first off, it's called Dino Danger and not Dino Attack. Second, it doesn't really add much. It only gives you 4 dinos (t. rex, triceratops, Carnotaurus, and Styracosaurus), a dino-suitable fence, some food, a toy, and a dino challenge and campaign. And it's a "premium download" where you have to download it from the Internet for five dollars. And it requires a credit card. As for AA, it mainly just adds animals and some new objects and a few new features, but that's about it. But I think it's a good buy.

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 02:12:05 PM »
Yes, the first expansion, ES, adds a lot of functionality to the game, such as Elevated Paths, Sky Tours, Jeep Tours, and Conservation Areas (although some would say those are more annoying than a feature!   ;)).  I would definitely recommend thinking about getting at least ES before MM.  Especially if you think you might want ES in the future, because the expansion packs should be installed in order so if you get MM first and ES later you'd have to uninstall and reinstall everything.

Like orangemonkey stated, the Dino pack is just a Premium Download, not a whole expansion pack, so while not a big investment I wouldn't recommend it unless you do want Dinos in your zoo.  I believe however it can be installed at any time so you can always decide to get it later.

AA will add Jeep Tour functionality if you didn't get ES, but other than that it pretty much just is a 20 animal expansion pack, although it does add some new behaviors even to existing animals, such as herding behaviors.  Some people did feel compared to ES it wasn't as much of a bargain, but the animals included are very well made and will add a lot to your zoos if you like the animals it comes with.  Again it would need to be installed before MM so if you think you might be interested in it later you might just want to get it first to possibly avoid the uninstall/reinstall process that you'd have to go through if you backtrack.

Finally, I will add that if you're a download junkie, ES and AA might be worth it to you just based on the fact that a lot of user animals are based on these models, and you would not be able to use any of the user downloads based on those XPs if you decide not to get them.  (I will add that the downloads are not up right now, but will be again soon, and of course there are lots of downloads available at other sites as well.)

However if your favorite animals are marine animals, and you can only afford one XP, MM definitely might be the way to go for you!  It adds the functionality of tanks, and all the MM-based user downloads would work for you.  It's a great XP and adds a lot of fun to ZT2 even without the other packs.

Offline caribou_caro

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 07:07:37 PM »
Thanks a ton, Peacenote, that's all the info I needed!  :goodpost:

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 05:10:31 AM »
Dino Danger Pack is best for 'dinoholics', as I call them (and me). Extinct Animals is coming next year just so you know.

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
  • The Valiant Knight, ready to defend at all costs
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 05:20:41 AM »
@ CuddlyPanda: Actually its rumured that it comes out this April! :D

I say go with Endangered Species first and foremost, you can get Dino Danger as well since its only 5 dollars but thats just a matter of preferance. ES is by far the best expansion in the game if you ask me, with MM2 as a close second. :thumbsup:

Offline BottleNoseDolphin1

• Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 06:41:07 PM »
If it EA was coming out in April, then don't you think BF would of released information by now? I mean, April is right next month. Im thinking more of a June/July release date.  :duh:

Offline rtully

• Pooper Scooper
  • I love the smell of biology in the morning.
    • Dizzy Technology and Gaming
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 07:42:09 PM »
No, It says April.  :neneh

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 04:11:59 AM »
well, it's April now and not a word of EA, so I doubt it's gonna be in April.

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 06:58:42 AM »
Ok everyone please stay on topic.  This is most defintely not an EA release date discussion topic!  Also I'm sure as soon as even one of us in the ZA community hears an official date, we'll all be the first to know.   :)

-Thanks, Peacenote

:offtopic: