Author Topic: Which animal would you kick out?  (Read 10499 times)

Offline Ronin

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Which animal would you kick out?
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2007, 06:15:45 PM »
I wouldn't Kick any out they're all great :)

Off Topic: This forum has WAY to many smileys!

Offline ronaldos2junior

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2007, 02:08:08 AM »
I'm currently happy with what we've got, but if I had the choice...

Zoo Tycoon 2: Instead of a Dromedary Camel, I'd have a Bactrian Camel, because (unlike the Dromedary) the Bactrian is still a wild animal and fairly endangered as well. Besides, mosts zoos with camels have those (the ones I've been to anyway). Instead of a Mountain Gorilla, I'd have a Western Lowland Gorilla (for realism).

Endangered Species: I'm not willing to remove an animal just because it moves wierdly or looks ugly, but I would be willing to replace the Javan Rhinoceros with an Indian Rhinoceros, or even a Sumatran Rhinoceros, both of which are endangered themselves, but still kept in captivity. Also, although it is South American, I wouldn't have a Baird's Tapir. I'm sure there are rarer breeds. A Malayan Tapir, like the last ES, would have been cool.

African Adventure: First of all, I'd like to state that I don't exactly see what everyone has against the Masai Giraffe. So there's two subspecies of the same animal...it's really no different from the original ZT having both Bengal and Siberian Tigers, which I don't remember any complaints there (OK, yes, they were of different biome, but the point still stands). I don't have a problem with most of the other animals either, as a lot of them are animals you do actually see in zoos. Even so, I think a Crested Porcupine would have been nice. The game really lacks rodents, and what better than the second largest in the world?

Marine Mania 2: I'm not fussed with most of the animals (I was hoping for a more realistic penguin from day 1), although there is still room for improvement. Animals I'd replace would be the False Killer Whale and maybe the Short-Finned Pilot Whale. Certainly the former because it just doesn't really have the per-zazz as the real Killer Whale isn't called that in the game. I'd replace it with a Marine Iguana. If the Pilot Whale would be replaced, I'd have an exotic bony fish, like the Ocean Sunfish or the Coelocanth. I doubt they're captive-equse animals, but they're cool.

Bonus Downloads: Of the four downloads so far, I'd probably replace the Black Leopard with an actual breed of Leopard, like the Amur Leopard. The black leopard could be an alternative skin for it.

Dino Danger Pack: Keep the T-Rex and Triceratops, but replace the Carnotaurus with a Velociraptor and the Styracosaurus with a Stegosaurus, for variety sakes.

OK, that's all.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2007, 02:11:27 AM »
Wow, your list's fairly similar to mine... actually I'm NOT happy with ZT having several subspecies of tiger and not just one... And even worse, unlike in ZT2, they can't even breed with each other... sigh...

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2007, 02:24:33 AM »

Wow, your list's fairly similar to mine... actually I'm NOT happy with ZT having several subspecies of tiger and not just one... And even worse, unlike in ZT2, they can't even breed with each other... sigh...

Unfortunately, it's something we have to put up with. Not all tigers in zoos are Bengal, after all. Plus, some zoos have more than one subspecies of giraffe or tiger.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2007, 03:19:52 AM »
That's true. At least ZT2 made it better that they were the same species.

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2007, 03:28:58 AM »
well, I personally didn't mind the two tigers in ZT, but that's just me. By the way, nice list Ouch! :specool:

Offline Danezilla

• Pooper Scooper
  • I want to dive with Sharks
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2007, 04:32:09 AM »
ZT2: None, a good variety of very different and stereotypical zoo animals. What would a zoo be without lions, Tigers, Bears, Elephants and so on?
ES: I would have probably dumped the Sable Antelope for the Fossa (Tropical Rainforest)
AA: Like many people, I would have scrapped the Masai Giraffe for a Cape Porcupine
MM: I think I would have removed the Pilot whale (Which looks too similar to the beluga) and the Goblin Shark and replaced them with the Coelacanth (Benthic) / Tiger Shark (Coastal) / Elephant Seal (Coastal
DD: Take out the Carnotaurus and Styracosaurus and replace them with Velociraptor (Desert) / Stegosaurus (Boreal Forest)

Offline dinofreak

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2007, 04:35:24 AM »
i like your list!

Offline spiderdraco

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2007, 05:43:28 PM »
Mmm...let me see, let me see.
I'll take out...
The gelada, i would put my AFRICAN LEOPARD instead.
The Leatherback turtle (i think is called that way), we have already lots of turtles, so i would put a leopard seal or a northern sea elephant.
Take the gibbon out and give us the allmighty Giant Anteater.
The Masai Giraffe, i really want a olive baboon or the chacma baboon (agressive as a pitbull!)
I don't have DD, but i would have replaced the Styraco and the Carnotaur for a velociraptor and a stego.
Take out that Goblin Shark, the Short finned Pilot Whale and the false killer whale and put in the Tiger or the Bull Shark (gotta love these last one), the giant pacific octopus or the humboldt squid (aggressive!!!) or the lovely but not appreciated barracuda.
Nile Monitor goes out and a crowned crane goes in.
That's my list.

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2007, 06:08:35 PM »
*kicks out the styracasaur and adds a velociraptor*

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2007, 07:38:18 PM »
I like the idea of adding a fossa to ES, but I'd probably stick it in AA as a replacement for the ratel. Also, I'd replace the Scimitar horned oryx with the addax. As for bonus downloads, I would make the black leopard skin a varient and make the actual animal an African leopard. And with the addax being an ES animal, I'd replace it's former bonus download slot with a duck billed platypus. :thumbsup:

I also realize that there are no giant sable antelope (and I don't think there ever was!) in captivity. But, they are critically endangered (fitting with the ES theme) and I could see this subspecies fitting nicely in captivity. Especially since it's only a subspecies of sable antelope, which ARE in captivity and sorta makes sense. Maybe it's just me. :hmmm:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 07:41:20 PM by kiwibuddy »

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2007, 10:46:29 AM »
Oh, and for the record, the reason I kept the Goblin Shark in my original list was because...well, it was different. Not only has it rarely been shown in the media, but it isn't just your average shark. It might have been for that reason that it was included in the original game as well. But that's obviously just me.

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2007, 04:23:18 PM »
From ZT2: There's not really any I would "replace", most are good, solid zoo animals, common staples of most zoos.
From ES:  Get rid of the fennec fox, I -really- dislike the model.  I would have preferred something more exciting like an anteater or an armadillo, or even a sloth.
From AA: Scrap the barbary ape and put in an african civet.  Small mammal goodness!
From MM: Take out the false killer whale and add a giant squid (or even a colossal squid!) :D

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2007, 05:27:08 PM »
You dislike the fennec fox! GASP! *faints*

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2007, 05:32:11 PM »
What?! i <3 (love) the Fennec Fox!!! (even if they're not my favorite animals!) They always dart around, jump on rocks...They're a lot more special than a boring, non-moving sloth!!

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2007, 05:35:54 PM »
I don't like the model at all, I have nothing against the actual animals.  And I'd prefer some more interesting aboreal behaviours.

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2007, 08:24:35 PM »
I think Fennec Foxes are interesting.  :)

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2007, 08:25:45 PM »
Well, I like sloths and fennecs, but I wouldn't remove the fennec fox...

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2007, 08:28:47 PM »
they could've just ADDED a sloth.

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2007, 04:12:55 AM »
well, zt2 doesn't have 21 animals xps, so that'd be a bit unrealistic.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2007, 04:38:21 AM »
Haha Shen you and I have similar tastes

From ZT2: None. These all need to be in game
From ES:  Crested Gibbon. I just hate most apes and I never use this. Give me a sloth!
From AA: White Rhino. Do we REALLY need THREE rhino species? Negatory. I'd rather have an African Civet as well lol
From MM: Take out the Pilot Whale or the False Killer Whale and put in a Marine Iguana.

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2007, 04:49:25 AM »

From AA: White Rhino. Do we REALLY need THREE rhino species? Negatory.

I understand the off-putting, but one could think about it this way...if you go to any animal collection with a rhinoceros, what species is it most likely to be? Exactly.

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2007, 04:51:02 AM »
Yeah... either black or white...

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2007, 04:51:27 AM »
Well I've only ever seen black rhinos personally, but if you want to go at it from that angle they should have switched out the javan and put in the white there instead. In any event, we didn't need 3 species.