Author Topic: Stinky Ratels  (Read 1503 times)

Offline KalahariMeerkat

• Pooper Scooper
Stinky Ratels
« on: April 10, 2007, 08:03:16 PM »
I had a ratel exhibit set up and the guest kept complaing, "The area smells terrible someone needs to clean it up." But I had no full trash cans or food stalls or snack carts.  My mom says animals in the weasel family such as ratels are stinky animals in real life.  Would Blue Fang have incorporated that feature into the game.  Meerkats stink big time in real life but I've never once saw a guest complaning.   Also, I had my ratels in Savannah not grassland (and that is where I will always put them) because Blue Fang got confused when assigning them a biome.  In real life they live in Savannah's (which some people call grasslands so I can understand why they were confused).  

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
Re: Stinky Ratels
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 11:00:09 PM »
Blue Fang weren't confused. They just put them in so there were more grassland animals.

Yes, they do stink. Mixed exhibit animals complain the same as guests.  :eggroll

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 12:21:29 PM »
Unfortunately it results in my not using them at all.  The only way I'd really use them is as part of a tour where they were excluded from guests unless they went on the tour.

Offline adam1990

• Senior Zookeeper
    • Zoo Tycoon 101
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 04:29:00 AM »
Interesting...that was a good idea by blue fang!

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 04:32:28 AM »
You can read more about the Grassland debate about the ratel in this thread

And the ratels' stink can be helped if you put a small area of water around them, and/or use brick walls. For the Jeep tours I either line the path of the jeep with a short brick wall or I just put water on either side. Don't worry, ratels are good swimmers. :) Usually helps with the smell. I am very excited that they put that in the game as it adds a lot of realism.

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 06:59:45 AM »
I know how to take it away:

-Go to where your Zoo Tycoon 2 is installed.
-There, open with WinRar the file x110_000.z2f, and there go to entities\units\animals\ai, and find the file Ratel.xml.
-Take it from there. That'll make a copy of that.
-In the file takne away, open it with notepad and find this:

Delete it, and ONLY it.

.Pick a .z2f, like one from a Download, and start emptrying it, but before that, put the modified Ratel.xml file in entities\units\animals\ai of the .z2f file you are working with. Then, delete out of it all other content (from the one of an User-made DL, not the _x110_000 file).

-Rename the .z2f something starting with z, so it'll be taken into accout.

-Play the game. It should work.

(You need to press "Quote" to see the code to be deleted, for some odd reason.)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 07:22:06 AM by Eriorguez »