Author Topic: compost building  (Read 1462 times)

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
compost building
« on: January 19, 2005, 08:52:59 PM »
Posted by: sarazoo Dec. 18 2004, 03:09 PM
According to the booklet for ZT2, the compost building shouldn't have any maintenance costs and will generate income through recycling the animal waste (as in ZT1) BUT every time I purchase one, it ends up costing me $25 per month in upkeep and I get nothing back from it! Is this another bug?  

Posted by: OrangutanJam87 Dec. 18 2004, 04:08 PM
No, I dont think it is... i once did a zoo with one in it and I closed the zoo so no income could come in and my money went up from it, but I havent really checked about the maintenance cost.  

Posted by: THAT_PARBHU_GUY Dec. 18 2004, 04:38 PM
Ive noticedthat too, its not like in zt1 where you could place it in a corner i think it has to be acessable by guests thats why i didnt make anything  

Posted by: s1lentzoo Dec. 18 2004, 07:36 PM
go into the zoo keeper view where u can use space for stuff and go to the compost buildings and it will say push space to sell or somthing like that. thats what i do with it  

Posted by: many moles Dec. 19 2004, 01:52 AM
Yeah, thats right. You must sell the compost from your compost building from time to time. You have two options doing this:
Go to the compost building in guest mode and hit space to "sell the compost".
Make a path to your compost building and the maintance workes will sell it for you.
I always use the first method myself and place the building in the farest corner like in ZT1.

many moles  

Posted by: Zaxon Dec. 19 2004, 02:57 AM
Do the maintenance men actually walk to the compost building, as with bins, or do they magically whisk it away without actually go to it?  

Posted by: ZT Fan Dec. 19 2004, 10:34 AM
I'm not sure, but as I was watching the building it would fill up and then like magic be empty again. If you go to check your zoo's financial page it will have a line titled 'recycling' or something like that and tell you how much your making from it.  

Posted by: many moles Dec. 19 2004, 12:08 PM
Uner the recycling line appear also all stuff you have selled e.g. Trees and stones from the map... Just watch your compost...
If it empties itself magically you will recognize it after it will be empty . Just play the game and you will know...
As I wrote above, I empty mine always myself. It is only a quick stopby on my zoo roundings

Offline Nepenthe

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
compost building
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 07:01:11 AM »
I let my staff take care of selling the compost.   Either zookeepers or maintenance workers can do it.  Locate the compost building somewhere a staff member will pass by frequently (between two exhibits, or next to the staff center, or whatever works on you zoo plan).  Staff members don't seem to bother checking the compost building unless they are nearby anyway.

Any animal within 3 squares of the compost building will complain about being in a dirty exhibit.  (That is the length of 3 fence panels, or the size of 3 small rocks, or 1 large rock)    I would assume guests would likewise be offended by the smell, although I haven't watched closely.  I put rocks around the compost building to keep the animals away (mostly).  And the rocks count as decorating their biome.

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
compost building
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 08:52:59 PM »
Posted by: sarazoo Dec. 18 2004, 03:09 PM
According to the booklet for ZT2, the compost building shouldn't have any maintenance costs and will generate income through recycling the animal waste (as in ZT1) BUT every time I purchase one, it ends up costing me $25 per month in upkeep and I get nothing back from it! Is this another bug?  

Posted by: OrangutanJam87 Dec. 18 2004, 04:08 PM
No, I dont think it is... i once did a zoo with one in it and I closed the zoo so no income could come in and my money went up from it, but I havent really checked about the maintenance cost.  

Posted by: THAT_PARBHU_GUY Dec. 18 2004, 04:38 PM
Ive noticedthat too, its not like in zt1 where you could place it in a corner i think it has to be acessable by guests thats why i didnt make anything  

Posted by: s1lentzoo Dec. 18 2004, 07:36 PM
go into the zoo keeper view where u can use space for stuff and go to the compost buildings and it will say push space to sell or somthing like that. thats what i do with it  

Posted by: many moles Dec. 19 2004, 01:52 AM
Yeah, thats right. You must sell the compost from your compost building from time to time. You have two options doing this:
Go to the compost building in guest mode and hit space to "sell the compost".
Make a path to your compost building and the maintance workes will sell it for you.
I always use the first method myself and place the building in the farest corner like in ZT1.

many moles  

Posted by: Zaxon Dec. 19 2004, 02:57 AM
Do the maintenance men actually walk to the compost building, as with bins, or do they magically whisk it away without actually go to it?  

Posted by: ZT Fan Dec. 19 2004, 10:34 AM
I'm not sure, but as I was watching the building it would fill up and then like magic be empty again. If you go to check your zoo's financial page it will have a line titled 'recycling' or something like that and tell you how much your making from it.  

Posted by: many moles Dec. 19 2004, 12:08 PM
Uner the recycling line appear also all stuff you have selled e.g. Trees and stones from the map... Just watch your compost...
If it empties itself magically you will recognize it after it will be empty . Just play the game and you will know...
As I wrote above, I empty mine always myself. It is only a quick stopby on my zoo roundings

Offline Nepenthe

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
compost building
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 07:01:11 AM »
I let my staff take care of selling the compost.   Either zookeepers or maintenance workers can do it.  Locate the compost building somewhere a staff member will pass by frequently (between two exhibits, or next to the staff center, or whatever works on you zoo plan).  Staff members don't seem to bother checking the compost building unless they are nearby anyway.

Any animal within 3 squares of the compost building will complain about being in a dirty exhibit.  (That is the length of 3 fence panels, or the size of 3 small rocks, or 1 large rock)    I would assume guests would likewise be offended by the smell, although I haven't watched closely.  I put rocks around the compost building to keep the animals away (mostly).  And the rocks count as decorating their biome.