Author Topic: Which animal would you kick out?  (Read 10498 times)

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
Which animal would you kick out?
« on: March 23, 2007, 08:54:04 PM »
Which animal would you kick out from each EXP and what animal would you replace it with?

Here's my list:
ZT2: Not much to kick out here, seeing as all the animals are original...
ES: Hmmm... still a tough choice
AA: Masai giraffe! Why make an animal of the same species? They should have made a crested porcupine instead
MM2: I don't have MM2, but I'd say replace the false killer whale with a marine iguana
Downloads/Premium Packs: I don't have Dinosaur Danger, but I'd have a Velociraptor instead of a Carnotaurus. As for downloads, the black leopard should be made a variant of a normal leopard.

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Re: Which animal would you kick out?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 09:06:57 PM »
Negativity! Geez!

ZT2: None. To be honest, there all fine (though they could be made better)
ES: None. All good.
AA: None. Not even masai giraffe. Interbreeding is why.
DD: Styracosaurus for Stegosaurus, Carnotaurus with a raptor.
MM: None.
EA: We don't know the list, but I want a raptor, a dodo and maybe a Plesiosaur or Dilophosaur.

Offline fanfreluche

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 09:11:14 PM »
I wouldn't kick anyone out, but I was disappointed with the animals in MM2, when in MM we had sperm whales and jellyfish and octupus and several other sharks...

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 09:13:41 PM »
But the Masai giraffe ISN'T interbreeding with the reticulated. They're the same species, so it isn't called "interbreeding". They just have different colors and sizes, but they're still the same species.

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 09:23:03 PM »
Dissapointed with Marine Mania? Really? I never would have thought...

Well, I don't mind another giraffe. The original was kinda cartoony anyway.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 09:28:16 PM »
That's true. But I simply don't want two animals of the same species.

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 10:15:10 PM »
ZT2: Thompson's gazelle - can't remember when I last used them.

ES: Koala, gibbons - if they couldn't make the animals properly, they shouldn't have made them - they spend most of their time on the ground!!

AA: Masai giraffe - had it ever occurred to them that they could perhaps reskin the original?

MM2: Short-finned pilot whale - just not particularly interesting. Would've preferred something different.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 10:22:52 PM »
Oh yeah, the koalas and crested gibbons are always on the ground... so unrealistic.

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 12:21:24 AM »
Zt2 - Perfect
zt2 Es - Crested Gibbons, horrible, ugly indeed!
zt2 AA - Perfect, it had tons of animals that was desperately needed, meerkat, hyena, S.bird, Mandrill......
zt2 MM - The choice of animals is wonderful, we could not kick out anything except for that Rockhopper Penguin, it could have been replaced by a humpback whale or Bluewhale! For all that Buy-as-adolescent stuff, only for one animal(whale shark) is quite ridiculous! Rock Hopper Penguin would have been better if it was a dl, when it comes to MM, the animals should have been all unique sea creatures, though they only missed out with this, otherwise Perfect!
zt2 DD - Okay...., but it would have been better if it had a Velociraptor, tyrannosaurus, triceratops, parasaurulophus(but did anyone notice why they have chosen those four animals, cause other animals, would have made them to do lots of different animations, while Tyrannosaurus and Carnotaurus share almost all the same animations, and Triceratops on the other hand share almost all the animations with the Styracosaurus, though an allosaurus would have made it better)
And the T-rex is too cartoony, they could have made it look a lil better, ok a lot better! and not mention about the carnotaurus sheesh! horrible. The tricera and styraco look very nice. They have used vibrant and bright colours for the dinos but dimmer colours would have made it better, Blue triceratops baby!! Hahaha....
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:23:53 AM by Simba »

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 12:25:13 AM »
Well, some dinosaurs might have been very colorful. Feathered dinosaurs for example may have used feathers to attract mates. But I see what you mean. And yeah, the Carnotaurus is SOOO bad. I don't have Dinosaur Danger, but I can see all that from screenshots. Plus, like ZT, they made many of the dinosaur biomes wrong! Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops would be better in grassland! Sure there wasn't any grass at the time but there were still low-growing plants that could form a grassland!

Offline Bongo-Bongo

• Zookeeper
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 03:09:45 AM »
ZT2 None, but if I really had to, I would get rid of the Peacock and replace it with either the Giant Anteater, Giant Armadillo or a Porcupine.

ES Definetley the Koala. It's cool, but at the moment, the game just doesn't have the behaviours to suit it, making it far too unrealistic. In it's place I would put the Barbirusa.

AA The African Spurred Tortoise would have to go here. I find it a pain to keep. Make the exhibit too big and you have to plave food and water all over the place else it gets unhappy, make it too small it's unhappy because theres not enough space (how much space does a tortoise need?). In it's place would be either the Mongoose or Maribou Stork.

MM One of the sharks, most probably the Goblin Shark, and also the False Killer Whale. I'd replace them with either the Spider Crab, Ocean Sun Fish, Barracuda or Common Dolphin.

DD I'd get with of Styracosaurus and Carnotaurus and replace them with Stegosaurus and Corythosaurus. That would put some variety into the Premium Download.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 03:11:43 AM »
Hmmm... strange 'cause I never have any problem with the African spurred tortoises. Yup, the koala REAL unrealistic... I'd let the goblin shark stay. It's pretty unique.

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 05:14:28 AM »
I've been waiting for a topic like this! :D Anyways, here we go-
Zt2- I'd replace the Mountain Gorilla with a Western Lowland Gorilla for realism. And I'd also move a few animals. You see, I got zt2 and ES at the same time, but I think some of the animals from ES are more generic zoo animals and would fit better in the original. As for the actual animals, I'd move the Okapi, Ibex, and Gemsbok to ES and move the Gray Wolf, American Bison, and Caribou to zt2.
ES- Nothing except that moving stuff.
AA- I'd replace the Gelada with an Olive Baboon, replace the Masai Giraffe w/ a Marabou Stork, and that'd be it.
DD- I'd replace the Carnotaurus w/ a Velociraptor and replace the Styracosaurus w/ a Stegosaurus.
MM- well, I'd replace the False Killer Whale w/ a Coelacanth, replace the Goblin Shark w/ a Marine Iguana, replace the Rockhopper Penguin w/ a Giant Pacific Octopus, and replace the Short-Finned Pilot Whale w/ a Green Moray Eel.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 05:21:57 AM by orangemonkey22 »

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 05:15:41 AM »
Great ideas, Orangemonkey.

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 05:21:05 AM »
why, thank you. I just added in dd2.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 05:22:19 AM »
Where? I don't see it!

Offline luckybunny

• Zookeeper
  • Don't kiss flamingoes- it's not healthy
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 06:30:19 AM »
ZT2: The mountain gorrilla with maybe an armadillo or anteater

ES: Gibbon (simply cause I think they're ugly) with a stork or crane. And though I adore the Javen rhino, probably that, too since they've never been kept in captivity alive. For that I say
a capybara maybe? oh and the florida panther with eastern cougar.

AA: I have to say I really enjoyed this pack, but reskinig the R. girrafe and putting in a maribou stork would be nice.

MM: I love this pack. But the sharks, not really. Goblin and Whale have never been kept in captivity alive and great white once only. I'd put in marine iguana, octopus and a seal!! Also I'd like more tricks and performing animals.

Oh if you havn't noticed I perfer more realistic choices. oh and these are cute::  :pman: :faint :dolphin :budgie:

Offline dinomaster30

• Zookeeper
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 06:56:21 AM »
actually whale sharks are kept in captivity, all they need diffrent from other sharks is a bigger tank( i think) personally i love all the animals they put into this game, altough we do need more reptiles, birds, and marine creatures, i would say extinct creatures, but there already making more of them.

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 07:16:39 AM »
@ Fennec- it's in the post now
@ luckybunny- nice ideas, although I'd personally keep the gorilla, gibbon, Javan Rhino, whale shark, and great white. And I'd keep the Florida Panther, since the xp was called Endangered Species. And whale sharks have been kept in captivity. But I'm glad to see someone else wanted a Marabou Stork in AA. :D

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
  • The Valiant Knight, ready to defend at all costs
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 07:32:43 AM »

And though I adore the Javen rhino, probably that, too since they've never been kept in captivity alive. For that I say
a capybara maybe? oh and the florida panther with eastern cougar.

No way! Theirs nothing wrong with a Javan Rhino in the game! In real life when I grow up, as long as they aren't extinct then I will get them in my zoo, and breed them too. Florida Panthers are also very cool creatures, its such a gorgeous cat, theirs only about 70 true Florida Panthers left. I plan on doing the same thing for the Panther as I am with the Rhino. :)

Offline horsefever827

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 07:50:16 AM »
Great list, orangemonkey! Here are my picks:

ZT2: It's okay, except the animals that breed like mainacs!!!!! :loony:
     ES: The koala and gibbon for the with a peregrine falcon and a california condor
     AA: The Barbery Ape for the Impala
     MM2: I think the blue marlin for some other kind fish, like the baracudda, or the sun fish!
    DD: The Carnotaurus for the Allosaurus, and I would have liked to see, I forgot what they're called, those big long-neck things in there

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 07:52:41 AM »
Yup, whale sharks have been kept in captivity... Japan and Taiwan both have whale shark exhibits in various aquariums.

Offline ZooLu

• Pooper Scooper
  • I'm crazier than you.
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 08:34:26 AM »
ZT2: I'd replace the peafowl with something like a crabeater seal.

ES: all perfect.

AA: I'd kick the mandrill out and replace it with a regular sable antelope.

MM2: Pilot whale w/ ocean sunfish and goblin shark w/ Oceanic whitetip OR Blacknose shark

DD: I'd get rid of the carnotaurus for gallimimus.

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 08:50:47 AM »

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2007, 11:49:19 PM »
Whew! I never knew this thread would be so popular! ZooLu, I don't think the common peafowl should be replaced by a crabeater seal 'cause that would require MM2 stuff. It doesn't HAVE to, but it would still seem out of place.