Author Topic: Staff center  (Read 1120 times)

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
Staff center
« on: January 19, 2005, 08:58:07 PM »
Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 16 2004, 08:23 PM
One of the scenarios have buildings called Staff Centers. I looked at the description and it said it was the place staff would return to when they had nothing to do.

So erm . . . what exactly is it good for? I mean does it boost your staff efficiency or something?  

Posted by: Eagle One Nov. 16 2004, 09:20 PM
It gives them a place to get resuplyed and a place to sit instead of your park benchs  

Posted by: Paleo Orca Nov. 16 2004, 09:22 PM
I have no idea  , but you could put it between exhibits with a fence around it so guests can't get in, and use the staff fence only for that, so that way zoo keepers won't be on the benches of the park all the time, I hate it when mine do that  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 16 2004, 09:32 PM
Okay you guys are confusing me a bit. What exactly is the difference between a staff sitting on a bench and staff sitting in the Staff Center? I only see that it saves one spot on the bench for guests l0l.  Maybe I'm just slow . . .  

Posted by: spin Nov. 16 2004, 10:47 PM
Staff in the centre will respond faster, and will have a greater radius to which they respond. (They suggest this with a ZK standing on the tower piece at times)  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Nov. 17 2004, 12:17 AM
Slacker zoo staff...it's irritating seeing them sitting anywhere, whether it is the bench or the Staff Center, as they usually follow that up with complaining about where ever they're supposed to go next. "Can't reach the food dish!"

It would be very interesting to know if the staff center makes them at all more efficient.  

Posted by: spin Nov. 17 2004, 12:34 AM
Well, there is an actuall difference in the xml files for waiting on a bench and waiting in the staff center, it's ever so small, but it's there.

In staff.tsk there are 2 setups

The one for waiting on a bench :

CODE  

Which has in it (among allot of other stuff) :

CODE  

Then there is waiting in the staff center :

CODE  

Which has :

CODE  

Those are the differences, codewise, in the first line for each Priority and ReserveTag, and the work number on the other line.  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 17 2004, 07:56 AM
So erm, have you figured out what exactly does it do? I'm guessing it's something with energy needs, happiness, laziness somewhere along those lines - which is why it subtracts.  

Posted by: spin Nov. 17 2004, 09:20 AM
I haven't figured them out yet, but I do know that work is a "weight" variable (like priority, only with negatives the lower number wins), and doesn't get substracted from anything.  

Posted by: Ratqueen Nov. 23 2004, 12:54 PM
I've been wondering what those Staff Centers are for... and if they're useful in any way. I did notice that staff goes to sit there when they have nothing to do, but why?? Do they get trained or something when they go to the Staff Center? If they don't get trained and there's no advantage to it, then what's the use of even adding a Staff Center? In my opinion, it would just make employees waste time by walking to it, then back to their assigned tasks.  

Posted by: WhitePanda Nov. 23 2004, 01:10 PM
Maybe it educates guests? Like, "Oh thats where the staff go to learn about animals" or something.  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Nov. 23 2004, 04:17 PM
I'm very curious as to this, and I hope someone can figure this out. The staff seems really to love heading to these centers, even if they're all the way across the zoo, making them scream about the inability to reach things when they're heading back.  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 23 2004, 04:27 PM
Merging wtih other Staff Center topic.  

Posted by: Kaivo Nov. 23 2004, 04:51 PM
(AdamfromCanada @ Nov. 17 2004, 04:17 AM)
Slacker zoo staff...it's irritating seeing them sitting anywhere, whether it is the bench or the Staff Center, as they usually follow that up with complaining about where ever they're supposed to go next. "Can't reach the food dish!"

It would be very interesting to know if the staff center makes them at all more efficient.  

I could just immagine.. a bench out side of an exhibit, looking into it, with a zookeeper sitting in it. A food dish needs filled. So the keeper stretches out an arm as far as he can. "Can't reach food dish!!!" lol.

Posted by: Ratqueen Nov. 23 2004, 05:00 PM
Oops! I'm sorry I posted another topic about this -- I hadn't seen there was one already  I see I'm not the only one wondering about the use for the Staff Centers. I've decided not to add any to my zoos, as they seem to only make the staff waste time going back to their tasks. If only they improved staff efficiency, but I think that would be adding waaaay too much "complexity" to the game, huh?  

Posted by: spin Nov. 23 2004, 10:52 PM
Without staff centers they'll just go "sitting on a bench" instead of "getting supplies from the staff center". Atleast, that how they describe the actions themselves (the keepers)  

Posted by: Zoo102 Nov. 25 2004, 01:01 PM
I think they are just a waste of money because when it says "Going to staff center to resupply" the don't get suppy they just go and stand there in stead of working

Offline casey

• Administrator
  • Marine Biologist
Staff center
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 08:58:07 PM »
Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 16 2004, 08:23 PM
One of the scenarios have buildings called Staff Centers. I looked at the description and it said it was the place staff would return to when they had nothing to do.

So erm . . . what exactly is it good for? I mean does it boost your staff efficiency or something?  

Posted by: Eagle One Nov. 16 2004, 09:20 PM
It gives them a place to get resuplyed and a place to sit instead of your park benchs  

Posted by: Paleo Orca Nov. 16 2004, 09:22 PM
I have no idea  , but you could put it between exhibits with a fence around it so guests can't get in, and use the staff fence only for that, so that way zoo keepers won't be on the benches of the park all the time, I hate it when mine do that  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 16 2004, 09:32 PM
Okay you guys are confusing me a bit. What exactly is the difference between a staff sitting on a bench and staff sitting in the Staff Center? I only see that it saves one spot on the bench for guests l0l.  Maybe I'm just slow . . .  

Posted by: spin Nov. 16 2004, 10:47 PM
Staff in the centre will respond faster, and will have a greater radius to which they respond. (They suggest this with a ZK standing on the tower piece at times)  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Nov. 17 2004, 12:17 AM

Posted by: spin Nov. 17 2004, 12:34 AM
Well, there is an actuall difference in the xml files for waiting on a bench and waiting in the staff center, it's ever so small, but it's there.

In staff.tsk there are 2 setups

The one for waiting on a bench :

CODE  

Which has in it (among allot of other stuff) :

CODE  

Then there is waiting in the staff center :

CODE  

Which has :

CODE  

Those are the differences, codewise, in the first line for each Priority and ReserveTag, and the work number on the other line.  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 17 2004, 07:56 AM
So erm, have you figured out what exactly does it do? I'm guessing it's something with energy needs, happiness, laziness somewhere along those lines - which is why it subtracts.  

Posted by: spin Nov. 17 2004, 09:20 AM
I haven't figured them out yet, but I do know that work is a "weight" variable (like priority, only with negatives the lower number wins), and doesn't get substracted from anything.  

Posted by: Ratqueen Nov. 23 2004, 12:54 PM
I've been wondering what those Staff Centers are for... and if they're useful in any way. I did notice that staff goes to sit there when they have nothing to do, but why?? Do they get trained or something when they go to the Staff Center? If they don't get trained and there's no advantage to it, then what's the use of even adding a Staff Center? In my opinion, it would just make employees waste time by walking to it, then back to their assigned tasks.  

Posted by: WhitePanda Nov. 23 2004, 01:10 PM
Maybe it educates guests? Like, "Oh thats where the staff go to learn about animals" or something.  

Posted by: AdamfromCanada Nov. 23 2004, 04:17 PM
I'm very curious as to this, and I hope someone can figure this out. The staff seems really to love heading to these centers, even if they're all the way across the zoo, making them scream about the inability to reach things when they're heading back.  

Posted by: flamethrower Nov. 23 2004, 04:27 PM
Merging wtih other Staff Center topic.  

Posted by: Kaivo Nov. 23 2004, 04:51 PM
(AdamfromCanada @ Nov. 17 2004, 04:17 AM)

I could just immagine.. a bench out side of an exhibit, looking into it, with a zookeeper sitting in it. A food dish needs filled. So the keeper stretches out an arm as far as he can. "Can't reach food dish!!!" lol.

Posted by: Ratqueen Nov. 23 2004, 05:00 PM
Oops! I'm sorry I posted another topic about this -- I hadn't seen there was one already  I see I'm not the only one wondering about the use for the Staff Centers. I've decided not to add any to my zoos, as they seem to only make the staff waste time going back to their tasks. If only they improved staff efficiency, but I think that would be adding waaaay too much "complexity" to the game, huh?  

Posted by: spin Nov. 23 2004, 10:52 PM
Without staff centers they'll just go "sitting on a bench" instead of "getting supplies from the staff center". Atleast, that how they describe the actions themselves (the keepers)  

Posted by: Zoo102 Nov. 25 2004, 01:01 PM
I think they are just a waste of money because when it says "Going to staff center to resupply" the don't get suppy they just go and stand there in stead of working