Author Topic: Transferring Files - Update  (Read 1297 times)

Offline mo_uk

• Pooper Scooper
Transferring Files - Update
« on: February 19, 2007, 02:02:55 AM »
I was really pleased I had transferred my files, but there was a couple of things I noticed had changed.

When I played for a fresh install, (i.e. no files already in existance), the zoo keeper when he went in to water donned flippers and mask.  The shopkeepers were all at their stalls/shops.  

After reinstalling files, (ones used on old computer), I had no shopkeepers and the zoo keeper stayed in his zoo keeping clothes (this was like this on the old computer too). I also had notices saying the animals were not enclosed and they were!  There may have also been a few other differences.

I am just wondering what it is that caused the changes?  I have not downloaded any files except those from the Microsoft list.  I had completed a few scenario's including unlocking the blue whale (could it be this?)

Its such a shame as it was fun seeing the zoo keeper in the appropriate clothing for the water and its so much better seeing the stalls manned.

Has anyone any ideas what may have caused this?  

Also is there a tour guide in ZT2. as it says they would improve guest happiness, but I haven't found one?

Thanks everyone, enjoy playing.

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
Re: Transferring Files - Update
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 08:59:30 AM »
The tour guides are actually Educators in ZT2, I believe.  I personally don't notice much effect with them. (They only work with a podium, too.)

As for the missing food cart vendors, check that your in-game graphics are up high enough.  I'm sure I've seen a problem like that reported before, I'll try and find it and get back to you ASAP. :)

Edit:  Aha, here, found it.  However it just suggests the same thing! XD  Did you reset your graphics choices after reinstalling? :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 09:01:11 AM by ShenTirag »

Offline mo_uk

• Pooper Scooper
Re: Transferring Files - Update
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 11:45:10 AM »
Thanks I did reset graphics to Best performance after reinstalling all the files, thought this was the best option as I have a far better graphics card than before.  After the clean install, the graphics were set to balanced detail.  

I have just tested out both, and with balanced detail you get the zoo keeper changing clothes and the shopkeepers.  

With best performance, you don't get the shopkeepers at their stalls or the zoo keeper changing outfits.

Mods - Maybe this could be added to my early post about transferring to a new computer, which is now locked, so others are aware.

Thanks for your help ShenTirag.