Author Topic: Guest happiness  (Read 1039 times)

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
Guest happiness
« on: January 19, 2005, 07:59:42 PM »
Posted by: Cochin007 Nov. 26 2004, 10:41 AM
As everyone possibly already knew,I'm a real animal man,and I'm bad in keeping guests happy .. to be honest,in ZT1,I used a hack  
I hoped it would be different in ZT2,but it isn't. I can't keep my guests very happy either.Not to much come to my zoo (I knwo what I do wrong),but I can't keep them very happy .. I would like some tips.
And I would like to ask if,if you care especcialy about animals and you are very good in keeping animals happy,but nog good at all in keeping guests happy (like me),you are a bad/not so good/less good zoo tycoon. If that's the caase,I'll just have to live with that...

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 26 2004, 12:18 PM
First off, are you SURE they're unhappy? The less green the better. No shading at all means they're 100% happy.

Tips: I'm not really sure as I don't pay much attention but this is what I use:

- Don't crowd yourself! Feel free to make a large spacious foodcourt! (Guests are smart and know where to go now  )
- Put scenery here and there (flowers, binoculars etc)
- Check the Quick Stats on Guests. Sort them by Hunger, Thirst, Amusement (Scenery), etc to see what you need.
- Happy Animals (duh)
- Educators  

Posted by: Kaivo Nov. 26 2004, 02:19 PM
Also, some guests want to donate, when there's no donation boxes it seems like they get angry.. I've had this happen before when I forgot to add in the donation box.  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Nov. 26 2004, 02:29 PM
Don't develop too far without a food stand or two nearby. I've usually developed one or two large food courts, and then just smaller refreshment areas around the zoo. This keeps them pretty happy most of the time. If they start complaining, figure out where the complainers are...it's possible you've left a space where it's too far between refreshment areas.

And don't bother with the small restrooms. These hold barely anyone, and guests will get angry standing in line.  

Posted by: Typhoon Nov. 26 2004, 02:34 PM
You need lots of trashcans too.  

Posted by: mo15 Nov. 26 2004, 03:45 PM
do trashcans make the guests angry? (like in zt1)  

Posted by: Skid 32 Nov. 26 2004, 03:51 PM
In the demo only full trashcans make the guests angry  

Posted by: Zoo102 Nov. 26 2004, 04:04 PM
Make sure to add in fountians and statues. Also add in attractions like the poney ride and the incect showcase. And don't forget play grounds for the kids a few bouncey rides can make a kid really happy. Geust also enjoy being able to buy gifts so place a gift stand or shop.  

Posted by: Ratqueen Nov. 26 2004, 11:59 PM
Yes, I've found that fountains, statues, playground equipment, gazebos and other attractions are what takes care of the guests' "amusement" level. If you don't have some of those items nicely spread out all over your park, guest will become upset and complain pretty quickly.

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
Guest happiness
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 07:59:42 PM »
Posted by: Cochin007 Nov. 26 2004, 10:41 AM
As everyone possibly already knew,I'm a real animal man,and I'm bad in keeping guests happy .. to be honest,in ZT1,I used a hack  
I hoped it would be different in ZT2,but it isn't. I can't keep my guests very happy either.Not to much come to my zoo (I knwo what I do wrong),but I can't keep them very happy .. I would like some tips.
And I would like to ask if,if you care especcialy about animals and you are very good in keeping animals happy,but nog good at all in keeping guests happy (like me),you are a bad/not so good/less good zoo tycoon. If that's the caase,I'll just have to live with that...

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 26 2004, 12:18 PM
First off, are you SURE they're unhappy? The less green the better. No shading at all means they're 100% happy.

Tips: I'm not really sure as I don't pay much attention but this is what I use:

- Don't crowd yourself! Feel free to make a large spacious foodcourt! (Guests are smart and know where to go now  )
- Put scenery here and there (flowers, binoculars etc)
- Check the Quick Stats on Guests. Sort them by Hunger, Thirst, Amusement (Scenery), etc to see what you need.
- Happy Animals (duh)
- Educators  

Posted by: Kaivo Nov. 26 2004, 02:19 PM
Also, some guests want to donate, when there's no donation boxes it seems like they get angry.. I've had this happen before when I forgot to add in the donation box.  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Nov. 26 2004, 02:29 PM
Don't develop too far without a food stand or two nearby. I've usually developed one or two large food courts, and then just smaller refreshment areas around the zoo. This keeps them pretty happy most of the time. If they start complaining, figure out where the complainers are...it's possible you've left a space where it's too far between refreshment areas.

And don't bother with the small restrooms. These hold barely anyone, and guests will get angry standing in line.  

Posted by: Typhoon Nov. 26 2004, 02:34 PM
You need lots of trashcans too.  

Posted by: mo15 Nov. 26 2004, 03:45 PM
do trashcans make the guests angry? (like in zt1)  

Posted by: Skid 32 Nov. 26 2004, 03:51 PM
In the demo only full trashcans make the guests angry  

Posted by: Zoo102 Nov. 26 2004, 04:04 PM
Make sure to add in fountians and statues. Also add in attractions like the poney ride and the incect showcase. And don't forget play grounds for the kids a few bouncey rides can make a kid really happy. Geust also enjoy being able to buy gifts so place a gift stand or shop.  

Posted by: Ratqueen Nov. 26 2004, 11:59 PM
Yes, I've found that fountains, statues, playground equipment, gazebos and other attractions are what takes care of the guests' "amusement" level. If you don't have some of those items nicely spread out all over your park, guest will become upset and complain pretty quickly.