Author Topic: research in ZT2  (Read 1025 times)

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
research in ZT2
« on: January 19, 2005, 07:57:15 PM »
Posted by: emmauk Nov. 27 2004, 09:59 AM
Hi, As you may of guessed I am new!!!!!!!! I am having trouble with the research function. How do I get it started? Sorry if this is blindingly obvious but I cannot seem to start doing any!

All advice greatly recieved

Cheers  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 27 2004, 07:49 PM
Certain objects will become available you cannot yet purchase as they need to be researched. When you click on them a pop up box will come up - it will show you the research cost and a button to start research if you wish. You need to click on the research button to accept that you would like to start the research. The research will only start if you have enough money. The a bar will appear under the object which shows how long until the research is complete.
The researchable items you need to click will be available in the normal inventory where you buy usual stuff or in the zookeeper advice panels which show what animals require.

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 27 2004, 09:09 PM
Basically, as you get more fame, more objects will be available. But you can't buy them yet. You have to pay an extra fee to "research" them. It's sorta like paying for the right to buy it l0l.

Pinning as many have asked this before.  

Posted by: dragonarc Nov. 28 2004, 06:29 PM
I just got ZT2 as well - this week as a matter of fact.
It didn't seem that clear in the first few basic tutorials - however in playing the beginning scenario games I kind of accidently started research for the scratching post.
Basically all you do is click onto something that has the mark meaning it needs to be researched and a small window appears with that item. On the top of that little window is an icon for research, If you click on that it starts the research and you start seeing green filling that bar next to the research icon. You will get a message when research has been completed if you close the item window.
Hope that makes it a little clearer.

Posted by: Jeeks Nov. 28 2004, 07:29 PM
What strikes me as weird is that you have to pay $600 to research a TIRE for the exhibits. :-P  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Nov. 28 2004, 09:23 PM
Or research fruit frozen in ice, or pay $50 for an apple. But I'm betting most real life zoos don't get $20,000 a month stuffed in to the donation boxes either, and I think most zookeepers would be upset with an annual salary of $6000, not to mention they'd be starving to death and living on the streets. I think it is difficult to replicate an actual zoos finances, as so much of their income comes from corporate sponsorship and/or government grants. I'm willing to accept a little unrealism in that aspect of the game.  

Posted by: THAT_PARBHU_GUY Dec. 1 2004, 04:30 PM
im just got it and was wondering if there was anything to reasearchin freeform/sandbox mode

Posted by: sharkman222 Dec. 1 2004, 04:36 PM
In relation to the Ice blocks being $500 - $600, Ive lowered them to a more reasonable number; $50

--- Hack Available @ ---

http://eagleonenet.com/ztempire/index.php?...y_view&iden=140

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
research in ZT2
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 07:57:15 PM »
Posted by: emmauk Nov. 27 2004, 09:59 AM
Hi, As you may of guessed I am new!!!!!!!! I am having trouble with the research function. How do I get it started? Sorry if this is blindingly obvious but I cannot seem to start doing any!

All advice greatly recieved

Cheers  

Posted by: Aussie Koala Nov. 27 2004, 07:49 PM
Certain objects will become available you cannot yet purchase as they need to be researched. When you click on them a pop up box will come up - it will show you the research cost and a button to start research if you wish. You need to click on the research button to accept that you would like to start the research. The research will only start if you have enough money. The a bar will appear under the object which shows how long until the research is complete.
The researchable items you need to click will be available in the normal inventory where you buy usual stuff or in the zookeeper advice panels which show what animals require.

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 27 2004, 09:09 PM
Basically, as you get more fame, more objects will be available. But you can't buy them yet. You have to pay an extra fee to "research" them. It's sorta like paying for the right to buy it l0l.

Pinning as many have asked this before.  

Posted by: dragonarc Nov. 28 2004, 06:29 PM
I just got ZT2 as well - this week as a matter of fact.
It didn't seem that clear in the first few basic tutorials - however in playing the beginning scenario games I kind of accidently started research for the scratching post.
Basically all you do is click onto something that has the mark meaning it needs to be researched and a small window appears with that item. On the top of that little window is an icon for research, If you click on that it starts the research and you start seeing green filling that bar next to the research icon. You will get a message when research has been completed if you close the item window.
Hope that makes it a little clearer.

Posted by: Jeeks Nov. 28 2004, 07:29 PM
What strikes me as weird is that you have to pay $600 to research a TIRE for the exhibits. :-P  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Nov. 28 2004, 09:23 PM
Or research fruit frozen in ice, or pay $50 for an apple. But I'm betting most real life zoos don't get $20,000 a month stuffed in to the donation boxes either, and I think most zookeepers would be upset with an annual salary of $6000, not to mention they'd be starving to death and living on the streets. I think it is difficult to replicate an actual zoos finances, as so much of their income comes from corporate sponsorship and/or government grants. I'm willing to accept a little unrealism in that aspect of the game.  

Posted by: THAT_PARBHU_GUY Dec. 1 2004, 04:30 PM
im just got it and was wondering if there was anything to reasearchin freeform/sandbox mode

Posted by: sharkman222 Dec. 1 2004, 04:36 PM
In relation to the Ice blocks being $500 - $600, Ive lowered them to a more reasonable number; $50

--- Hack Available @ ---

http://eagleonenet.com/ztempire/index.php?...y_view&iden=140